Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

That’s a HUB FW. You are on the wrong forum.
Also Mojo will only fully work on 2.07 or lower for the HUB - that’s why your thumbnails are cropped.
I’d suggest downloading the HUB version of Mojo and doing a FW rollback.

1 Like

thanks Fennec,
I am sorry,I thought this was hub form
thanks for your help anyway.
will give my support

Hi, sorry for my slot, i am abit lose here about putting thumbnails in to the movie folder,

My SMP version 1.07.15

your infor are deeply appreciate

First, big kudos to Tinwarble for the theme. Great Effort!

I’ve just gone thru the install and setup process of the Mojo theme on my gen3 SMP - works first time.

I run FW 1.07.15 and I used the zipped Mojo theme file available from the first page of this post from gyro85.

Regarding the PNG/transparency issue.

I noticed that if I follow the Tinwarble’s Thumbgen guide and rename the png file to jpg the SMP ignores the renamed file and uses the X_cover.jpg file.(Maybe this is known already but I only noticed it because my X_cover.png image is different than the X.jpg)

[Edit :  My bad - transparency is indeed NOT working - ignore the following statements - see my follow up post further down]

If I don’t rename the file, keeping the png, the X.png file is used and the transparency renders correctly in the bottom “carousel” selector but NOT top left - that image is cropped and transparency is not working.  (I’m referring here to the view, example shown below - this is not a screenshot of the problem I describe, it is just to help understand what I mean by carousel and top left.)

So it seems that the SMP running FW 1.07.15 CAN handle transparency in PNGs - in some way.  Maybe there is a template tweak or an image rendereing directive that can then resolve this for the top left image and the cropping?  

Can anoyone help point me to the template xml files that render the carousel and the main view shown above, or have any other ideas?

Cheers.

The "Top Left" Picture is displayed using the variable @@poster in Tinwarbles Theme.

eg. in the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

<image image="@@poster" x="54" y="126" w="192" h="365" align="top" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100" />

but if you are saying the Thumbnails at the Bottom of the Screen are Displaying Correctly... they are using the code..

eg, <image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail"

So .... the @@poster code can be replaced with a "Focused" Thumbnail code...

You can replace this....

<image image="@@poster" x="54" y="126" w="192" h="365" align="top" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100" />

with this.... (which is code for 'Focused' Thumbnails... but will act as a Single 'Poster')

<wrapper x="54" y="126" w="192" h="365" align="top" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio"><image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0" /><image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1" /> <image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2" /> <image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3" />
<image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4" /><image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5" /><image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6" />
</wrapper>

Too Much Info ?? ...

Try this download... (overwrite the original xml in the theme)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xpwhkagzevlgjp3

1 Like

Thanks JoeySmyth, I see what you’re trying to do but it doesn’t work - with me anyway… and now I know why, my BAD

[sigh]

The transparency is indeed NOT working - also not in the carousel. Due to the cropping and dark background I didn’t see it clearly until I got close up to the screen and looked at the extreme left and right images that show the reflection. The central image is cropped (not showing the reflected part) so I didn’t see the transparency not working there. 

The top left image is cropped - if I change the width and height to match the size attributes of the extreme left image then it shows the whole image - with reflection now - but you can clearly see that transparency is not working.

So to conclude - transparency is not working allogether and the cropping is due to the image size attributes.

Apologies for any confusion - but I’ve learnt alot about how this all hangs together !

First of all, awesome theme!  Using a new SMP gen3, installed the theme fine.  Followed instructions for using thumbgen and was able to get the moviesheets generated and showing correctly.  I cannot get any thumbnail images to show correctly.  I have deleted the .wd_tv folders, reset the device numerous times, renamed the covers from .png to .jpg, and they just will not show up.  I get nothing on the left hand side of the info, and the generic movie reel along the bottom.  The moviesheets and data show correctly, so I know it is seeing ‘some’ of the info.  Any suggestions in addition to what I mentioned above?

jtrain 77, I cannot get any thumbnail images to show correctly.

I get the thumbnails to show OK but it can be a problem.  I create a separate folder for each movie/TV Episode.  I find a copy of the DVD folder and save it.  I resize the DVD folder to a 120x180 jpg file.  I name the resized folder folder.jpg.  I make another 120x180 jpg and give it the exact name as the movie/TV Episode file.

So for a movie such a Contraband I have three files in the folder,

Contraband.avi

folder.jpg

Contraband.jpg

Then I use ThumGen and create the other sheets for my Movie Sheets. 

I have skipped a step from the ThumbGen Tutorial and don’t create the .png file.

When finished after running ThumbGen I would have the following 7 files in my Contraband Folder:

Contraband.avi, folder.jpg, Contraband.jpg, Contraband.avi.tgmd, Contraband.avi_sheet.jpg, Contraband.xml, Contraband_cover.jpg

Sometimes I finish up with several ‘covers’ in the bottom left hand corner of the on screen movie sheet.

Then I go into Setup, System, Media Library, Clear Media Library.  After a few minutes the Media Library has been reset and everything shows OK on the screen.

This works for me.

Thanks thomfan.  I did have some folder.jpg files sitting in the folders from before.  I’m coming from a HTPC setup using Media Browser, so I have folder.jpgs in all my movie folders already. 

I don’t know, it’s like the SMP doesn’t want to get any thumbnail info from my source.  The one thing I did notice you mention is the size of the jpgs you were creating. I wonder if that could be a cause?

jjtrain, I am using Mojo_Glass_Sheet as my template, you are using a different template to me.  Try selecting this template rather than the one you have.

The 3 x movie reels possibly mean you need to do a rescan of your drive.  Turn the unit fully off, to be sure remove the power lead.  Plug it all back in again and it should do a rescan of your media library.  That may get rid of your three movie reels.

I am using the Updated 11-09-11 Mojo Theme. Thank you for your hard work and letting all of us enjoy it.  Every thing is working as it should except the left upper thumb-cover.  The bottom portion does not show as shown in an earlier post.  I have tried several times to edit the xml, but that of course did not work because I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING!    It looks like a simple sizing problem, but than again WHAT DO I KNOW!  Would like to learn how this xml thing works?  Any where to get a handle on it?  So, can this be fixed and if how.  Thank You!

charger186

Hello.

I recently got my WD TV live SMP, and I found Movie Sheets as a great idea and feature. I have almost everything running. 

I am experiencing 2 issues though.:

First, like some others as I understand. - Transparency of the thumbnail picture, I don’t know is there is a solution. 

Second, and this I have not seen mentioned. Movie info is shown correctly, but my TV shows do not display airdate and actors. I looked at the XML file for a movie and for a TV show, they are identical, settings vise. 

Running latest mojo from this topic, latest thumbgen, firmware 1.06.04. 

I suspect it to be my Thumbgen settings?

Hi Guys, So im a complete newbie and jsut wanted to ask, So by getting this theme, movie sheets will work on the WDTV live streaming media player? As I’ve read on other forums that this particular model is encoded so will never be able to install custom firmware. Does this theme bypass that and allow you to have full on Movie Sheets like you would get by using a custom firmware on an earlier model?

If this is the case… could someone please point me in the direction of some kind of walkthrough on how to set up my Live streaming media player so i can view the movie sheets?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Everything you need to know is in the 1st post on page 1…

Custom fw does not work on the WDTV Live SMP.

EMPR88, regarding getting your TV Show info onto your movie sheets.  I use ThumbGen and Mojo Theme.

Often (85% of the time) I have to manually edit the xml sheet to show all the info as you suggested for individual episodes.  You will need a quick xml editor program.  I use EmEditor.

You need to copy/paste the xml sheet information created by ThumbGen from ‘Original Title’ into ‘Title’, you need to copy paste the text in ‘Plot’ into ‘Overview’ and you may need to add genre eg Historical Drama  I always add Genre when ThunbGen has found the info and before I set the cover and background.  For a big series I always find a DVD Cover and a Background first and use these the whole series I am doing.  It saves heaps of time.  Do a search eg The Borgias Fanart in Google.

I am in Australia so date goes in like 2011-10-04  This shows on my screen as 4/10/2011 (Nov 4th).

I recently created 69 movie sheets for the TV Series “The Unit” and I had to manually edit each xml sheet as above.  Yesterday I did 8 movie sheets for Series 1 of ‘The Borgias’ and only had to modify the date.  I don’t know why it works so well for some episodes and not so well for others.  I suspect it is something to do with IMDB.

Get back to me if you need more help.

OK, I must be doing something wrong here. I can get almost everything working except the spare sheet. When I generate the spare sheet for some reason it goes to the root folder (in my case it’s movies) rather than to the folder containing the actual movie file. Everything else goes into the proper folder, the XML, _sheet, tgmd, and the cover, but not the .png spare. I know I have to rename the .png’s to jpg and have done so but it still does not show up on the WDTV. I’ve tried restarting the device and unplugging it and still got no positive results.

My “media” drives are shared out from my PC with Everyone having full control. I’m running a WDTV streaming media player (gen 3) with the latest firmware and Thumbgen 1.2.10.0. The appropriate template folders are in the the template folder of Thumgen. I double checked my setup of the options in Thumbgen and cannot see anything amiss.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I may be missing or doing wrong?

Thanks

Love this theme. It work sbetter then the DarkLight theme; which is awqesome too. Thanks

@Ajcrash,

You need to make sure that in the Options menu for the output name on the spare sheet you use “$M$N”, and make sure that nothing else that gets generated that will confict with this.  This generates the coverbox as “filename.jpg” and puts it in the correct folder, but if something else is getting generated with the same name/extension, then it will not work correctly.  Also, for the SMP you need to generate as a .jpg not .png (so change the output extension to .jpg).  This is because the .png to .jpg extension change trick doesn’t work with the SMP.

I would also suggest using this coverbox template:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nk1wathq64pp6ng

instead of the coverboxes linked on the first post, as I will be making changes soon to Mojo so that the coverboxes with reflections work better and look more natural.

Just remember to generate the spare sheet (coverboxes) as a .jpg not .png and ignore the extention changing trick.

1 Like

^^ Thanks, I knew it had to be some little thing I overlooked. It also appears that it doesn’t matter if the image is .png or .jpg. I did change it in the options, but a couple of the backgrounds I selected still came out as .png. I double checked (before I got to deep in doing this again) on the TV and they showed up fine.

Actually, .pngs don’t work as well, and there are issues.

As I said, I recommend using .jpgs not .pngs (for one thing the SMP will not display true pngs anyway), also as I said I recommend that you use the coverbox templates I posted above.

When I make changes and update the next version of Mojo you will need these instead to the other coverbox templates for to look like I have designed it to look.