New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

Quote: “I would think that ya’ll would want to change your view to ALL instead of FOLDERs if you don’t want the FOLDER-based view, no?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Actually, I have my Hub view media by GENRE and it works pretty well for me because the movie is not added to the genre list unless the movie/movies have been named with metadata.   My favorite genres are added to my fovorites. 

On the other hand when I select the ALL view, I get stray .m2ts files that the HUB has not been able to structure properly.  I have lots of BD movies that are CERTIFICATE: BDMV.  The HUB generates almost 90% of them and diplays the metadata accordingly. But a few movies such as "UP’ and “SinCity” in which the main movie is spread over multiple .m2ts files, the HUB will not structure or play them properly leaving the .m2ts file cluttered througout when the ALL view is selected.

Sure… I would love to be able to select the ALL view!  Any Ideas??

Oh…WOW

So I guess i wont be flashing until someone has found some reliable thrid party software that can Auto-Generate metadata in a way that the HUB can display properly.  I cant imagine doing the “Get Info” thing again for all my media the way I have heard our friends in this forum say the’ve had to do after this new firmware flash.  NO WAY…JOSE’!

the main movie is spread over multiple .m2ts

ISO them, i have 1 m2ts file that is ISO’d and it works fine

boucher wrote:

the main movie is spread over multiple .m2ts

ISO them, i have 1 m2ts file that is ISO’d and it works fine

Boucher,

that was the solution for many of my BD movies.  I would rip to .ISO with AnyDVD and then play them with the HUB…no problem!!.  But for some reason with the two earlier mentioned movies pus a few more like “Close Encounters OTTK” when I rip them to .ISO, the hub will not play them at all. 

Anyone know how to disable the renaming of files when click get content info?. All my files starting with “The” are named as “Fugitive, The” “Abyss, The” etc. When I press get content info, it will rename the file in the metadata to show “The Fugitive” instead of “Fugitive, The” which is what I originally wanted. Note, it doesn’t rename the actual files, just the in the metadata which disorganizes my whole collection

shadow_cruiser wrote:

Anyone know how to disable the renaming of files when click get content info?. All my files starting with “The” are named as “Fugitive, The” “Abyss, The” etc. When I press get content info, it will rename the file in the metadata to show “The Fugitive” instead of “Fugitive, The” which is what I originally wanted. Note, it doesn’t rename the actual files, just the in the metadata which disorganizes my whole collection

Unfortunately it takes the name from the movie database that it gets the metadata info from. You may be able to edit the xml file to get what you want.

I hopped on the boat, too. I downloaded the new firmware successfully. The hub restarted and then installed the firmware successfully. The total process took about ten minutes. My wife was mad because I switched the TV during a commercial and she missed one of the court cases on her show. The player is now “flash dancing”. I have two hard drives attached to the hub – both are WD 1 TB and 2 TB. Onscreen are the words “compiling media library”. I’ll let you know how long the “flash dance” continues. Now, tell me again, why are we updating the firmware? The benefits are?

The main advantage I see is the improved metadata handling. And it isn’t even listed on the fixes page lol.

The menu seems snappier. Otherwise I haven’t noticed anything.

I’m still waiting for the “flash dance” to finish. I’ve been stuck with “compiling media library” for the last hour. Oh well, there’s a lot of stuff on that little hub…with the two external drives there’s a total capacity of around 4 TB (take away a GB or two for Windows & hub overhead). I’d estimate around 3 TB or so of movies, music, & photos. I bet this “flash dance” will take hours… Maybe it’ll be ready by next year? Happy new years to all!

I wanna throw my 2 cents in the ring here.

I just updated the firmware with some concern after reading all of this.

I have the 1tb on the hub 90% full with a 1.5tb external about 80%full. Ran the update, cleard the library, showed no video files, checked disc status which showed correct, restarted, waited for a few for data to compile.

Watching Diamonds Are Forever right now. all Metadata seems to be showing correctly. Poster art is visible on tiles, no big poster in “cover flow” view. Not sure if thats what its called, the one where the posters scroll across the bottom and the highlighted one shows above with description.

All in all, running and viewing as before, save the large image issue. Pretty happy after reading some of the results on here.

Thanks!!

98_1LE wrote:

The main advantage I see is the improved metadata handling. And it isn’t even listed on the fixes page lol.

The menu seems snappier. Otherwise I haven’t noticed anything.

• *> 98_1LE,> Could you please explain to the forum how the metadata improved after new firmware flash.  It seems like lots of people are loosing their metadata after flash so i’m a bit confused by your statement.  I do realize the new metadata format in which they are assigned to each media folder individually instead of in one folder, but you would still have to manually add metadata back after flash using the “Get Info” option. > For those of us who have hundreds of movies in which we have spent hours manually adding metadata, how is this an improvement if we would have to go through the same process of manually adding metadata after we flash new firmware? …or is metadata auto-added to media files after flash?> Please explain!!

OMG this is ■■■■…

I spent days getting my metadata and finally had my hub like I wanted it. Now all my metadata is gone.

All the movies on the local drive (the internal 1TB), I can “get the info” and the data will show up, but with 100’s of movies this is ■■■■ to have to go through all that again.

But the worst part is I have at least 500 movies on my network, all in folders (action, adventure, etc) and I have lost all of that data. Even when I hit the “get the info” button, it finds the movies, but does not put the data (the thumb) on my hub. I have tried to clear the library, rebooted way to many times, rebooted the server and still nothing.

Why would WD release such trash?  Do they not test the release before they put it out, or are we the guinne pigs to work out the bugs.

My advise to all who haven’t dl the update… DO NOT DO IT!!!

WD… PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE

If your data isn’t showing up, try deleting the .wd_tv folder on the HUB’s HDD.  Then do a “clear media library”, I found out the hard way that the old data in the .wd_tv folder was cause the HUB not to display the thumbs for my movies.

I too lost all my metadata, and spent well over an hour repopulating 213 movies.

However with the data on the NAS, It can be backed up, should work with other Live Hubs on the network and maybe future WDTV boxes.

WD should have put that behavior in the release notes: if your movies are on a read-only NAS, its gonna get lost…

My unit was working great

Then I was stupid and accepted the firmware update

Now the unit does not see one of my network shares any more and the other one shows as no media files

ANd yet I can access both shares from every other pc in my house and I can access the WD Hub files from those other PC’s

What the heck was I thinking

From release notes.

Problems during or after firmware upgrade

Network specific issues: 

1. Redo Network Setup:  Setup/Network Settings/Network Setup. 

2. Clear your Network Shares logins:  Setup/Network Settings/ “Clear login info for 

Network Share.”  Then re-login. 

All issues: 

1. Restart your unit through the user interface: Setup/System/”Device Restart.”  

2. Reset your unit through the user interface: Setup/System/Reset/”Reset all settings except 

online service accounts.”

1. Hard reset by momentarily pressing a pin in the “Reset” hole on the bottom of the WD 

TV unit. (This will reset the unit back to defaults without eliminating any media or 

personal files)

1. Clear the Content Media Library: Setup/Media Library/”Clear Media Library”

OK,

I finally got the hub to save the meta on my network drive. I had to right click on the shared folder, click properties, click the sharing tab, then make sure the “allow network users to change my files” was checked. It will now save the meta on the hub for both the local and the shared network files. I still had to spend about 2 hours manually getting the meta data for all my movies, as the update seemed to have lost all that info.

It would be nice if WD made notice of what should be expected with the new releases (pros and cons).

Thanks, I have tried all of that except the hard rest

Sticking a pin or paper clip in the hole has no effect

Hard to see but it does not look like there is any switch behind the hole

is there any way to go back to the previous firmware?

Does anyone have a copy