I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

Damien0 wrote:

Hi I was missing the entire folder?  found it and the instructions wetre very straight forward so all up and running. Kids think its the coolest thing every so thankyou for the wonderful work.

D

The folders all have a similar name, they are very easy to miss,

I am glad it is up and running and happy your kids like it  :smiley:

DeVicious wrote:

mMcCorner wrote:

ok. i’ve got similar answere from Joey (AEonish-Theme). its the same problem there. so i will try the BM v1.0.

That’s fine if you like the 1.0 better go for it, for me the 2 clicks on are not worth the loss of speed and features :slight_smile:

What is the two clicks combo we have to do? If i return to the music player, i am on root, then i have to go on music folder, then artist, album… there is a way to go on the music player more directly with v1.3?

doudidou wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

mMcCorner wrote:

ok. i’ve got similar answere from Joey (AEonish-Theme). its the same problem there. so i will try the BM v1.0.

That’s fine if you like the 1.0 better go for it, for me the 2 clicks on are not worth the loss of speed and features :slight_smile:

What is the two clicks combo we have to do? If i return to the music player, i am on root, then i have to go on music folder, then artist, album… there is a way to go on the music player more directly with v1.3?

no and that wasn’t meant to be a reply for you,

did you try to load music into you user folder?

Testing a new Moviesheet Version

OLD MOVIE SHEET

NEW MOVIE SHEET

let me know which one you like more…

2nd for me :slight_smile:

DeVicious wrote:

doudidou wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

mMcCorner wrote:

no and that wasn’t meant to be a reply for you,

did you try to load music into you user folder?

I am at work :) 

DeVi… I like both versions and i can’t think of anything that needs changing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hahaha :slight_smile: that was sweet :slight_smile:

DeV, I love this theme. Thanks so much for providing it to the community.

Yesterday, maxbec asked a question which I think got overlooked regarding the best way to display movies from similar genres but physically located on different drives . I have exactly the same question and need. I would love to hear your thoughts.

UKRob

New sheet very nice:smiley:

UKRob wrote:

DeV, I love this theme. Thanks so much for providing it to the community.

Yesterday, maxbec asked a question which I think got overlooked regarding the best way to display movies from similar genres but physically located on different drives . I have exactly the same question and need. I would love to hear your thoughts.

UKRob

Hi Rob,

I didn’t overlook it but if this was supposed to be the question I was mumbeling on about something else. :laughing:

Here is the deal… there is no such thing as similar genres. There are genres. You should be able to sort by genre with the library function but it will mess up everything else, this is more a temporary setting in the library.

There is only one decent way to do this. Make genre folders and dump the corresponding movies into them. Sorting is key and better investing 1 hour into moving files as wasting 100s of hours finding your movies. Try to skip back 1 or 2 pages I have responded to maxbec with more detail about it.

ztrust wrote:

New sheet very nice:smiley:

thanx :smiley:

I am just regenerating all my movies with them.

My initial reaction to the new moviesheet was that it looks better than the old one. Not sure if it is because it’s new and looks different to what I have been seeing all the time. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the old one, it still looks fantastic.  Can’t put my finger on why, but the new one looks slightly more vivid. Maybe it’s the higher contrast or the fact there is a bit of colour coming through in the backdrop. Another great job DeVi! 

DeVi… in the 2nd one, i would say the Runtime will need a slightly smaller font as it seem very squashed by the fanart.

The background seem a lot more lighter so we can actually see it more of the image unlike the first sheet.

I still think the IMDB Rating create an unbalance to both sheet… (i did try removing it with TGD but the text kept coming back)  ;)

Kazgor wrote:

DeVi… in the 2nd one, i would say the Runtime will need a slightly smaller font as it seem very squashed by the fanart.

The background seem a lot more lighter so we can actually see it more of the image unlike the first sheet.

I still think the IMDB Rating create an unbalance to both sheet… (i did try removing it with TGD but the text kept coming back)  ;)

I undestand why you would say that about the IMDB ratings on the movie sheets (they are on bottom in TV sheets)

However this is one of the first things you learn in Design School how to lay out your head line and surrounding area, it is either left alligned, centered or block. Based on the amount of variables used in this sheet and the spacious text area it only allows a block lay out for that matter i need something on top to balance out the runtime. If I make the runtime smaller the same thing happens again. If I relocated the IMDB settings to the bottom where they would feel better for me as well I would need to bring up a design element or make the runtime way smaller to match with the headline and then the entire design of the sheet is different. The large font for the runtime is called a “relief point” there is lots of info compressed on small space, by creating something other than the headline that is easy to ready your brain is more encouraged to accept the information provided. That is why most modern newspapers and magazines put quotes or such on top of paragraphs, this is not meant to catch attention it is meant to relief your eyes… hence releif point.

Yeah the background is better and it got the metal frame from the music and video player which turned out to be a good idea in there, the info boxes now have a black border, no more distracting white border which makes it look more settled and I really fancy the rounded covers that I am considering using them for thumbnails as well but this would make me loose the bluray covers so I am torn on this one.

will there be an upload of the new moviesheet ?

ztrust wrote:

will there be an upload of the new moviesheet ?

yes but for your own time management not before I decided to use rounded thumbnails or not, because i don’t want you guys do nothing else but generating sheets and thumbnails and have no time for movies anymore :laughing:

The rounded thumbnails look really great but i can’t put a cover around them anymore

i am really torn on this and the theme would only work with rounded thumbs if i go for that

hey Dev 

I see your point, but in my opinion the covers are not really nessecary as you have them over the coverfile, but by now i have learned ill have to wait until your satisfied you do exelent work after all, but i do hope if you change it you will upload both I have been trying to do something similer but after all im no you so never got it right :smiley:

Ztrust,
The problem is…
If I make rounded thumbnails there won’t be source covers at all anymore and the theme would make even rectangle covers rounded. It would look better but it would force people to redo their cover arts in entirety.
I also liked the source covers in the thumbnails, it was always looking good I think and gives u a good idea what the quality of the movie is like

Hey again 

I am sorry if i misunderstand something but as it is now we have moviesheet and thumb is it not possible to keep the thumb with the cover and use the movie sheet 2? This would be my prefrence with that being said dont think so much about the people after all it is your theme so in the end do what you would like best and let people like me **bleep**

p.s sorry about all the bad spelling but it would seem every time i post in these forums its always after having been up for 20 hours looking for solutions for my little hellbox