New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

I bought this box just one week ago primarily to access my  Playon server ((premium edition) It worked great until last nights firmware update. Now all the playon channels are gone.  Is my money down the drain? Does anybody know if there is a complaints phone number for WD? This is unacceptable. It can’t be a coincidence that WD disabled free Hulu access just prior to their planned addition of (paid) Hulu Plus access. Did the Hulu people get to WD? :angry:

Can somebody help?

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Huh. I can’t find any big cities in Canada!

Ottawa is there, unless it doesn’t count as a BIG city LOL. At least they got the capital of the country.

dosborne wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Huh. I can’t find any big cities in Canada!

Ottawa is there, unless it doesn’t count as a BIG city LOL. At least they got the capital of the country.

I’d be interested to see if postcodes work better than city names for Canada - I’m in the 'States, but had to use my ZIP code due to Accuweather being unable to locate my city as well.

casm23 wrote:

I’d be interested to see if postcodes work better than city names for Canada - I’m in the 'States, but had to use my ZIP code due to Accuweather being unable to locate my city as well.

Didn’t even think to try that.   If someone has it in front of them, try out either the Three-Letter or Four Letter ICAO Airport Codes.

Like:  DFW  or KDFW  (Dallas / Fort Worth, USA)

or:   YTZ or CYTZ  (Toronto, Canada)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Didn’t even think to try that.   If someone has it in front of them, try out either the Three-Letter or Four Letter ICAO Airport Codes.

or:   YTZ or CYTZ  (Toronto, Canada)

It’s “YYZ” for “Lester B. Pearson” in Toronto. :wink:

I didn’t think to try “YYZ” last night, but I DID try “Lester B. Pearson” when I saw U.S. Airports coming up and wasn’t getting a result – can’t recall if I gave up before I typed it all out, though.

“No Results Found”  for “YYZ” or “CYYZ”.

Search for the FULL NAME of the city in Canada.

West Vancouver did not show up until I typed in the entire string, but it works fine now.

Just type the full name. If Cambridge ON and Kitchener ON where there I would assume Ottawa would show up too.

VancouverPete:   That’s what I was trying.  I couldn’t get ANY international results at all.

BTW, I don’t live in Canada, I live in Texas,  but I was trying to see what RG was seeing.

When I typed the full name “TORONTO” all I had were the US city matches, and nowhere to scroll from there.

I wonder if AccuWeather is restricting the search based on the IP address of the client?   a “Georeference” perhaps?

RoofingGuy wrote:

It’s “YYZ” for “Lester B. Pearson” in Toronto. :wink:

I didn’t think to try “YYZ” last night, but I DID try “Lester B. Pearson” when I saw U.S. Airports coming up and wasn’t getting a result – can’t recall if I gave up before I typed it all out, though.

“No Results Found”  for “YYZ” or “CYYZ”.

Well, SURE, if you’re a Jet Pilot…   I’m a single engine pilot.  I like the smaller airports.  ;)

It was ID10T on my part last night, Tony… I didn’t “Submit”.

If I submit the search I can get it to show up, but I can also get “Georgetown” to show up now so I don’t need Toronto. :smileyvery-happy:

I’m very satisfied with this new firmware, everything is working fine (for now)! :smiley:

Well, SURE, if you’re a Jet Pilot…   I’m a single engine pilot.  I like the smaller airports.

Ya, but Buttonville is closing, and the Island is a PITA… besides, Environment Canada gets my weather from Pearson anyways, so no matter where I’d fly in and out of, it’d be the one I’d need for my local forecast. :wink:  (The turn from downwind to base for 05 is pretty much right over my house)

Actually, oddly enough, Georgetown is a subset of the town of Halton Hills.  “Georgetown” weather comes from Pearson, but “Halton Hills” weather comes from the Guelph airport. :smileyvery-happy:

Playon does not work with new FW :(; would love to know if it would work after doing a factory reset. Anyone; thanks…

I have the same problem , Do you all ready know how to fix it ?

I have the same problem , Do you know all ready how to fix this  ?

Cheers !!!

Nope, PlayOn is busted on the Live, the Live Plus and the Live Hub in the latest firmwares.

Maybe “Reset To Factory Faults”?

After the update to 1.04.10_V i got this weird problem. When i play a dvd movie over the network, it’s pauses/stops while playing. Anyone else got this problem?

Any method to role-back to 1.03.49_V ?

SnakeCharmer wrote:

Any method to role-back to 1.03.49_V ?

Change the version in the .ver file from the 1.03.49 zip, to something above 1.04.10.

I created a ticket with Playon.

Chris is looking in to the matter. He requested me to send him the link for 1.02 downgrade hich brings playon back to life

PlayOn 3.0.31.1337 Support Request #908227875