New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

soonerdad wrote:

Thanks, I have tried all of that except the hard rest

Sticking a pin or paper clip in the hole has no effect

Hard to see but it does not look like there is any switch behind the hole

If you put a paperclip into the hole you can feel the switch clicking. You need to reset with the unit on - it should reboot.

new firmware is fine but still cannot get metadata from series since they are all in folders and named differently (ex: ep1, ep2, etc)… otherwise it’s ok…

soonerdad wrote:

is there any way to go back to the previous firmware?

Does anyone have a copy

You can try this link.  Fortunately for me, I read these forums prior to doing anything on my HUB so I am skipping this new fimware flash! It’s the most recent update I could find but I’m sure there is a more recent update out there somewhere!

http://www.userdrivers.com/RAID-HD-Controller/WD-TV-Live-Hub-HD-Media-Center-Firmware-Update-2-02-16/

Um…no…I feel no switch clicking

As I said before…I have tried …I have even angled the pin and clip

no switch

Did a hard restart on my router…just for grins

All better now

And before you ask, the WDTVHub reported no network “issues”

But it evidently had some just the same

No more firmware upgrades for me for a while

yah, after reading this thread I think I’ll hold off for now…lol.

soonerdad wrote:

All better now

But you said that it was the router and not the hub, so why the problem with future updates. The hub has not got the ability to tell you what is wrong with your network. Resetting anything is simple and cures a lot of problems.

richUK wrote:If you put a paperclip into the hole you can feel the switch clicking. You need to reset with the unit on - it should reboot.

If you are “fishing around”, I recommend something plastic or wood. That comes from experience with other equipment. :cry:

And the book says if you hold the reset switch down for about 10 seconds it will toggle the hub from NTSC (North Am.) to PAL (Europe). I don’t care to test that.

btw, NTSC does not mean “Nat. Television Standards Committee”, it means " N ever T wice the S ame C olor".

bitfiddler wrote:

richUK wrote:If you put a paperclip into the hole you can feel the switch clicking. You need to reset with the unit on - it should reboot.

If you are “fishing around”, I recommend something plastic or wood. That comes from experience with other equipment. :cry:

And the book says if you hold the reset switch down for about 10 seconds it will toggle the hub from NTSC (North Am.) to PAL (Europe). I don’t care to test that.

btw, NTSC does not mean “Nat. Television Standards Committee”, it means " N ever T wice the S ame C olor".

If anybody is worried about using a metal paperclip then they can use a wooden cocktail stick. I can assure users that there is button switch there, you can even see it through the hole in the underside and you should momentarily press it as per the instructions for reset.

If you do change standards then you simply press the button for another 10 seconds and it will revert the standard back.

This worked for me without any problems.

BG still the same as what I put and all my files are visible.

New Update is nice. Now that annoying thing that shows up in the middle has been moved to the top left corner.

Clearly, I’m the only person on the forum to have this issue:> The firmware update seems to have *KILLED* the internal storage on the WDTV Live Hub.  It’s not listed as something that the Disk Manager can access, althought the 8GB USB stick I have plugged into the front of the Hub is.  I can’t seem to get the Hub to downgrade back to the previous version of the firmware, either, so I can’t diagnose whether that’s the issue. > I’d appreciate anyone else’s suggestions; I’ve already done what richUK has listed below, in most cases multiple times. > I’m thinking the only option left now is to go to WD for a replacement? > Anyone else have any notions?> HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!> (Thanks in advance & Happy New Year!)> > * * *

richUK wrote:

From release notes.

Problems during or after firmware upgrade

Network specific issues: 

1. Redo Network Setup:  Setup/Network Settings/Network Setup. 
  1. Clear your Network Shares logins:  Setup/Network Settings/ “Clear login info for 

Network Share.”  Then re-login. 

All issues: 

1. Restart your unit through the user interface: Setup/System/”Device Restart.”  
  1. Reset your unit through the user interface: Setup/System/Reset/”Reset all settings except 

online service accounts.”

1. Hard reset by momentarily pressing a pin in the “Reset” hole on the bottom of the WD 

TV unit. (This will reset the unit back to defaults without eliminating any media or 

personal files)

1. Clear the Content Media Library: Setup/Media Library/”Clear Media Library”

Can you acces the HUB from your PC and see the videos?

I have exactly the same issue. No internal drive now visible, however the unit works fine for plugged in USB drives. I can access the hub now only through using IP address web interface . It states a warning that the drive is nearly full, however no internal drive is shown in the drop down. Effectively my unit has been bricked by what appears to have been a successful auto firmware upgrade.

I only had approx 300MB of media onboard the internal drive at the time of the upgrade so I cannot be accused of having a full drive before the upgrade.

Wish i read this before. All my movie metadata has gone, both my NAS drives have full write persmissions but none of the metadata is showing so looks like i will have to add it all again.

Tried clearing media library and that does not help

I can access the Hub from my computer, and I can see files on drives attached to it via USB, but not what was on the internal storage, much of which were my archive (only) copies. > * * *
Tinwarble wrote:

Can you acces the HUB from your PC and see the videos?

It’s not working for me either can you be more specific about it please ;F

richUK wrote:

soonerdad wrote:

All better now

But you said that it was the router and not the hub, so why the problem with future updates. The hub has not got the ability to tell you what is wrong with your network. Resetting anything is simple and cures a lot of problems.

The only network problem I had was that the hub could not “see out” after the firmware upgrade. I had no other network issues and I am at a loss as to why resetting the hub did not bring it back. All my other computers could see each other, all my network shares, etc and even see files on the hub. But it could not connect to anything else.

Why should I trust future firmware updates…I am not interested in being an unpaid beta tester :slight_smile:

Apparently they lef

richUK wrote:

bitfiddler wrote:

If anybody is worried about using a metal paperclip then they can use a wooden cocktail stick. I can assure users that there is button switch there, you can even see it through the hole in the underside and you should momentarily press it as per the instructions for reset.

If you do change standards then you simply press the button for another 10 seconds and it will revert the standard back.

Apparently they left mine out or it is misaligned/incorrectly assembled

I cnnot see it

I cannot feel it

Nothing happens when I poke something in the hole

It does look like I am scratching the board up by trying

whyte46 wrote:

Wish i read this before. All my movie metadata has gone, both my NAS drives have full write persmissions but none of the metadata is showing so looks like i will have to add it all again.

Tried clearing media library and that does not help

+1.  i always seem to have to redo the GET INFO for my movies/music as well, every firmware update.  tried clearing media library, turned on/off, still not showing :cry:

I dont believe that is true.  While I did lose all of my meta data when I upgraded (286 Movies, thanks WD) when started getting info again, it all displayed as it used to. 

I have my setup like this:

Filder called Movies that contains one folder for each of my moves, the folder is named the same as the movie.   Inside of each folder is a VIDEO_TS folder.     

Under the old folder, I wold navigate to the Movies folder and see all of my movies with meta data right there, that is what I am seeing now, I do not have to navigate into each individual folder to see it.