I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

maxbec wrote:

Hi All

Great theme by the way…but I am having an issue with displaying the genre thumbs in the genre view it just shows a movie pic from that particuar genre. . Ive read that you can build a folder structure to make this work but is there another way due to the volume of work I would need to do I would ike to avoid this if possible. my movie structure is

drive\movie storage folder\movie\movie.bluray.ext

I’m sure I’m overlooking something… If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction

…by the way using SMP and all works great

Hello Maxbec,

based on your file structure there is no way to display genre images since you have no genres defined.

In order to display genre images you would need genre folders. You are referring to the sorting order of the completely broken library which I always recommend to turn off. Even if you had genre folders in place the library would should you different results as you wish since it takes the genre from the generated xml file and not from your folder.

Having each movie in it’s own folder is a little bit like strapping your bycicle on the roof of your car, sitting on it and pretending to drive. What looks neat as a file structure is redundant on your device, it just takes you longer to get to the movie sheet / movie. It is not that much work to dump your movies and corresponding files into genre folders.

Here is what you should do.

1. create genre folders for all genres you want to use

2. each folder needs a folder.jpg with the corresponding genre images

3. move your movies out of the movie folder into the genre folders

4. turn the media library off if you a) don’t rate movies b) build your own movie sheets in thumbgen c) don’t mind that it shows the actualy file name instead of the music title

It sounds like a lot of work but I have done this myself and it was a 30 minutes job on 2 completely packed HDDs (2.5 TB total) after that and especially with the library off you will always browse the way it is intended…

Your music is sorted correctly and not alphabetically, your movies show by genre/alphabetically… your TV episodes are sorted by episodes and not by episode title (dumbest thing ever)

…and last but not least you can start the movie instantly without opening it’s own folder first.

BigRoo wrote> * * *

Dont forget to delete the wd_tv folder off your drive

I don’t know about SMP but this is the folder with the themes…

so do NOT delete that folder if you have a live hub, only delete the THUMB folder

1 Like

ninja168 wrote:

Thanks Devicious for your reply. My dpi is definitely 96.

I will get back to you on this, however you should always save your images with a generic color profile

and your resolution unit is set to inches (2) not sure if this makes a difference.

Hi love your theme but can seem to find the instructions you refer to in the Read Me First screenshots TG01 - TG08 or the Thumgen instruction scrren shots nstructions in screenshots TGTV01 to TGTV04 where are they located please?

Damien0 wrote:

Hi love your theme but can seem to find the instructions you refer to in the Read Me First screenshots TG01 - TG08 or the Thumgen instruction scrren shots nstructions in screenshots TGTV01 to TGTV04 where are they located please?

in the folder “Thumbgen Templates & Instructions 1.3”

DeVicious wrote:

BigRoo wrote> * * *

Dont forget to delete the wd_tv folder off your drive

I don’t know about SMP but this is the folder with the themes…

so do NOT delete that folder if you have a live hub, only delete the THUMB folder

whoops, sorry about that. i keep forgetting ive got a different player to you guys :frowning:

BigRoo wrote> * * *

whoops, sorry about that. i keep forgetting ive got a different player to you guys :frowning:

stop crying you big Roo :laughing:

DeVicious wrote:

BigRoo wrote> * * *

sorry mum :slight_smile:

BigRoo wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

BigRoo wrote> * * *

sorry mum :slight_smile:

no problem… now go make up your room :laughing:

DeVicious,

thanks for the reply… I tried your suggestions & it makes sense & I now have it functioning. I like the way the genre display works…I do have one more question if you could answer…I have mutiple drives installed due to the voume of movies…do you have a suggestion on how to get all genre from different drives under the one genre heading? or is it not possible and must have to search under each folder structure.eg

ACTIONCOMEDYHORROR

D:/action/movie.ext                       D:/comedy/movie.ext D:/horror/movie.ext

E:/action/movie.ext                       E:/comedy/movie.ext                          E:/horror/movie.ext

F:/action/movie.ext  F:/comedy/movie.ext F:/horror/movie.ext

etc

How do you structure your fies on multiple drives?

hope I explained it well enough

maxbec 

DeVicious wrote:

no problem… now go make up your room :laughing:

nah, thats your job :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everybody!

I have a question about the network share… maybe someone have an idea:

I have my music on a drive and my movies on an other folder:

\MYPC\Musique for music

\MYPC\Films for movies

Is there a way to go directly to \MYPC\Musique when i go on “Music center”, and to \MYPC\Films when i go on “Home Cinemas”. For the time, when i go on each one, i go on the root of the network share, and i see the too folders “Musique” and “Films”… this is a pitty to not see directly the beautifuls covers of my movies\musics :slight_smile:

doudidou wrote:

Hi everybody!

\MYPC\Musique for music

\MYPC\Films for movies

Is there a way to go directly to \MYPC\Musique when i go on “Music center”, and to \MYPC\Films when i go on “Home Cinemas”. For the time, when i go on each one, i go on the root of the network share, and i see the too folders “Musique” and “Films”… this is a pitty to not see directly the beautifuls covers of my movies\musics :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you will always end up in the root folder of your user account,

Make a folder.jpg for your video and music folders and you have at least 2 pretty thumbnails :wink:

DeVicious wrote:

doudidou wrote:

Hi everybody!

\MYPC\Musique for music

\MYPC\Films for movies

Make a folder.jpg for your video and music folders and you have at least 2 pretty thumbnails :wink:

I have already doing that… in fact, i have 8 folders (music, clips, concerts, films, série tv, spectacles, images et partage lol)

That was a pitty… maybe it’s possible on the computer to make two different network shares with different computer name… i will search when i have some free time! :wink:

doudidou wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

doudidou wrote:

Hi everybody!

\MYPC\Musique for music

\MYPC\Films for movies

I have already doing that… in fact, i have 8 folders (music, clips, concerts, films, série tv, spectacles, images et partage lol)

That was a pitty… maybe it’s possible on the computer to make two different network shares with different computer name… i will search when i have some free time! :wink:

try this…

put some music into your root user folder… this could work

in “Black Mamba v1.0” there was the “NOW PLAYING”-Button in the Menue. So i can go to the Main-Menue, look to other Thinks and can go back to the “NOW PLAYING”-Screen to look for the Music.

in “Black Mamba v1.3” is no “Now Playing”-Button. There is the “Now Playing info now on all pages (bottom)” but there is no Chance to go back to the Now-Playing-Site. You understand what i mean?

it is possible to go to the “Now Playing” Menue in Black Mamba v1.3?

mMcCorner wrote:

in “Black Mamba v1.0” there was the “NOW PLAYING”-Button in the Menue. So i can go to the Main-Menue, look to other Thinks and can go back to the “NOW PLAYING”-Screen to look for the Music.

in “Black Mamba v1.3” is no “Now Playing”-Button. There is the “Now Playing info now on all pages (bottom)” but there is no Chance to go back to the Now-Playing-Site. You understand what i mean?

it is possible to go to the “Now Playing” Menue in Black Mamba v1.3?

not with this kind of menu and firmware at this point. sorry you gotta make the xtra click back to the music player for now until i figured it out how to do it differently, I haven’t seen it working with this kind of menu yet so I assuming it is not possible at this point.

ok. i’ve got similar answere from Joey (AEonish-Theme). its the same problem there. so i will try the BM v1.0.

Hi I was missing the entire folder?  found it and the instructions wetre very straight forward so all up and running. Kids think its the coolest thing every so thankyou for the wonderful work.

D

mMcCorner wrote:

ok. i’ve got similar answere from Joey (AEonish-Theme). its the same problem there. so i will try the BM v1.0.

That’s fine if you like the 1.0 better go for it, for me the 2 clicks on are not worth the loss of speed and features :slight_smile: