Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

I’ve found out a workaround to the the error “input string had an incorrect format”.

If I change my regional settings format in windows to english instead of in my case swedish before I start thumbgen all works fine.

1 Like

Oh? Then i also will try switching from swedish to english :wink: Thanks for the tip!

Worked fine! Thanks for the help!

I noticed on THUMBGEN, it has a DATE format field under the OPTIONS tab.

I have it set as DD/MM/YYYY but you may require a different setting for Swedish based Windows PC’s.

Im sure if you change it in THUMBGEN/OPTIONS, then issue will go away also.

Regards LB

Works excellent without changing region in windows if i change the date string in thumbgen! Thanks for the support! And thanks for a very nice theme, you Sir, are my hero! :wink:

…turns out it didnt work after a restart of the program. wierd. it says the right date format in thumbgen, but still gives error.

Whats even wierder is that it worked earlier…

edit: and now even chaning to english setting in windows wont work!!! Aaaaargh… im going to bed. :frowning:

Beta 2 up !

Cheer sLB

You mentioned a “new” .pdf walkthough, do you have this up yet?  I know that under the profiles the options changed (BR, DVD, default).  Do these matter?  I have almost exclusive BR’s so that is what I assumed.  I figure there is just the variation on graphic displays.

Another question on Thumbgen and how it processes.  I have yours and Tinwarbles now unzipped inot the same thuimbgen folder.  Will this effect the program?  Do we need independent folders for these?  I have them all dumpoed together (all profiles, all templates, etc).

Thanks.

you can have several themes’ profiels and templates in the same thumbgen installation, just choose from the program which one to use. So you can make sheets for both of them with the same installation.

PDF Walkthough soon… Still typing it up.

Profiles changes only generate a different thumbnail (e.g. Movie.jpg) for a movie. Some people like using a Blu-ray cover to signify the Movie is a HD source and a DVD Cover for SD source. I use the Default for all my thumbs as I like the gloss look.

You can safely unzip the Profiles and Templates under Thumbgen. It should not interfere with Tinwarbles templates / themes.

Working on improving the Music Interface and that will be the final change in Beta 3 (a few weeks away at best)

Cheers LB

Think ive found a bug with the default template:

When using default template (not dvd or bluray) plot does not show. When using one of the others, plot shows on the moviesheet as it should. This is not affected by what provider I use for the data.

theme looks awesome, good work!

Yeah, I noticed that on TV Shows also (tonight). You will find that under Options\Movie Info that “IMDB movie info” is the default (Higher). Move up “My Preferred collector” to the top and hit “OK” then the SAVE icon.

That will fix it…

Cheers LB

1 Like

Theme looking grt thanks for posting it.

Due to the way I structure my files I could do with several more genre folder jpegs… Is there some kind of template which you could provide… which a person can edit so that you could just change the text and underlying background image? I could really do with “TV Shows” “Kids” “Xmas” “Kids Movies” and “Kids TV” and I imagine lots of people have other genre variations… I have tried with my own folder images… but they just look poor compared with the rest of the one’s used in the theme…

Thanks

GP

Hi

Send me a list of what you want and I’ll create them. A have done some for others already.

Cheers LB

Thanks LB - well tob fair it really is just the one’s I have mentioned :

“TV Shows”

“Kids”

“Xmas”

“Kids Movies”

“Kids TV”

Cheers GP

…just the one’s I have mentioned :

“TV Shows”

“Kids”

“Xmas”

“Kids Movies”

“Kids TV”

Pls find them here:  http://db.tt/eqlGarw0

Cheers LB

1 Like

LB… what can I say… except superb! Thanks for all your hard work and such a speedy response.

Much appreciated.

GP

LB, any thoughts why for some movies I am getting the moviesheet showing rather than the movie poster? Once I click on the icon I then get the movie poster…?

Cheers

GP

Thanks again, LB, for the great work.  I’ll pass on an idiosyncracy I’ve encountered with the V4 Beta 2 profiles.  Since no one else has reported this, I doubt this is actually a bug, but perhaps something specific to my setup.  Whenever I load any of the Kudos V4 profiles in Thumbgen, Thumbgen immediately freezes and I in fact have to go to task manager in Windows 7 to close the program.  This does not happen with any of the other profiles, including Kudos V1.0, which I am continuing to use in the absence of V4 Beta 2.  If you have any thoughts on why this might be, I’d be most appreciative.

Also, I’ve been working in Photoshop in an effort to recreate the beautiful genre folders that go with V4 Beta 2.  My objective is to be able to customize the folder name and image, such as using one of my  family images for a “Home Videos” folder.  Sadly, I haven’t been having much success, which is a credit to your talent.  I know you have offered to create folders on request, but was wondering if you might be willing to share your Photoshop file with the layers unlocked so as to permit tweaking of things like which photo to use, ability to change the name of the folder if I think of something better, etc.  I’ll understand perfectly if this is something you do not wish to do, but thought there was no harm in at least throwing the request out there.

Thanks again for your most appreciated efforts.

Hi

I am not sure what the issue is with your use of these TEMPLATES with THUMBGEN. Are you using the latest version ?. Did you copy the COMMON folder under “\Thumbgen\Templates\Common” as this houses all the small graphic clips.

Here are some updated V4 Templates. Please try these. They have slightly different code.  http://db.tt/0K8pRhXQ   (Also you will find what you are looking for : PSD file)

Change Log (Template Changes only)

• Minor Background change (embossed) to make the smaller Movie Clip sit better

• Episode and Season moved to above Small Movie Clip (fixes a Clipping error)

• Changed and aligned some text in Movie and TV Shows.

Cheers LB