New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

Download page on official WD site shows 1.03.49_V as current firmware for WDTV Live.

Clicking on that link takes you to Product Update page for 1.04.10 version, but with NO LINK to download the firmware.

What is going on?

SnakeCharmer wrote:

After the update to 1.04.10_V i got this weird problem. When i play a dvd movie over the network, it’s pauses/stops while playing. Anyone else got this problem?

Any method to role-back to 1.03.49_V ?

WD just posted official instructions including links!

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

1 Like

Looks very good.

I reset to factory defaults after upgrade.

Detect some issues:

1. Menu navigation sometimes still slow.

2. After starting play my avi xvid file from usb flash, push option button, option menu appear and icon of audiotracks have info: no audiochannel, but if i move menu < or > then it show correct audioinfo.

the new update killed playon from being used… which by the way was the ONLY reason i got the player…  untill its fixed its an electronic pile of ■■■■ to me… do they check updates before they send them out??

the new update killed playon from being used… which by the way was the ONLY reason i got the player…  untill its fixed its an electronic pile of ■■■■ to me… do they check updates before they send them out??

This has also happened to my WD Live Plus.  Very disappointing.  After applying version 1.04.10_V the stuttering is so bad that it makes watching DVD images all but impossible.  Why did they not test this properly before releasing it.  I also have a WD Live and I will NOT be updating that one until they fix this problem.  I also have the WD Live TV Hub and that is working fine since it uses a different firmware update than the Live and Live Plus.

I have noticed that using the player for H.264 rips still works fine with no stuttering.  Just the DVD images do not work properly with this new update.

Can confirm tha network shares still doesn’t work with this firmware, niether on NAS nor on a pc. So I’m back to 1.02.21 which is the latest working firmware for me.

Don’t know about any other issues that have been posted here, as I gave up after seeing, that network shares doesn’t work, and without that feature I don’t think this box is worth much…

I wonder how a firmware update can act SO different on a piece of hardware that is the same for all.

But I guess I must live with that I have spent money on a thing that can never be upgraded…

1 Like

DVD ISO Stuttering:  No problems with any of mine over NAS…  Watched three or four episodes of TV shows last night on DVD, not a single hiccup.  Make sure that your REBOOTs aren’t doing something weird like forcing your 100 Meg connection to drop to 10 Meg… (mine HAS done that a few times in the last months…)

For those who are having SHARING problems,  would you confirm that your WORKGROUP NAMES are set the same?   The HUB software will NOT show servers with a different workgroup name, and like other things that have broken, they may have moved that “feature” over to the Live/Live+.

RoofingGuy wrote:

SnakeCharmer wrote:

Any method to role-back to 1.03.49_V ?

Change the version in the .ver file from the 1.03.49 zip, to something above 1.04.10.

Thanks… worked.

1 Like

I’m really disappionted that WD doesn’t at least acknowledge that there are streaming problems with the latest firmware. How about providing a little customer service WD?

Excellent firmware. The fact that so far observed:
Network is faster.
In addition, WDTV Live offers to resume watching the movie after disconnecting from the socket. In the folder. wdtv on hdd file is created video_resume_point_table

This is wonderful!

1 Like

qwerk wrote:

I doubt they test them with playon, why should they. (I’ll just say that the once)

Something that really needs to be added to the next release of the firmware: the ability to back up and restore the configuration, at least for logins to third-party sites.

With the addition of 923 new online services which require logins, if you have to do a full reset before or after an upgrade re-entering all of the credentials for them from scratch is going to be rather tedious.  it was one thing when all we had to deal with was YouTube and local shares, but with everything else that’s been added this seems like something that needs to be included.

If this does happen, I’d like to request that those credentials not be stored in plaintext once they’re backed up…

1 Like

How do You Do that , I still Have teh stutter problem with some of my Movies !!

:cry:

Suprising! 2 firmware in one week! Is there something with WD?

My Live box was working perfect with latest 1.03.

With 1.04, apart from new adds, seems to work a lot faster while accessing shares from both my W7 laptops and from my Synology NAS.

I’ll try tomorrow to install Windows Essentials 2011 to confirm I will still be able to acces my laptop shares.

I have the feeling this is the latest firmware for Live!

Good job WD! There were moments (months) when I tought you droped Live development and I’m happy that you managed to give us DVD menus and some other good improvements!

the resolution on wd tv live changes itself back to default after several power on/off cycles (over remote)… i set it to 1080p/60hz and after some time it changes back to 720p/50hz… the tv is panasonic plasma full hd p42g20es.

and also, sometimes when i wanna play some files (mp3, mkv, avi, doesn’t matter which filetype over local usb hdd wd passport) i get the “unsupported file type” error… when i leave it 2 minutes in peace, i can start the same files without problems…

these two problems are really annoying… please fix this… same problems were in 1.03.49_V. :angry:

and yes, the device has been reset to factory settings via menu and via reset button…

Zagyy wrote:

and also, sometimes when i wanna play some files (mp3, mkv, avi, doesn’t matter which filetype over local usb hdd wd passport) i get the “unsupported file type” error… when i leave it 2 minutes in peace, i can start the same files without problems…

these two problems are really annoying… please fix this… same problems were in 1.03.49_V. :angry:

That’s not a “bug” that you’ll ever see fixed.  The simple fact is that your media isn’t done indexing yet when you first try to play.  The WDTV hasn’t checked yet that it is a playable file.  That’s why waiting makes the problem go away.

yes but wd tv live makes its index base… no content was added or removed from the usb hdd, so there was no need to reindex it.

this problem never appeared on fw 1.02.21_V. and i was using it everyday for several hours in last 3 weeks with the same content.

on 1.03.49 and 1.04.10 it appeared immediately and is constantly appearing.

no content was added or removed from the usb hdd, so there was no need to reindex it.

How would the WDTV know that, while it was turned off?

When the power settings changed to meet EU requirements, the WDTV will re-index every time you power it up – it can’t tell whether the drive’s been removed or not.

When it used to stay partially on, it could tell if the drive was removed or not.

WHAT ABOUT USB UPDATE THE LINK GIVEN here is it right ??