Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

Tinwarble wrote:

charger186 wrote:

Enjoy your 90"  HDTV :dizzy_face:

Tinwarble wrote:

Yeah, I wish.  Will probably just get coal this year, I’ve been a pretty bad boy.:smileyvery-happy:

With all the work you do on these themes when do have the time to be BAD :smiley:

charger186

It only takes about 15 min. to be bad.:laughing:

And apparently I can be bad without knowing that I’m being bad.

Hi,

As I have read so many times, I am a newbie working with Mojo.  I have read through the forums and searched before asking my questions since it will probably be something simple that I am going to slap my forehead for asking, but, since my hair is already grey, I dont need any more.    I have gone through the thumbgen tutorial line by line several times since this seems to be a continuing post so I wanted to make sure everything was set properly.

Question 1.

The glass movie sheets are not displaying as the background.  They are in the folders as I can go into each and see them.   They have been created with the 11-23-12 updates, the latest version of Thumbgen and I made sure that .jpg was set and not .png when setting up thumbgen.  Below are the files that are being created by thumbgen for the Bluray copy of the movie 2012:

filename.jpg

filename.xml

filename.m2ts.tgmd

filename_cover.jpg

filename_fanart.jpg

filename_sheet.jpg

filename_sheet2.jpg

One thing I have noticed is the " Filename.iso, mkv, mp4, avi (or what ever your movie extension is) "  is not being created (as  you can see), so I am not sure if that is an option error or not.      All my files are on NAS drives, by folder name, then subfolders for BDMV and Certificate followed by subfolders as they are all direct rips using DVDFAB.

This all maybe a setting(s) on the SMP box issue but   I have gone through and tried to set the box from what others have tried and also followed instructions as best I can find. 

Any help on this?

thanks

Check your “filename.xml”, you should see the line:

filename_sheet.jpg

If you don’t, then you don’t have TG setup correctly.

One thing I have noticed is the " Filename.iso, mkv, mp4, avi (or what ever your movie extension is) "  is not being created (as  you can see), so I am not sure if that is an option error or not.

I don’t know what you mean by this.  TG should not be creating any files (other than the .tgmd) file with the files extension.

Another thing is that I noticed is that the .tgmd file has the .m2ts extension in it.  I assume that this is because it’s for a BD movie.  I would suggest that if your set on keeping an uncompressed BD file (or SD DVD file), that you convert everything to ISO.

Thanks for responding so quickly,  I appreciate your willingness to take your time to help.   I think I see the problem,  when I looked at the .xml file for the movie 2012,   I see this:

G:\2012\2012_sheet.jpg

The NAS drive is mounted as G: drive on the PC running TG and I dont think the SMP cant  find the pathway for the G:  drive designator since it was created  over the network to the NAS drive and the PC that created the file had the NAS drive static IP assigned to drive letter  G:   (I hope this makes sense)

The " Filename.iso, mkv, mp4, avi (or what ever your movie extension is) "  is one of the files on the TG instructions marked in red that is supposed to be seen after the completion of the file generation.   (ie, example,  for the movie 2012, 

should I see a file “2012.m2ts”   if it is a BD with movie extensions .m2ts   as one of the 4 necessary files? 

The " Filename.iso, mkv, mp4, avi (or what ever your movie extension is) "  is one of the files on the TG instructions marked in red that is supposed to be seen after the completion of the file generation.   (ie, example,  for the movie 2012, 

should I see a file “2012.m2ts”   if it is a BD with movie extensions .m2ts   as one of the 4 necessary files? 

That’s your movie file, and has nothing to do with TG generating anything.  As I said, if you have .m2ts files, I would convert to ISO as you will have the same playback, but only have a single file rather that the BD folder structure.

Also, if you   is being generated that way, then you have the wrong settings (most likely) in the mainmovieshet Output.  It should be “$M$N”, if it’s generating in the xml the way you posted then you either have it set as “G:$M$N”, it should not generate with the drive letter.

I have checked the TG setup again, for the Main Movie Sheet field,  this is what I have:

$M$N_sheet   in the next drop down field, it has .jpg and in the third field, it has custom.  

At this point, I think I need to work on compressing the BD movies into .ISO format and then try again.  I am not sure why it is using the drive letter in the pathway in the .xml file.   I have 300+ movies to convert, so I will post again when I get that part completed.   Thanks again for your help. 

Well, just FYI, coverting to ISO isn’t compressing.  Basically it’s just putting your movie files in a zip with .iso extension.

Personally, I covert all my BD’s to mkv using Handbrake.  You get a much smaller file with pretty much the same quailty.

You can try this though, under Advanced Settings in Options, check “Use BluRay filter” and “Enable smart output for DVD/BluRay structures”.

If it’s already check, try it with them uncheck.

Thanks for the tip,  I will definetly use Handbreak.

Just an FYI,

When I went into advanced settings,  “Enable smart output for DVD/BluRay structures” was checked,  I unchecked it and tried running it.  TG crashed.

I then checked only “Use BluRay filter” and  TG crashed once again.

I then checked both  “Use BluRay filter” and “Enable smart output for DVD/BluRay structures” with the same result.

It only seems to run with  “Enable smart output for DVD/BluRay structures” only checked.

Thanks once again for your ideas.

Is it just what I am trying to use ThumbGen on, or has the change in the layout for  'Search" in iMDB made a difference to ThumbGen’s Search results?

Had some trouble today but eventually got movie sheets for a couple of UK TV Series latest episodes, The Fear S1E3 and The Hour S1E4.  I found it best to use the series iMDB number.

hi there,

i wanted to follow the tutorial really careful, but then there was a discrepancy…

on page 6 it sais: “In the dropbox under “Store cover/backdrops links into the movieinfo file” select “Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used”.”

but there is no dropbox as seen in the screenshots. i downloaded 1.3.0 and upgraded to 1.3.1.4

of course my moviesheets don’t show up - my xml lines seem to be messed. 

should i look for another (older) version of thumbgen? or did they just move the entry somewhere?

thx,

mooo

lordmotz wrote:

hi there,

i wanted to follow the tutorial really careful, but then there was a discrepancy…

on page 6 it sais: “In the dropbox under “Store cover/backdrops links into the movieinfo file” select “Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used”.”

but there is no dropbox as seen in the screenshots. i downloaded 1.3.0 and upgraded to 1.3.1.4

of course my moviesheets don’t show up - my xml lines seem to be messed. 

should i look for another (older) version of thumbgen? or did they just move the entry somewhere?

thx,

mooo

In ThumbGen 1.3.0.0 it is under Movie Info in Options.

Cheers

@lordmotz,

I don’t know what you are seeing, but that is in the same place is has been in all versions.

Pic from ver. 1.3.1.4

Same as shown on page 6.

Is it just me or has Thumbgen stopped working with thetvdb? When I select process a folder, in this case I was processing D:\TV\Entourage, it searches only for TV but not for Entourage. It worked fine previously. I am also updated to the latest version.

In the General settings, make sure that you have “Detect movie based on folder name” unticked.

Thanks but I had that unticked already. It worked fine before and works fine with movies ( or rather the movies db) but seems to fall over on the tv eps (using tvdb). Doesnt seem to detect the folder/files correctly.

The only way I can seem to get it working now it by prompting for a keyword and using semiautomatic processing which isnt too bad

One question, how do i force thumbgen to choose a screencap from the episode for the moviesheet rather than the poster type image? Thanks

Hi, firstly, thanks for creating this theme but im having 2 problems at the moment.

For films, ive got everything working fine but for TV Shows, im having trouble to get the background showing (text info and everything is correct).

I’m using the same setup as i do for films (except for tv collector) and it will work perfectly for films but refuses to show the background for tv shows and i cant find anything in the tutorial about changing the setup for tv shows?

My folder layout is f:/Films//(the films) for films and f:/Tv Shows///(TV Shows)

im also using the latest firmware.

My second problem is the folder view, at the moment in the genre’s, its picking the first film to show as the cover, i was wondering if its possible to edit the folders, so that i can select what to show rather than it just picking the first film.

<edit: found out it was a bug in the latest firmware regarding tv shows, rolled back and working fine now>

You can either have a folder.jpg in your folder in order to have a picture or you must name it to 1.metathumb in order to be the first one.

What version did you downgrade ThumbGen to? I had the same problem and I thought it was my mistake.

didnt downgrade thumbgen, downgraded the media box.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/3-08-14-TV-Shows-and-Custom-Backdrops/m-p/497558/highlight/true#M9900  ← the bug discussed in detail

Mine is missing too