Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Can anyone confirm or deny if mojo still works for 1.06?

I only ran it for a few hours since I don’t like the looks of it, but it appeared to work just fine on the lastest firmware.

I am running the lateset firmware and it runs fine. Only thing that doesnt seem to be working for me (minor issue), is that when i scroll through my various movies - the background stays the same (Default). When i go into the specific movie folder where the movie is however - the backgrounds come up fine and work as they should?

Have i done anything wrong or missed something in my setup?

Arakon - What didn’t you like about how it looked? There are screen shots of how it looks at the beginning of this thread - you couldn’t tell from looking at them?

Wing - If you have individual movie folders created for each movie - I.e. “Hellboy” folder for Hellboy or “Sin City” for Sin City (with the .avi/.mkv) files in those folders (or whatever .ext it is) you will not be able to see the backdrops/synopsis etc until you enter the folder on the default theme anyhow. Is that what you are referring to? The only way you could get around that is if you removed the individual movie folders. The information/backdrops will then display when you scroll through your media.

@Fennec: Too shiny bright for my taste. And yes, I saw the screenshots of course, but I wanted to see it in action for myself. I went with Anodized now, although I am keeping an eye on Mojo Dark too.

Fennec - Yeah thats exactly my setup! - Thats fine - no biggie. Appreciate the answer! :smiley:

Arakon or anyone else - is the movie cover art for the mojo theme higher quality than that of the default theme for the SMP?

It just seems like It’s much higher quality for mojo… (At least based on the supplied screen shots at the start of this thread.)

is there a Tut on how to use MOJO , i did all the ThumbGen Steps , all my movies are complete , but im not sure what to do with Mojo and where to install it  ,  im using a USB drive that will be connected to the WD TV Live streaming , so for example , my movies are all on my J: / drive in the movie folder , i have all covers and etc  witch was generated by ThumbGen , the Mojo folder do i extract that in the root of the USB hard drive ? …

This link may help - near the top.
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Video-Tutorials-nOOb-Centeral/td-p/283846

yes i did all those steps , only problem is   Mojo SMP 2.02.03   im not sure where to extract this

I’ve never tried to install this theme or any other theme, so I’d only be guessing.
But I think you can probably find a tutorial on YouTube about it. I know there was a post about themes on this board that discusses the information you’re looking for. I’ll post the link later if I find it.

Try putting the theme on a USB thumb drive at the root directory > plug it into the front SMP USB port and install from there? I’m sure if you look through this thread you will find the answer. I’m gonna try playing around with the theme this week when I get some free time. If I find out any info regarding your question I’ll post it here. If you figure it out - feel free to post your results here 'cause I’d be interested as well.

Just go to your web browser, typ your static ip for your WDTV SMP (you had to set that up, when installing SMP)

Otherwise, start up your SMP, go the settings (setup), netwerk setup (twice), you’ll see it there.
login&psw are by default “admin”.
go to Appearance, and upload you theme.zip file

(Re)start your SMP.

Or you can be a big boy and read the user manual (which is available on wdc.com

heheh thanks , yeah ill add the MOJO.ZIP to my 500GIG WD passport witch I will be using for now for the movies , and do what you said … getting my unit in 2 days so ill report back . thank you

how do i get the weather thing to work ?

I’m reading through the thumbgen tutorial and I see:
“Select files/Folders browsers”
“Show moviesheet at folder level”
Does this mean If I select “Show moviesheet at folder level” all the movie sheet info will display once the specified folder is selected? I.e. specific folders for individual movies “Sin
City” folder with the .mkv movie file inside. As long as the folder for the movie is highlighted I can see the movie sheet info - I don’t have to enter the folder as I do with the default theme?

Seeing this has me thinking - with a theme like mojo is it possible to get all the info for the movie to show at the folder level cause I thought that was a limitation of the SMP.

Hi Tinwarble, your Mojo theme is brilliant and I have added 2 of your mini-themes to it

1. Menu addon

2. Music view

and it looks even better for me.

Thank you

ritaben wrote:

Hi Tinwarble, your Mojo theme is brilliant and I have added 2 of your mini-themes to it

1. Menu addon
  1. Music view

Thank you

ritaben, I agree that Mojo is a fantastic theme. Where did you find the 2 mini-themes you mentioned? I’ve scanned all the pages in this thread and I must have missed something.

macman wrote:

ritaben wrote:

1. Menu addon

2. Music view

Thank you

ritaben, I agree that Mojo is a fantastic theme. Where did you find the 2 mini-themes you mentioned? I’ve scanned all the pages in this thread and I must have missed something.

• *> * * *
      macman wrote:

ritaben wrote:

1. Menu addon

2. Music view

Thank you

ritaben, I agree that Mojo is a fantastic theme. Where did you find the 2 mini-themes you mentioned? I’ve scanned all the pages in this thread and I must have missed something

For menu addon go here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Mojo-Menu-Add-on/td-p/259044

For music view go here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/MUSIC-VIEW-the-final-mini-mod-Update-3-2-11/td-p/144688

Just follow Tinwarbles instructions regards reducing zip file size when menu addon is added to Mojo theme, I made a copy of the Mojo theme and then deleted some of the folders I don’t use (find them under Mojo\Images).

The music view files just copied straight in, no need to change zip file size.

I did one at a time to ensure they worked.

Thank Tinwarble for his great work.

Cheers

Got a couple easy/dumb questions that I’d appreciate an answer on.

1.) Reading through the Thumbgen Guide for Mojo it says to map the HUB as a network drive. Can I just skip this step and create the Thumbgen files directly on my external HD connected to my notebook? I.e. As long as these files per movie are on the HD I should be good to go?

-Filename

-Filename_cover.jpg

-Filename.png (rename to jpg)

-Filename_sheet.jpg

-Filename.xml

2.) I’ve already selected “Get Content info” for hundreds of movies on the default theme. Is there an easy/quick way to get rid of all the data on my external HD?

I downloaded the menu addon for Mojo and followed instructions to add images and .xmls with no problem. The compressed file was too large which I expected so I attempted to reduce the size by eliminating some files in Images that had xxxx.png as per Tinwarble’s instructions. When attempting to install to SMP I get an Invalide file notice. Do you have any idea what I shouldn’t have eliminated? or what specific files should be eliminated.