New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

Despite everyone else’s problems, my upgrade went without problem.

My internal drive is 90% full, all meta still there on videos and my music and pictures which are on the nas all still working.

Did some strange flickers on screen during the update but I just left it, took over 5 minutes to complete.

I wonder if people are pressing buttons before the full update has finished correctly, there was a fair bit of time when the screen was blank with no message between restarts, just a thought.

The only strange thing that has happened is a couple of my videos now start with subtitles on even the default is set too off, no great hassle to turn off though.

The only problem i seem to be facing is the NAS (Samba) login…

It only works when you clear the network sessions and try again…

After disconecting and re-connecting, i introduce the same user and password and it just keep showing the login screen, so back to clear the network sessions and voila!

Anyone experiencing this?

Another thing is the movie browsing (while viewing the covers and backdrops) is painful slow. How to make this more performant?

Thank you

Spoke too soon…my Hub is still getting stupid on seeing the network shares

Last night it could see them but refused to log in so I had to clear the network logins and media library and go in through the video rather than the file menu. Took several trys

PITA

Since the update my metadata is acting up. It wont hold the new title. I tried the reset, clear library etc. I tried it leaving the old metadata in the folder and doing the “Rescan Info” option as well as deleting the .xml file from the folder and getting info from ground zero. Either way the title change won’t stick through a restart or fresh compile. All other metadata including poster art stays fine, but the movie title reverts back to the folder’s default title, which is in most cases the same as the disc it was pulled from.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

The same happened to me all the videos disappeared from the WD Live Hub. If I browsed to the folder location via my PC the files where still there. I cleared and rebuild the media library but this did not do anything. In the end I switched off the media library and then went to the video’s. It still displayed as 0 but when I went into it it asked me to select a data source. I selected local data and all my videos appeared again and there folders. Not sure what affect having the media library switch off will have but it is now working.

My WDTVDEADHUB is one of those that turns on, does the splash screen, flashes the WD led about 9 times, then promptly dies!. Lots and lots of people seem to have this same problem with these devices all over the web forums, yet there is little, or no response from WD. Maybe somebody, somewhere in some backroom is madly trying to work out a solution, but you certainly wouldn’t know it! Whether its to do with this lastest ‘upgrade’ I don’t know. I sent a support question, but no answer as yet. Next step is RMA, then ebay, then something else.

Since I upgraded to Version 2.03.24, I’m unable to use the directional keys on my wirless keyboard while typing on the on-screen keyboard. The prior version I was able to navagaite with no problems on evey screen. Doesn’t someone at WD run a script o test the integrity new firmware before releasing it? Here’s a thought, how about keeping prior firmware versions available so that users can rollback to less crappier version?

why do I only have version 2.02.19 available for update?

bacano wrote:

why do I only have version 2.02.19 available for update?

Because when you upgrade online it steps up the upgrades one by one. If you upgrade to 2.02.19 it will then give you the option to go to 2.03.24. If you download the firmware and put it on a USB drive you can go straight to the 2.03.24

1 Like

Mediamaster wrote:

Since I upgraded to Version 2.03.24, I’m unable to use the directional keys on my wirless keyboard while typing on the on-screen keyboard. The prior version I was able to navagaite with no problems on evey screen. Doesn’t someone at WD run a script o test the integrity new firmware before releasing it? Here’s a thought, how about keeping prior firmware versions available so that users can rollback to less crappier version?

No doubt you will find the previous firmware online if you do a google search. Don’t forget to edit the ver file if you want to rollback. Search for hub firmware 2.02.19

LOL is WD using kids to program the firmware?

thanks but I think I’ll keep the current firmware version.

Ha! I still have version 2.01.05

Everything works fine so far when I play my mkv files, so no need to upgrade!

Longing for Flingo & Deezer too…

just finished upgrading to the latest firmware. No I am getting NO audio through the HDMI cable. I tried several movies, MP3 files, etc.

Any ideas?

Nevermind - I turned the TV on and off and the problem was solved. Odd.

Installed the update on the weekend, so far all seems good.

;-( still no update for Netflix in Canada. **bleep** that i can get it to work on my Wii, ipod, and PC’s but not on the WDTVLIVEHUB.

My response from WD tech support

They cannot help me with my network problems

My only network problems are my hub…and only with it seeing network shares

Not impressed with WD

Getting tired of resetting the media library and network logins all the time

At least OU won on Saturday :wink:

Boomer Sooner!

-Ali

And my daughter was there with the Pride Of Oklahoma!

Boomer Sooner

After update i have problems with DVDs ISO, they all playing choppy. Rolled back to 2.02.19 and they are playing fine

Anybody else has the same problem?