New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

Zagyy wrote:

the resolution on wd tv live changes itself back to default after several power on/off cycles (over remote)… i set it to 1080p/60hz and after some time it changes back to 720p/50hz… the tv is panasonic plasma full hd p42g20es. 

When turning on the Live, is the TV already switched on and set to the correct HDMI input?

My Network Shares are working with this new release! Unfortunately the unit froze a couple times since the upgrade. Hopefully it doesn’t become a pattern.

RoofingGuy wrote:

no content was added or removed from the usb hdd, so there was no need to reindex it.

How would the WDTV know that, while it was turned off?

When the power settings changed to meet EU requirements, the WDTV will re-index every time you power it up – it can’t tell whether the drive’s been removed or not.

When it used to stay partially on, it could tell if the drive was removed or not.

they could build in a check procedure that is triggered that second when you press “play” to see if the file type is ok or not and it would take less time than to do the check of all files on the disk.

PixelPower wrote:

Zagyy wrote:

the resolution on wd tv live changes itself back to default after several power on/off cycles (over remote)… i set it to 1080p/60hz and after some time it changes back to 720p/50hz… the tv is panasonic plasma full hd p42g20es. 

When turning on the Live, is the TV already switched on and set to the correct HDMI input?

Sometimes yes, sometimes not… why? Does it matter? It’s manually set to 1080p/60hz so it should stay like that whether the tv is on or not… it is NOT set to “auto”.

i repeat, this doesn’t happen on 1.02.21_V

Stone_Age wrote:

My Network Shares are working with this new release! Unfortunately the unit froze a couple times since the upgrade. Hopefully it doesn’t become a pattern.

Try resetting to factory defaults. This sometimes helps after a firmware update.

they could build in a check procedure that is triggered that second when you press “play”

Um… ???

Until it re-scans the drive, looking for media, you’d have no files listed.

The issue is that it’s still building a list of what’s available on the drive, so the master list of playable media isn’t available yet to the playback section of the code.

The scan needs to finish for the WDTV to correctly access the media – otherwise, trying to meddle with the list while it’s still being built could corrupt it.

RoofingGuy wrote:

they could build in a check procedure that is triggered that second when you press “play”

Um… ???

Until it re-scans the drive, looking for media, you’d have no files listed.

The issue is that it’s still building a list of what’s available on the drive, so the master list of playable media isn’t available yet to the playback section of the code.

The scan needs to finish for the WDTV to correctly access the media – otherwise, trying to meddle with the list while it’s still being built could corrupt it.

Ok that makes sense… but why did it work perfectly on the old firmware?

And how long do people with 2TB of disk space full of mp3’s and movies have to wait scan to finish? There has to be a better way to do this :slight_smile:

I have a 500gb disk with not so many files…

Zagyy wrote:

PixelPower wrote:

Sometimes yes, sometimes not… why? Does it matter? It’s manually set to 1080p/60hz so it should stay like that whether the tv is on or not… it is NOT set to “auto”.

i repeat, this doesn’t happen on 1.02.21_V 

There was / is an HDMI issue on the Hub whereby it would forget HDMI settings when switched on before the TV (regardless of being set to Auto or a pre-defined resolution).  Since the latest Live/+ firmware exhibits other bugs that originated on the Hub, could be that this one has passed over too.

The workaround on the Hub is to turn the Hub on last, once everything else is turned on and ready (not such a hardship).  I’m wondering whether this will work for you too, and whether the resolution changes corresponded to switching the Live on before the TV is ready.

Are the fade in fade out effects working … ? im waiting for the Usb version …

IS THIS downoad link safe ??

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1.04.10_V.zip

PixelPower wrote:

There was / is an HDMI issue on the Hub whereby it would forget HDMI settings when switched on before the TV (regardless of being set to Auto or a pre-defined resolution).  Since the latest Live/+ firmware exhibits other bugs that originated on the Hub, could be that this one has passed over too.

The workaround on the Hub is to turn the Hub on last, once everything else is turned on and ready (not such a hardship).  I’m wondering whether this will work for you too, and whether the resolution changes corresponded to switching the Live on before the TV is ready.

I’ll check that and I’ll let you know, but if i remember good, sometimes the resolution stayed as set eventhough the tv was off when i powered on the wd.

but i’ll check again! :slight_smile:

CAN sum body …REPLY ??

Ais Fade in Fade out effect working ?? and is this download link safe ??

I get no results when searching for anywhere with Accuweather. I am trying to find a location in Ireland but even if searching for somewhere in United States it says “There was a problem connecting to the network. The device could not connect to the network.” the default location of Irvine, United States is displaying all weather and FB and YouTube are working so I know there is no Internet issue. I have the WDTV Live connected to my router directly. Anyone else have similar problem Internationally?

Zagyy wrote:

Ok that makes sense… but why did it work perfectly on the old firmware?

I believe that there were issues with the database getting corrupted if the playback code tried meddling with it while it was still being built… I’m guessing it was changed to fix that issue.

I have 1TB drives and they take about two minutes to scan.

Hi!

Just wanted to say thanks WD for this update!

Everything works like a charm and nothing to complain about at all.

Realy like this new Facebook and USB keyboard support! Will try to find a cheap keyboard to use with it. :slight_smile:

Zagyy wrote:

PixelPower wrote:

I’ll check that and I’ll let you know, but if i remember good, sometimes the resolution stayed as set eventhough the tv was off when i powered on the wd.

OK so I’ve checked again. I turned off the TV, turned off WD, waited for 3 minutes, powered on WD, waited for 3 minutes and the i powered back on the TV, the resolution stayed as manally set to 1080p/60hz, but it won’t stay this way for long :frowning: in next few boots it will go back to 720p/50hz…

Hi to all,

I am really very happy seeing such a lot of work bringing out new firmware. Though, why every new firmware rises up new issues. The biggest issue is ‘Video Output’ set to HDMI (AUTO) but no 1080/24p is set up by the box when a ISO or MKV with such a content is started.

I really don’t get it. With 1.02.21 that feature worked fine and I loved it!

Thats my configuration:

WD TV Live

Firmware: 1.04.10

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-40X3500

I’ve updated to the newest firmware and reset the factory defaults. Turned the box on and off but no HDMI(Auto)!!!

Thanks for your Help

Schaf

1 Like

Zagyy wrote:

Zagyy wrote:

PixelPower wrote:

OK so I’ve checked again. I turned off the TV, turned off WD, waited for 3 minutes, powered on WD, waited for 3 minutes and the i powered back on the TV, the resolution stayed as manally set to 1080p/60hz, but it won’t stay this way for long :frowning: in next few boots it will go back to 720p/50hz…

I left the TV on from previous testing, turned WD off for few minutes, turned the WD back on and voila, resolution back to 720p/50 hz :frowning:

veda2810 wrote:

CAN sum body …REPLY ??

Ais Fade in Fade out effect working ?? and is this download link safe ??

That is the official download server and the correct filename.

It should be safe.  :)

Is tthere anybody know’s how I can fix my stutter problem wat I’ve got now  with the new Upgrage I recieve ???

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP !!

Thank you so much !!