Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

I am currently using Mojo for the SMP. I am really love this theme. Still I’ve got question… I have an old WD TV Live for which I made a kinds of moviesheets. Is it possible to delete/hide the XML information and headings in the video gallery view. If so, I can use my old sheets I made for the WD TV LIVE. Thanks in advance.  

Hi, That what I have done. this link may help

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Default-Theme-Files/td-p/321917

Basically by removing all the txt info fields and large icon top right hand side

You are just left with the movie icons at the bottom. Edit the xml file to show your moviesheet locally, or replace your moviesheet for backdrop1 in the cache folder for the movie. Then set the photo slide show timer for longer time than the default.

I’ve tried to alter Mojo for the SMP. My system directly crashed. I am really a NOOB at this. Is it possible that i can download your ZIP file from anywhere? Otherwise is it possible to sent me an email with your zip file?

I wanted to post again and see if anyone has the thumbnails working with an NFS share? It works perfectly using a Samba share but doesn’t when connecting via NFS. I am using the latest firmware and the Mojo theme. Both shares are pointing to the same folder.

Hi,

I’ve been using Mojo now for a few weeks and really like it but is there is a small thing I was wondering if I could get around. 

When I’m looking at TV Shows and using the view where you get two rows of the shows (not sure what view that is) but when I enter a show directory I see all the icons for the shows but there really isn’t any way to tell what episode number is what. I’ve taken to manually editing files to get it to show in the title but really I was wondering if there was a way to overlay a graphic of a number on the image so you can look quickly to see what episode number is what. I’m not sure if this is even possible and it also seems like the order is newest to the left and oldest to the right so if I’m watching in order and I have several episodes to catch up on I have to scroll all the way to the right to find the earliest episode. Is there a way to change that ordering? 

Thanks for the great theme!

In the xml file for each episode you can edit  the title i.e Band of Brothers : Episode 1, …:Episode 2, etc and they will appear in order. You can also put an episode number on each metathumb file icon if you wish.

Cheers

Yeah I’ve been manually editing the episode numbers into the title but i’m trying to Automate as much of this as possible also with it only being in the title it only shows up once you select that show. I’d like a quicker visual representation of the episode number.  I will need to look at some other options.

Thanks

You can use these cover boxes for your TV shows:

Download from HERE.

1 Like

Tinwarble,

Thanks for these. I just went ahead and wrote a Java program taht looks at the SXXEYY part of the filename and puts the _cover.jpg file as the background and then I created a 01.png, 02.png, etc and it overlays the png on the jpg and names thatas the filename.jpg file in the directory to achieve what I wanted. That way I don’t have to change coverboxes each time when using Thumbgen but the program automatically does the right episode number for me.

Tinwarble - awsome product sir, considering that i am only running smp or a few of them powered by WHS this thread is definitly educational. The only problem that i have run in is the way the movie sheet is displayed. As mentioned before on the smp it updates multiple times during viewing at irregular intervals and for the seconday pic it throws up the thumbnail (the spare generated pic) thus making the text sometimes unreadible (some thumbs are bright). I did by mistake use the thumbgen’s default folder creation option under input/output settings and though the backround switched it stayed with one image - tollerable - although i did lose the mirror effect and my thumbs became square cornered. As for the player I am guessing that it stores the thumbs in its own memory along with the meta location pointer thus all you have to do is hard power off for about 15 sec and it defaults to no thumbs with a message to set meta source (running gen3 model that is). To clarify thumbs can not be displayed in or on the cover (dvd/bray) using he smp? - i did notice that you can with your examples on the hub??. Thanx for all your effort and energy in advance, this interface has definitly made my day.

Well to keep the moviesheets from changing:

To make the moviesheet semi-static.  On the HUB/SMP, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

As for the thumbnails, this is an issue with the firmware, it’s the same for the latest release on the HUB (that’s why I’m still running a previous FW version on it).  The use of true pngs is something we’re (the themers and most users) waiting on WD to fix.  Hopefully a fix will come soon so that my coverbox templates can be used correclty to display thumbs.

messing a little bit with it - for those of you that wish to have the smp display a dual full screen backround that you chose rather than a thumb and a backround - try this

change the opt of thumbgens input/output setting as follows

thumbnail  -  $M$N

spare movie sheet  -  $M$N$E    -    JPG

moviesheets option

set the spare template source same as main sheet

rest of the settings as per guide

when you generate make sure to SET your SPARE SHEET TEMPLATE to the same as the main sheet one - or do it in the options of thumbgen. If you miss that then you will get a messy sheet display.

this should yeld you the result that you might be looking for (dual large backround setting of your choice) although you will lose the MIRROR EFFECT and get a square thumnail display.

One more thing as mentioned by the contributor - in players options under picture viewing set the slideshow interval to at least 10 sec or whatever you prefer.

outstanding - thank you for the fast reply, i will play with the players slideshow settings. 

Hello,

I have recently bought WDTV SMP and am considering installing the Mojo user theme.

Just a question (I’m sorry if this has been asked before but I have not been able to find the answer):

- I have the following folder structure (for movies on a NAS): ACTION/  MOVIE A/ moviea.mkv

Do the mojo theme files (moviesheet,  xml, etc) need to be on the same folder? Or can I have a folder somewhere in the NAS with all the movisheets, xml, etc?

Thank you!

And thanks for the excelent work. :) 

Hi TW,
I bought my wd hub last week,your work on mojo theme looks great,I decided to install to my hub,so can you advice me which FW and which Mojo will be best to install,also what version thumbgen should I use,please.Thanks.
tucker449

Installed it on my WD live streaming.  Works great after I figure out I needed to push the yellow button to change my views.  Another trick to help newbies.   Make sure you down load the content/metadata for the videos or it will just display the default icon.  To do add metadata, highlight a movie, and push option on the remote.  Click “download content”.

I know your post is old. but THANK YOU for posting the file, gyro85 (since I couldn’t quote it, it’s on page one of this thread).  I was able to finally install Mojo because of it.  :)

Anyone else who gets the “Attached file size over the limit, Please try again.” message when trying to install the “regular” Mojo should try this file.  It worked for me on the latest firmware too.  

Of course most importantly, biggest thanks goes to  Tinwarble for his great theme! :slight_smile:

cosmo115,

First, your welcome.  Second, you can quote someone else, just make sure you click under the “Reply” under their post not the last post and you’ll be able to quote them.

1 Like

Tinwarble:  When playing music, the ‘view info’ screen shows some overlap of text; the date of album is covered by information about the artist.  My apologies if you already posted on this, I am a newbie.

can anyone help please,I use fw 3.01.19 and installed mojo,all good except thumbnails cropped, what can I do ?
thanks