Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

jstreit wrote:

Thanks again, LB, for the great work.  I’ll pass on an idiosyncracy I’ve encountered with the V4 Beta 2 profiles.  Since no one else has reported this, I doubt this is actually a bug, but perhaps something specific to my setup.  Whenever I load any of the Kudos V4 profiles in Thumbgen, Thumbgen immediately freezes and I in fact have to go to task manager in Windows 7 to close the program.  This does not happen with any of the other profiles, including Kudos V1.0, which I am continuing to use in the absence of V4 Beta 2.  If you have any thoughts on why this might be, I’d be most appreciative.

Great work LB, I have same problem with Thumbgen, it always freeze when i change template and click on  process files/folders, but just with kudos v4…I want to change my current theme because it`s outdated with new firmware for smp and this theme is excellent… Any ideas?

Thanks,

Actually, the problem I have is with the V4 profile, not the templates.  When I select any of the V4 profiles and then click on “Process files/folders” Thumbgen freezes.  Right now I’m using your Kudos V1.0 profile, then going to Process files/folders, and then when I get to the point of choosing images (I use “Manual” instead of “I’m Feeling Lucky Mode”), I’m able to select a V4 template from the drop-down list.  So chances are my end result is the same, or maybe almost the same, as if I had been able to start with the V4 profile, instead of the V1.0 profile.  But I just thought I’d pass it along to you anyway.

Amazing Theme  Lesterbangs , and a big thanks for all your hard work on this.

I’m very new to this as I only just got the WD SMP a couple of weeks ago, so still playing with ThumbGen and going through these forums for hints and tips.

I love this Theme, but would like to change the Video (Thor Box and Disc (main_videos_icon_n.png) background to something more generic, as I don’t have Thor in my Video collection :smiley:

Please could you post the PSD template for the background files.

Many thanks again.

G

Try this…  http://db.tt/0z95poNY (check the name before coping in to \Images directory in original ZIP File)

main_videos_icon_n_.png 

or this…  http://db.tt/MuhLiMcV   (All Titanic pics…)

main_videos_icon_n.png

Cheers LB

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Lesterbangs.

That’s great, would be good to add some of my own screenshots. Just noticed that your original text is blue and I’m sure the background is different or is this a change for another update?

Any chance in getting the original Photoshop file uploaded…Please.:wink:

I was thinking of creating a Popcorn and Clapper Board pic or Hollywood sign with Spotlights.

Many thanks again

G

Love the look of the theme and its polish but dont use it due to its lack of rss and live tv.

Since i use them its a biggy for me.

Beautiful theme. Any way of replacing the pictures with other ones? How would I modify the code?

Have a look in the ZIP file under \IMAGES. You can see all the *.png and *.jpg files and change anyone you want…

ZIP up the file again and download to your SMP/HUB

Cheers LB

jstreit wrote:

Actually, the problem I have is with the V4 profile, not the templates.  When I select any of the V4 profiles and then click on “Process files/folders” Thumbgen freezes.

I have the same problem. I really like this theme but right now I can’t generate the sheets using the V4 profiles as ThumbGen hangs when I click Process files/folders.  Any idea how to fix it?  Thanks!

Not sure if its the same thing that happened to me to start with, but when selecting what folders to process, the folder window would minimize by default. Clicking on the window on the task bar didnt work either, but by right-clicking it and selecting restore or Maximize it all came back to life again. Hope this helps

PhoenixG wrote:

Not sure if its the same thing that happened to me to start with, but when selecting what folders to process, the folder window would minimize by default. Clicking on the window on the task bar didnt work either, but by right-clicking it and selecting restore or Maximize it all came back to life again. Hope this helps

Haha, that was it! It’s working now, thanks!

Good stuff :wink:

Love the theme, and want to use it on my SMP (delivered by NewEgg just this past Wednesday afternoon!) …

I’ve downloaded all of the attached files, installed the theme on my SMP, and am currently working on generating the various thumbnails, moviesheets, etc…   and here is where I have a few questions/requests:

1.  a month or so ago, on this thread, you indicated you were working on a new PDF walk-through document and that it might be finished “in a week or two” …   any update on that?   :wink:

2.  I (thankfully!!!) don’t have a single Windows{tm} computer in my household, so there’ll be no ThumbGen operating here (and, thus, I cannot really use your included profiles to get everything set up ‘just right’ for generating these images).  I have however located, downloaded and installed a program called “sheetmaker” (for Linux) that accomplishes the same goal(s)…  I am currently “experimenting” with it to get all the proper settings to mimic your ThumbGen profile prior to generating the graphics…  it would help if your PDF “walk-through” document (see #1, above) included a short “blurb” about each of the settings (what, why, how, etc), specifically regarding which template is used for which purpose, etc.    …or, maybe I can glean those hints from the ThumbGen screenshots you’ll have in your walk-through document.    In any case,  there’s more than one template in use during any given graphics generation run, and it’s not quite clear (to me, at least… yet!) which one should be selected for which thing…

3.  I’ve seen a few requests for the “template” graphic (photoshop PSD or whatever) you use in creating the Genre folder.jpg files – as this would be immensely helpful in my working to get my SMP looking good, I’ll re-re-re-echo the plaintive request for this graphic, so that we can create our own Genre folder graphics as needed.    I guess, now that I think about it, we’d need the ‘shell’ PSD document, and at least a pointer to the TTF file for the font.   Pretty Please??   :)    …with sugar-coated Movie Previews on top??   :wink:

And again, great work on the whole theme – very sleek and modern-looking, and certainly an improvement (in my eyes) over the stock UI built into the SMP.    Please keep up the great work!!   Kudos, indeed, to you sir.    :slight_smile:

- Brian

Hi Brian

I have uploaded the PSD template a few posts back

… Here are some updated V4 Templates. Please try these. They have slightly different code.  http://db.tt/0K8pRhXQ   (Also you will find what you are looking for : PSD file)

The PDF Walkthrough still needs to be updated. I continually change the theme around at home, trying different things. Some work and I keep, other are a disaster. I have been looking the code by DeVicious V1.9 (sorry, before anyone asks I will not re-post her theme out of respect for her wishes) and are incorporating some of her brilliant work into KUDO’s. Remember this theme would not exist without her hard work (and the other theme’s Twinwarble, Lstar, Mr Surreal etc).

I promise the next release will include a walk through. I still have a bit of work to do with Templates and some graphics. The TV Series THUMBGEN templates that DeVicious developed I am currently modding to suit the theme and will run them by her first and if she approves, I will incorporated into the next release (with said guide).

Here are some changes… 

Dear John.jpg    Alien 3.jpg  folder.jpg  American.Horror.Story.S01E09.Spooky Little Girl.jpg

Cheers LB

Love it looks great but that lack of rss just kills me…lol the pain the pain.

RSS- I’ll look into some themes that included it and try and megre code. Should not be too hard to add in… I just got the LiveTV working (but not sure if I’ll include it in the next build)… Someone asked for it a few weeks ago.

Cheers LB

Cool looks sweet otherwise.

Lesterbangs wrote:

Hi Brian

I have uploaded the PSD template a few posts back

… Here are some updated V4 Templates. Please try these. They have slightly different code.  http://db.tt/0K8pRhXQ   (Also you will find what you are looking for : PSD file)

The PDF Walkthrough still needs to be updated. I continually change the theme around at home, trying different things. Some work and I keep, other are a disaster. I have been looking the code by DeVicious V1.9 (sorry, before anyone asks I will not re-post her theme out of respect for her wishes) and are incorporating some of her brilliant work into KUDO’s. Remember this theme would not exist without her hard work (and the other theme’s Twinwarble, Lstar, Mr Surreal etc).

I promise the next release will include a walk through. I still have a bit of work to do with Templates and some graphics. The TV Series THUMBGEN templates that DeVicious developed I am currently modding to suit the theme and will run them by her first and if she approves, I will incorporated into the next release (with said guide).

Here are some changes… 

Dear John.jpg    Alien 3.jpg  folder.jpg  American.Horror.Story.S01E09.Spooky Little Girl.jpg

Cheers LB

I really like this theme!  I was actually looking at seeing if I could figure out how to generate TV series and season thumbs as that was the only thing I was missing (I only use it for TV and Movies) so to hear that you’re already working on them is great news!  Any idea when you might have them ready?

In regards to the theme in general, the only suggestions I’d make are more style things.  I am not a fan of all the glossy reflection accents, I find they make stuff more difficult to see.  I also would prefer the background behind the synopsis text to be darker or more opaque so the text is easier to read.  Other than that, I really love it!  Thanks for your work!

Hi guy’s… First Post

This is bloody marvellous work I must say…

I would however like to join in on making such Themes and would ask if there is indeed a walk through for such a task ? Also as mentioned in here a walkthrough of how to install this superb Template !

I’d have thought a way of showing WD who is the boss is for Theme’ers to produce the goods that show them up in that department, and show what their product should look like ?

WorWilly.

LB - love the theme - thanks so much for all your effort! Just upgraded both my old WD TV Live HD’s to the new SMP and loving the diff - your theme just makes it SO much better.

Quick q if I may. All’s displaying fine, moviesheets are coming up, no probs with Thumbgen, etc. (Been doing this for a while. :-)) Only one thing … the thumbnails along the bottom of the screen are actually being displayed at the top left of the screen too in slightly larger format and are overlaying the moviesheets themselves. Can I turn this off?

Thanks once more and in advance for the answer to this!

Rgs, Dave.