Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

If your having issues with Thumbgen, you need to contact Thumbgen: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewforum.php?f=25

I have nothing to do with TG, so I can’t help you with program issues and you’ll have to contact the developer.

TInwarble I have one quick question.

I just downloaded all of darklight and I got it up and running and I found it just a “tad” too plain for me (all my own preferences and not a bit of a complaint on your awesome work). I then deicided I will download Mojo and then I will use your excelent instructions on how to install it (I am sure it will install as flawlessly as the last did).

Ther is one question I have. I have a major aversion to the green you use (lime or light or neon or whatever it is) and I would love to see it in blue or red instead. I am not asking you to recreate it all just for me but I have absolutely NO creation experience at all. Can you tell me what files I would have to modify and approximately where?

Pretty much everything in this theme screams as perfect to me except the green. If I could change it to a nice blue or red I would really enjoy it. Can you take a few minutes to let me know how to get this theme in a different color?

not having looked at specifically how this was created

in general to change the colors throughout the entire theme

there will be a lot of xml’s to edit

likely some images to change in photoshop, etc

and then also the thumbgen templates

so yeah, basically re-do everything

I had a theme for the older WD Live & Live plus that had 3 color schemes to choose from

and to do it, my scripts had to mount 180 different images individually all based on the color selected

and that was without any special text colors, 180 images just for the images that had color in them

text colors in the xml’s

movie sheet coloring would be handled by thumbgen templates

Ugh guess I am going to have to get alot deeper into how to theme than I was originally wanting to. Tinwarble would you mind me using your work to make one of a different color? Who knows if I learn enough about theming ripping this one apart then I may be able to start theming some different stuff as well.

I really would enjoy this in another color. I think I am going to take a few screenshots and play around with different colors to find my top 2 or three favorite. Blue and red were my first thoughts because of general color likes but after looking I am wondering if a nice orange or violet/purple type color might also work well.

I am already using thumbgen per your instructions to make stuff so changing the template there might not be much of an issue since you already taught me more than I had ever hoped to know about thumbgen and how it works.

Yeah, if you need to change things to suit your own tastes then your welcome to edit the theme.

As for changing the green to some other color, you should be able to enter “91eb00” in the search box and it will pull up all the xmls using green text, then just replace that with something like “ae0000” for red or “0090ff” which will be a neon blue.  For the images you’ll just have to seach the image folder for those.

I was wondering if I could get some help. I’m probably just missing a setting somewhere or am not setting up my folders correctly to work with the mojo theme. I’ve got the wdtv smp. I’ve got mojo loaded. I’ve went through the thumbgen guide and did the settings right tot he best of my knowledge. What I am missing is getting my wdtv to look like the second picture on Tinwarble original post. I get the pictures of all the movies but I don’t get the imdb info etc. If I go into the folders themselves all that information is present and looks right as created within thumbgen. I have set up my movies like: Folder D (for movies that start with D) Dark Knight (within the D folder) Dark Knight (movie file, .srt file & all the files created by thumbgen) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

First of all, let me say as well, fantastic job !!  I really like the layout and the extra effort you put in to making it look so professional.  The only question I have is the performance of scrolling / fast scrolling through the movies.  Maybe I did it to soon, but as soon as I used the Thumbgen to get all my stuff in order, according to your documents, I loaded everything up on my new WD Live Stream box, not the hub, and checked it all out.  Everything was as expected, but I tried to start scrolling to the right through the movies and I noticed it a little slow.  Was it still buildng something ??  Also, is there a preferred size on the artwork, fan art, etc… ??  I know some of them are pretty large, 1.6 meg, etc…

Also, can we delete all the hidden folders and files that the WD Live creates on the drive if your not using any of that meta-data within your template design ??  What can we delete, etc… ??

Everything was as expected, but I tried to start scrolling to the right through the movies and I noticed it a little slow.  Was it still buildng something ??

Try using the ‘skip’ button to the right and you will then scroll through by page rather than by each movie folder.

Which xml file is it that when you click on the options on the remote and the page opens to 

MOVE

COPY

UPLOAD TO FACEBOOK

MUTIPLE

DELETE

whicj is that xml file??

Hi Tinwarble. Thanks again for a great theme. Apologies if this has been asked before. When I process a folder everything gets created as it should, which is great. However, when I look at the folder on the SMP it alternates the moviesheet between the correct moviesheet(s) and the movie thumbnail.

For instance in this picture you posted on page 1. The thumbnail on the left of spidermans head is included as one of the moviesheets. So I could be reading summary of the movie on the moviesheet and it will disappear and be replaced by the thumnail. Then it goes to the next moviesheet and so on. Is this default action and is there a way to avoid it? The only way I have been able to do it is by disabling the “Extra Moviesheet” that creates it, but then the theme looks terrible.

Thanks

B

The answer is in the 1st post in green, right above the first pic.

SOLVED…see my next post.  It was a Thumbgen template issue.

Ok, I’m a complete noobie and have installed this great looking theme but I seem to have done something wrong and I’m hoping someone can help. 

I’ve followed the guide from what I thought was to a T and this is what I’m getting.
(If links don’t work, copy and paste in browser should.)

First it displays this…

Then it displays this…

But then this movie does this…

Then the same move does this…(which I’m assuming is correct)

I’m having a few issues but thought I would drop what appears to be the biggiest issue I’m having first.

Thank you

***UPDATE***

It appears that only some of the movies display like ScreenA above and some appear fine like ScreenB but I used the same templates and processed all movies with Thumbgen at the same time. I used the settings detailed in the tutorial.

1/25/13 UPDATE

This has been solved by continuing to read over many of the posts and threads.  I’ve managed to just bring all the movies through ThumbGen using as suggested, Create from MetaDate.  It appears that some may not have been using the correct template.  Not sure how it happened since I set it up just like the guide but oh well it worked.

Thanks and I’m going to leave my pictures up in case others are experiening the same issue.

SOLVED

Here is my other issue…

As you can see by the picture neither thumbnail is showing correctly.  When I was reading through this thread I saw that someone posted a similar question but I don’t recall it being answered and now I can’t find what page it was on.

Thanks again.

Doh! :slight_smile: Sorry, I missed that. Thanks Tinwarble.

After the recent firmware update my Movie Sheets wouldn’t display properly.  I had not updated my Movie Info export format to ‘Export using WDTV Live Hub Format (new fw)’.

I had been using an earlier form of the format which Showed “Date” rather than “First aired”.

Also the actors name appeared as <actor’s name>

I have therefore had to edit a heap of xml files to get them all to show properly which they now do.

It just goes to show that most likely the answers to anyone’s concerns are surely to be answered in the Thumbgen Tutorial Updated 6-26-12 available from  http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

@yzermann319,

First, your generating the wrong moviesheet, you have to use the moviesheet templates that I provided.

Second, your generating moviesheets for the thumbnail.  You should be generating the the coverbox template for your thumbnail.

If your not sure, re-read the guide that I have on the first post, you are missing steps.

@thomfoam,

“Export using WDTV Live Hub Format (new fw)” is only for TV Shows.

For movies you should be using “Export using WDTV Live Hub format”.

TV Shows and Movies use different xml formats for TV Shows and Movies.

Tinwarble wrote:

@thomfoam,

“Export using WDTV Live Hub Format (new fw)” is only for TV Shows.

For movies you should be using “Export using WDTV Live Hub format”.

TV Shows and Movies use different xml formats for TV Shows and Movies.

Yes mate, thanks for that.  I already have that setup for movies- “Export using WDTV Live Hub format”.  I was using that format for my TV shows as well.  It worked fine on 99% of my TV shows until this latest firmware update.

Now I have modified my TV template in my options to “Export using WDTV Live Hub Format (new fw)” and it works OK.

My right hand is sore from using the mouse after manually modifying around 400 .xml sheets on my TV collection.  I only had to add ‘first aired’ and do the Actors as a list.  Once I had modified the list of actors in the first of a TV series the rest was just copy/paste.  First aired meant adding and copy/pasting the date in the middle.  The date was already there as 2013-07-01 This format for the date is required so it appears on screen in the way we do our dates in Australia.

All working fine now.  I just wanted to point out to people that they really need to read the instructions you have provided carefully.  Most problems occur because the setup hasn’t been done as exactly as what is in the instructions.

So just to be clear so that I don’t loose my Mojo sheets…if I update my SMP to the latest 1.13.18 FW I’m still OK?

bluestang wrote:

So just to be clear so that I don’t loose my Mojo sheets…if I update my SMP to the latest 1.13.18 FW I’m still OK?

Yep mate no problems. You won’t lose your Mojo Sheets.

My problem was caused only for my TV Shows.  I was using the wrong template for creating TV Shows.  TV shows need to have the Export using WDTV Live Hub Format (new fw) template selected in ThumbGen’s Options, Input/Output naming.

However when you create movie sheets for Movies in ThumbGen’s Options, Input/Output naming you select Export using WDTV Live Hub format. 

Overall this means in ThumbGen you have two profiles ‘saved’, one for TV Shows, the other for Movies.