Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

hi, thanks again for giving us a theme for SMP.

I recently installed mojo and am currently trying to get it to work with Lstar337’s ‘Split-Sheet’ v3.0 Movie Sheets!

The issue I am getting currently is that the movie sheet generated is being covered by say mojo’s sheet ?(not sure if this is a good description) .

Just to illustrate further. take for example the on the 1st page of this thread, take the 2nd screenshot. Basically I see that and in the background I also see the moviesheet I generated with Lstar337’s ‘Split-Sheet’ v3.0 Movie Sheets!

any ideas if and how I’d work resolve this issue?

Thank you

Hello,

I’m new to the community and first of all, great forum and a lots of thanks to Tinwarble for porting this to the SMP.

I’m glad to say that I got it to work after spending some time with the theme and thumbgen.

But I have a few questions.

I’m using a selfmade linux server with several media servers on it. (PSM, mediatomb and Logitech). It seems that none of these could handle the right data. I do only have moviesheets when using a simple Windows Share as it was mentioned here before. Perhaps someone has got a hint for that problem.

When using the windows share some videos (mostly avi with DolbyDigital) are stuttering. Curiously a mpeg with 1080p and DolbyDigital is played back very well.There’s no chance to change some values in the SMP to get rid of this? The SMP is connected via wifi but according to the 1080p file this shouldn’t be the problem.

Whats about the file extensions? When using the media servers I do see all the files e.g. *.jpg. Only when using the sahred network the video file is shown only.

So long,

Regards

Jose

IGNORE this post - Sorry guys, in my haste I posted this but it’s not for here, it of course a question for the thumbgen guys. Having said that if anyone has answer please feel free to chime in and let me know your thoughts. Cheers

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the great theme and tutorials - very appreciated.

I’m having an issue - sometimes it works and at others it doesn’t as you can see from the attached images. Basically the moviesheet is becoming my thumbnail as you can see with Cars and at other times it works fine as you can see with Cloudy with a Chance’. I have no idea why or what I am doing wrong and it’s happening a lot.

Apols if this has been answered already - I’ve looked but nothing quite seems to answer my issue. 

So I’ve been reading through a lot of posts in this forum.

I really dig the the theme and was trying to follow It’s progress.

It seems some things have broke for certain people in a recent firmware update, or am I wrong?

Going to install MOJO theme and play around. Using the latest FW as of 1/7/11…so don’t know if I’m asking for trouble. Will report back.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Yeah, please let us know how it works out for you - if you can get all the templates/data working correctly.

If you can I’ll most likely give it a go. 'cause this theme is so much better than the stock theme for the SMP, but I just

didn’t want to invest a lot of time into tinkering around if the new Firmware broke something.

So far looks ok in the first few minutes I’ve used it…though I do seem to be having the same issue described above, where some of the thumbs are actually the moviesheets that I had ALREADY in my folders (Created using a different template a long time ago).

Will have to see if there’s any naming convention differences between the ones that are working correctly and the ones that aren’t. (i.e. movie.jpg vs movie.mkv_sheet.jpg). Again, these were moviesheets, thumbs, and xml created long ago…so there’s bound to be some funny things happening.

I have not yet messed around with creating correct moviesheets per the tutorial. Hope to try that out this week.

Thumbgen is generating a tgmd file for each movie and I am wondering what it’s for and do I need it, I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Thanks

A very verh handy file that I didn’t discover until after I had already created moviesheets for many of my movies…sadness on my end. Makes it fairly easy to switch templates.

A metadata file (having .tgmd extension) can be generated (optionally but recommended) during processing of the movie files. It contains the .nfo file (movie info) and full size images for cover, background and 3 fanarts. Having this file will be very easy to reskin your sheets using another template via “Create from metadata” option in Files Browser. ThumbGen will use metadata information to generate new sheets (using the new template) without searching info/images again and without any user interaction being required.

Another advantage of the .tgmd file is that next time you want to adjust something about a movie you can instruct ThumbGen to load info/images from metadata (skipping this way the searching step) , modify some items and then generate a new metadata file with the modifications.

http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:art-metadata&catid=35:faq-general&Itemid=54

Thanks for info natebetween.

Another question, can the moviesheets change in the background from 1 to another and if yes how do I set up thumbgen?

Are you asking if moviesheet info can show up, and the background picture (backdrop) will alternate between pictures?

I do not believe this is something you can do with Thumbgen, as you only pick one background when you generate all of your files.

By default, the SMP does this if you use the get info feature, and the appropriate view. (I am assuming this is the behavior that you’re looking for). You can do this with the standard theme, as well as some others. But I *believe* that once the theme is set up to use moviesheets (as in Mojo), you lose that feature. However, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

Hmm…went through the tutorial step by step. Generated my sheets and appropriate supporting files. XML data, thumb, and box showing fine…but no moviesheet in the background. Hmm…

Not sure where I went wrong, but will give it another go later today or tomorrow.

I’m soooo close I can almost taste it. Got the backdrops to work finally. Missed a step: “set the drop boxes for .xml, Default, and Export using WDTV Live Hub format”

Whoops.

Now the backdrop cycles between two pictures; the appropriate one and the large thumbnail. Trying to figure this one out. I can edit the XML so that it doesn’t cycle that picture, but I’d rather not do it manually. When I *DO* erase the picture and the line from the XML, the one backdrop picture shows, but it “cycles”, going blank and coming back again. Is that normal?

For what it’s worth, I’m using a different template for the box; A simple one that just gives a .jpg ("Taurus_35_Simple_Thumbs). Didn’t want to mess with changing the PNG. Not sure if this has something to do with it or not…but will investigate.

Change your settings for the picture slideshows in the setup menu … change it so it does a ‘fade’ transition … or set it so it only cycles every 5 minutes. This should get rid of the backdrop picture slideshow showing that it is cycling in any way.

Great…that worked like a charm! Thanks. Read a lot about using backdrops in the SMP, but never came upon that jewel. I think that comes in handy even if I stay with the stock theme. Great.

Guess my last issue is how do I get the XML file that is created not to reference the coverbox that I create so that it is one of the options in the slideshow? I can do it manually, but would rather not. All of my checkboxes are as they are in the tutorial. What am I missing?

Just got the notice of a new FW update. Don’t want to apply it yet until I’m absolutely sure I can get Mojo functioning 100%

Hi Tinwarble,

First of all: Awesome job, it’s a great theme.

I’ve nearly finished setting up my movie library.

But I still got a few questions:

1. Regarding the .png bug. What firmware do I need to roll back to? (I’m using SMP 1.06.04)

But it took me awhile to get my SMP to work properly (Network Shares), so I’m a bit “scared” to roll back.

Or do you have any other suggestions? Another Template? Changing options from .png to .jpg?

1. How do I use genre icons? Use same name for picture as for the folder?

2. On the right In the moviename_sheet.jpg picture, I have SoundFormats, MediaFormats, VideoFormats and Resolutions, but I never seem to have a picture for the studio/company (bottom one of the 5). But other WDTV members seem to have this pictures. What do I need to do for this?

Thx in advance, Jonathan!

Notes:

• I had to change resolution to 90% to get full view of the theme (else the top and bottom were cut off) (Using 32" 1366x768)

• Apparenly changing custom date to yyyy/MM/dd did not work! yyyy-MM-dd did

Homer-Simpson wrote:

Hi Tinwarble,

I have just bought a Western Digital TV Live Air Streaming Media Player.  I have followed your guide and I seem to be having a few issues. 

I have followed your guides on how to use Thumbgen etc.  I have uploaded your theme to my WD Live device.  The issue I have is that when I look at the case art it just isn’t showing up.

I have each film in a seperate folder.  When looking at the folder I can see the cover art, when I go into the folder where the AVI/MKV is I don’t get any cover art.

Now once I have renamed the PNG files to JPG’s the images circle in red will not show.  If I leave them as PNG files the bottom set of images stay but the image on the left screen seems to be missing the bottom quarter of the image (I have put a red line where the image would then cut off).  If I leave it as a PNG file the previous screen (the folder view) also then drops a quarter of the image.

Have you got any idea why I am seeing this?

In Thumbgen I am using Mojo_Glass_sheet and TW No Cover Box.

EDIT: Updated with pictures

On the main menu this is what I am seeing, “10 Things I Hate About You” is the film with the “PNG” still, “102 Dalmations” is when I have changed the PNG to a JPG.

If you haven’t resolved this problem, I had the same this week and found that the kb size of the jpg file was causing the problem. If it’s to large it won’t display right, I placed a jpg file that did display ok in the faulty one’s place and it showed ok so I noted the kb’s of that file and then reduced image size of faulty one so it was same kb size or less.

Cheers

Hello everybody. I’m having the same problem with partial pictures. Can you tell me ritaben how did you solve it? Which program did you use to reduce image size? Did you leave it as png after reducing its size, or did you change it to jpg?

Eredhion wrote:

Hello everybody. I’m having the same problem with partial pictures. Can you tell me ritaben how did you solve it? Which program did you use to reduce image size? Did you leave it as png after reducing its size, or did you change it to jpg?

I used an old Ulead Photo 6 program to rezize the files to about 30kb then save them as jpg not png.

Hope this helps