Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

hello
i have a live hub and latest firmware 3.09.18
and after a week of study and reading i have just completed my first moviessheets using   
Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12) with teplates etc. and they have come out just fine.

i hope this is right place to post thisi had trouble understanding the folder setup and for the moment my first moviesheets are setup as follows:

MOVIE
-westerns

my question is can i add sub folders like below?

MOVIE COLLECTIONS or just MOVIES
-folder WESTERNS
-folder CLINT EASTWOOD WESTERNS
-folder JAMES BOND 50 years
-folder INNDIANA JONES collection
etc
etc

if one main folder with multiple sub folders like above is not possible could i do this

MOVIE COLLECTIONS-james bond
-folder JAMES BOND

MOVIE COLLECTIONS-terminator
-folder TERMINATOR
etc
etc

if any of the above is possible i would if possible to use some the genre icons or thumbs that i have seen i my wanderings.
i have been using WD for years from GEN1 and now using the HUB so why not mociesheets and everthing that goes with them.
 this is wonderful stuff i am 72 years old and am having the time of my lifemany thanks for all you assistance
lionelK

my apologies but i forgot to add this question.
when the mnoviesheets are completed and are in lets say  

folder    -MOVIES
sub folder-westerns

if i decided to rename the main folder or cut and paste the sub folder to a new directory would the moviesheets still play.

thank you

Tinwarble - I am getting into the thumbgen part of my movies and i am seeing this. When I looked at your main post.

To make the moviesheet semi-static.  On the HUB/SMP, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

I am having a problem with this when I followed your THumbgen setup guide to a T I am getting where when I first select the movie all is fine but then if I let it sit there long enough it goe to the background of the thumbnail and the sheet dissappears (almostl ike its slideshowing which lead me to the main post you had put up). it reminded me of the backdrops that WDTVlive auto downloads when you pick a movie and it slides through them all.

I wanted to propose a ocuple of things to people and see if you or others think this may be a better way to “fix” this than just enlongating a slideshow.

Okay I am using the movie 300 as an example. I name my movies like this - Moviename Releaseyear Resolution.mkv

So in the directory I have -

300 2006 1080p.mkv

After I run thumbgen and then it makes a

300 2006 1080p.xml - of course the xml information of the movie.

300 2006 1080p.jpg - thumbnail picture

300 2006 1080p_sheet.jpg - sheet picture

300 2006 1080p_cover.jpg - thumbnail picture

300 2006 1080p_fanart.jpg - background only no sheet picture.

and a bunch of other files because i chose to backup which I think I won’t be using so will be cleaning these out.

I am assuming some of this was for me setting it to make the save of the secondary data.

If I leave it on this movie on the SMP screen for a long time it wil start at 300 2006 1080p_sheet.jpg then change to the  300 2006 1080p.jpg so the sheet  disappears and goes back to the the thumbnail in the background.

I had a thought though. If I just got rid of everything and just did this - would it make it static 100%?

300 2006 1080p.metathumb -thumbnail pictures

300 2006 1080p.mkv

300 2006 1080p.xml

The other thought I had was maybe modifying the XML file? Is this whats causing the issue?

Atmosphere Entertainment MM
  <backdrop>300 2006 1080p_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>300 2006 1080p.jpg</backdrop>

300 2006 1080p.mkv

Could it be as simple as removing the non sheet  out of there? I am thinking thats a negativie becaus this is what is showing the thumbnail up on the screen.

So then this would mean my “fix” would be -

300 2006 1080p.metathumb -thumbnail pictures

300 2006 1080p.mkv

300 2006 1080p.xml

and modify tthe XML to

Atmosphere Entertainment MM
  <backdrop>300 2006 1080p_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>300 2006 1080p.metathumb</backdrop>

300 2006 1080p.mkv

Basically I am trying to come up with a way to keep the sheet there 100% of the time and never ever go to the movies small jpg that I am using only as an icon for hte selected movie file.

I know metathumbs work for folders do they work the same way for movies and would it skip the "slideshow by doing it?

I am currently using the latest  ThumbGen 1.3.2.0 

I have recently changed to using the Live Hub format (new fw) template.  Now the completed xml sheets for TV Shows don’t seem to have the cast, nor the Genre.  I find I am having to manually add them myself.

Is there a setting I have missed ?

I just tried the ThumbGen 1.3.0.0 and set the template back to “Live Hub format” and still found I did not get the cast nor the genre for TV Shows again.

I also have tried using the ‘default’ WDTV Live TV Shows profile and again no cast or genre.

The tv file I used in the experiment was the BBC Series Silent Witness, Series 13 Episode 10.

I do get the cast when I use the program The TVDB XML Fetcher for the WD TV LIve Hub.

I hope I can do two posts in a row!

It is reported by thumbgen in the ThumbGen Forum that the section in ThumbGen for collecting info from IMDB is ‘broken’.  A fix shouldn’t be too far away.

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7803&p=65425#p65425

If you are experiencing problems with ThumbGen and getting all the info for TV shows, there is now an update out there which fixes many of the problems.

On your current version of ThumbGen, click on the File Tab and then use the “check For Updates” to download ThumbGen 1.3.3.0

1.3.3.0 will be uploaded to the ThumbGen website in due course.

Probs have returned for ThumbGen and again it is not picking up all the info for TV Series.  The fix for ThumbGen 1.3.3.0 was shortlived.  However an update to ThumbGen 1.3.4.0 is available but only via “Update” at this stage

On your current version of ThumbGen, click on the File Tab and then use the “Check For Updates” to download ThumbGen 1.3.4.0

1.3.4.0 will be uploaded to the ThumbGen website in due course when all testing has been completed.

I have the wdtv live smp. Everything is working great only the cast is not showing up on any of the movie sheets. Can you please let me know what may be the issue.

Also when i scroll through the movies the display seems to have to refresh so the thumbnail keeps disappearing then reappears. Is there a setting to help display them oroperly.

Thank you,
Charles

In Thumbgen optons, make sure you’re using “Export using WDTV Live Hub format” and NOT “Export using WDTV Live Hub format (new fw)”, which is for TV shows only.

And no, not if you are accessing network shares.  The SMP does not cache thumbs(externally) for network shares, so the only way to keep this from happening is to connect a drive directly to the SMP.  For network shares the SMP only caches the thumbs internally, and the internal cache is limited.

^^ So, attaching a spare 4-8GB USB Flash drive to the SMP would helps this.

No, not unless your movies are on that drive.

If you’re asking if it will cache network share thumbs to an attached drive, no.  It only caches thumbs on an attached drive if the files exist on that drive.

Got it…thanks!

Thanks for the info. The cast now shows up like it is suppose to.

Another question if you don’t mind.

Every time i reboot my Smp it looses the network share and I have to reconnect it. Is this normal? Is there a fix, I do have the latest firmware.

Also I downloaded the Beta 4.2 theme is there a final release yet?

When I use this theme there is no info at all and stars in the middle of the screen. The thumbnai and backgroud show just not the movie info.

Thanks again,

Charles

Hi,

I’m new and I’m confused about use of themes on my WDTV Live SMP.

how it works on 1.14.09 fw?

@charles898,

You need to add your network shares to the media library, then select “My Media Library” as your content source.

And I don’t know what “Beta 4.2” you’re referring too?

@hatarez,

You question is too general.  I don’t know what you’re confused about.

This version works fine on 1.14.09 fw?

This post version released in 2012 who refer to old fw version and no info about the use on new fw.

Can you help me?

Yes, this will work on the latest FW.

Hi

Just a quick question about the theme, i’ve got it working on my smp wdtv live, but with just the normal background not the glossy/glass feel you have, last night i went through the complete movie folder erasing all data except for the mkv file, so now i have all movies without any info/metafile/jpeg, starting from scratch. when i load up thembgen i did the instructions you said to the letter i process that film and all the screens you say in the tutorial are there, but i am havin g trouble putting over the thumnail to the movie sheet and also the info will not go over either. If i preview i get the glass 2 background with desired backart and in spare i get the glassy looking dvd/blueray box, but the thumb or info will not up date, i looked back at the import export settings and they look fine also the pull down box stating store links to movies is also correct. Can anyone help? is it i am doing something wrong i feel im so close to it.

Hi Tinwarble,

I love your work and your tutorial is really easy to follow.

But i came across a problem.

I have a wd tv live and your theme is installed and i ran the thumbgen (followed the tutorial for this)

Now, when i want to look at my movies, the sheet is showing as the cover and i do not have any glossy backgrounds?

I already searched the forum here, but i cannot find any solution.

Can you help me?

Thx

Germ

Sounds like you are generating the cover and sheet backwards.  If the sheet is showing up as the cover, then it is named wrong.

Cover should be “your_movie_name.jpg” and the sheet should be generated as “your_movie_name_ sheet.jpg” and if you look in the xml (your_movie_name.xml) you should see "your_movie_name_ sheet.jpg, and if you have multiple 's the one with the _sheet name should be first.

Re-read the tutorial and make sure you have the sheet and cover being generated correctly.