Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Hi Dave

That is a deliberate feature. It helps with a larger viewing the Movie Genre folders and it overlays the thumbnail on the Moviesheet, which cannot be turned off (The same XML code is called for in Gallery Folder View and Gallery Moviesheet view.

You can delete the line in the XML code, but you will loose it in the Movie Genre folders view. I debated killing it at one stage, but it runs heaps faster than the Moviesheet background, so I can look at a larger thumbnail before the actual moviesheet is loaded…

If you want it removed, I’ll post a fix when I get home…

Cheers LB

LB - wow - your ‘technical support’ leaves WD’s for dead! :slight_smile:

Once more - thanks - and yes, I’d love that removed please.

Because the SMP doesn’t support moviesheets at folder level (season and series for TV), I’ve actually created a new template in Thumbgen designer that has both series (overview) and season (episode list) info on the one sheet along with a bit of cover art. These are matched (_sheet and xml) to a short file I’ve placed in each season folder as the first listed (prefixed 000-) so that when I select a folder - say, Red Dwarf, Season 1 - I get the series/season detail for that series/season displayed as the moviesheet and if I actually select that file it plays the associated vid, which is the series/season synopsis/promo video for that particularly show/season from youtube via keepvid. Works well, looks good and speeds navigation as I don’t have to wait for moviesheets to load (8Tb NAS via NFS on a wired 1Gb connection - you’d think response wouldn’t be an issue, wouldn’t ya?? Sigh) as I navigate to the folders themselves - which is along the lines of what you’ve mentioned re speed anyway.

Happy to upload a copy of that if you’re interested/if you want a look?

Thus, I don’t require the larger thumbnail view in movie genre!

Again - thanks. Look forward to the update!

Rgs, Dave.

PS: Can’t see one but do you have a ‘donations’ link anywhere? Happy to contribute to your excellent efforts here!

Hi Dave

Go to rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and remove the following line

<image image=“@@poster” x=“20” y=“20” w=“227” h=“340” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100”/>

Its right down at the bottom of the file.

I would be very interested in the Series/season details if you would upload it.

No need for a “donations” link, movies/networking/computers are a hobbie, so THEMEing is an extention of my hobbie. If you feel the need to donate, do so to DeVicious and/or Tinwarble as it’s their hard work I work on to understand how it all works. They are also fantasic in supporting themers such as myself and other…

Cheers LB

1 Like

Ahh … Brilliant. Just took a quick look - easy as. Will have a play with it over the weekend & upload that template then as well.

Looks like I could just replace that line with something to display the moviesheet itself instead, yes? Can you tell me where to find a line to copy and paste (if it’s that easy?) to get a moviesheet up for folders there instead of the thumbnail?

Thanks!

Rgs, Dave.

I have noticed that when using the theme to display info, some of my movies are tagged with the wrong resolution. For instance, some of my 1080p and 720p HD movies are still tagged as SD or a lower resolution when moviesheets are created in Thumbgen.

Would this be some type of setting/scraping issue in ThumbGen or is it specific to the theme itself. It’s not so much of a big deal but I figure if one is going to use such a feature as displaying moviesheets then the info shown should be correct.

Any insight as to how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lesterbangs,

thank you for this great theme.

I have a small problem and I need your help.  On my picture you can see  my problem. All of my moviesheets have a full imdb-bar(max rating 10). The rating-number is ok, but how can I fix the full bar?

Thank you.

http://www.abload.de/img/wrath.of.the.titans.mcwlcv.jpg

Hi Hampone

It should have nothing to do with the Theme.

Try this

Delete the *.jpg, *.xml and *_sheet.jpg (i.e… Leave the Video file *.avi, *.mt2s, *.mkv etc) of the file showing the wrong res.

Open THUMBGEN and that  select one of the Movies that selects the wrong resolution

Thumbgen should show you info regarding the file on the RHS pane AND tell you the Res up top (see image)

Check what THUMBGEN see it as. Generate the *.jpg and *.xml files and then OPEN the *.xml file and see what is written in there…

Cheers LB

Hi Wiesel

I have the same movie and get 5.9.

Have a look at the  Wrath of the Titans.xml and it should have a line in iot

PG-13
<imdb_id>tt1646987</imdb_id>

It might be thumbgen configuration setting, if you dont have the same info in the line of the XML

Cheers LB

Hi Lesterbangs,

I have the same rating  and the XML is right. But the ranking-display(ranking-bar) doesnt work right. Every moviesheet has a full loaded imdb-display. I hope you can understand me, my english is not so good.

Look at your screen

http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot_000x8jfk.jpg

and now check my screen  (the display marked in red)

http://www.abload.de/img/wrath.of.the.titans.mcwlcv.jpg

How can i fix this?

Hi Lesterbangs, I love this theme, but I’ve been working on a more generic Video Menu, still need to tweak a little. I hope you don’t mind sharing it with others that enjoy your theme, as would like some feedback.

Also, is there any chance of you uploading the PSD file that you credated the original Menus, as I’ve manually adjust and the text to overlay yours?

Many thanks

G

That’s nice PhoenixG.  I would love to have generic pictures for both the video and photo sections.  If you could figure out how to do that, or if you can create 2 new sheets for those area’s, I would use them as well.

Also, keep up the good work LB!  Kudo’s looks great!

nice theme,

sorry to see that many themer’s are not happy with WD, but then theming has always been a homebrew effort

anyways, like the theme

my I request that you add the folder / file name in gallery view

only bug I’ve found so far, If you are on a file and moviesheet pulls up

arrow over to a folder and the moviesheet does not clear

so you end up with an incorrect moviesheet being displayed for a folder,

which your theme, doesn’t actually show the folder name

also I’ve noticed when using the left direction arrow to brows folders / files

it’s the thumbnails that move instead of the selection icon

it only does this when it is not displaying the first entry in the gallary

anyways that’s all I’ve found so far

Great Work here …again !

One question though.

Once you have generated your movies thus Movie Sheet. Where does the new movie sheet go ? Is it automatically stored on the hard drive where all the movies and TV shows are, or ,do you somehow transfer them to the WD Box ?

One further point too, could all this somehow be automated in an easy installer package ?

Meaning … The theme and empty containers be up loaded to the box and through code, each of your movies and TV shows be automatically added to the theme ?

I only say this as I’m new to all this and was playing around with my new box and found you can “Get the info” of your movies yourself through the menu system. Although I don’t know which service it uses, it found all but 1 item on my hard drive. That was the TV series Revenge season 2, that’s not released over here (UK) yet so that explains that. The point being is, if you can do it manually, can it not be implemented through code in the theme, or asking WD to provide a way through Firmware to automate this process ?

The work being done is fantastic for Themes, but if you add more movies or TV shows, you have to make new movie sheets to show them in the Theme, automation would do this for you ?

Thanks for reading, although I’m sure it’s been asked in the past… My Son loves the Theme and would like a Avengers Theme that’s the same as this theme, how would I go about making this Kudo Them to reflect that, or Could a add in be made ?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work …

Hi Wiesel

I understand you well. I’m a user of THUMBGEN and it works great, but it is very configurable. I sometimes get lost in the settings. Elsewise sometimes regional Windows settings upset the XML (i.e Date code etc).

The only thing I can add is to delete thumbgen, reinstall it and the Profiles and Templates in the original posts. I have made well over 600 Moviesheets and I have never see the issue you have. If the XML is correct e.g etc then you will need to relod the template and Profiles and start again.

I hope to create a THUMBGEN Bundle next time to make the installation easier…

cheers LB (Let me know how you went)

Hey PhoenixG - Looks sweet. the video png file.

Like all other themers I wont give out the *.psd. When I started I asked the same and got the “I am sorry”. It made me learn Photoshop and I guess its just art.

I would however be happy to make a Video and Photo png for you if you send me the png files and an idea of how you want it layed out. Just use the Message service and we’ll talk offline.

Cheers LB

1 Like

THX KAD79 - Ill look into it. I really only use the Gallery View and Music so I tend not to find the bugs easily. I have made a lot of changes to the code, but will look into this issue.

Once agaon thanks for your feedback

Cheers LB

Hi Worwilly

//Once you have generated your movies thus Movie Sheet. Where does the new movie sheet go ? Is it automatically stored on the hard drive where all the movies and TV shows are, or ,do you somehow transfer them to the WD Box ?

THUMBGEN runs on Windows and generated three files per movie e.g. 

based on a Movie with a file name  Red Riding Hood.m2ts

Red Riding Hood.jpg - Thumbnail

Red Riding Hood.m2ts _sheet.jpg - Moviesheet

Red Riding Hood.xml - XML Code for the WD to display some info (as needed)

These files are placed where the Movie is located.

//One further point too, could all this somehow be automated in an easy installer package ? Meaning … The theme and empty containers be up loaded to the box and through code, each of your movies and TV shows be automatically added to the theme

This is possibhle but not with a MOVIESHEET Theme. There are other themes that use the internal data scraper inside the WD to get Movie information and backdrop graphics. Theya re called Non Moviesheet themes (funnily enough).

Also you can set THUMBGEN to run in AUTOMODE. Results vary, but if you name your movies well enough, then it works fine. e.g. Dark.Shadows (2012).mkv

Thanks lester… much appriciated, I,e now found them… cheer’s

I’ll look into the rest of your info cheers…

Hi Lesterbangs,  many thanks for replying to my PSD request. I can understand the reasons for keeping the PSD file now. Really love the Theme, but as I like playing with Photoshop, I will always fiddle and tweak things. I’m not fully happy with my Video Background just yet, still needs a few more tweaks,  but I’ve managed to import it into your theme and upload to my WDTV SMP box ok.

Keep up the great work your doing m8, looking forward to any future updates.

Do you have to map your drive ? I’m asking as I’m running Win7 64 and can’t for the love of god add a network drive WDLive …

I can transfer the template over to the box by it’s internet address !!!