Help...My network keeps dropping

I’ve had my My Net 900 Router for about three weeks now and at least 2 or 3 times a day the entire network goes down.  No internet or home network.   When it is working, the transfer speeds for file copying is much better than my last router, the wireless surfing is much faster and the number of ethernet ports all make this unit great.  However, the constant drops are more than annoying.   Any ideas in regards to the drops?  Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. It might be 3 times today, 1 tomorrow. It’s very erratic and undependable. I was advised to update the firmware which I did. It didn’t help. Someone suggested to disable DNA relay.  I don’t know what that is. I’m thinking this was a bad choice in routers.

My 750 is having the same problem, runs great for a few days and then drops the internet connection until I restart the router.  If i could find the recipt this thing would be going back to the store in a heartbeat, not impressed with the product at all. 

Investigating

happened to me as well. like I posted in another message I disabled “FasTrack Plus QoS” and no more drops :frowning:

wow one of the main reasons in buying this router was for the FasTrack Plus QoS, I thought about buying that Linksys EA4500 when I was at Best Buy but I opted for the WD my net n900 central 2tb because of the FasTrack Plus QoS

WD fix it DUDE!

Have the same issue… I’ll try disabling that but as you said, the QoS functions is one of the main reasons for choosing this over other devices.

I’ve also just read that setting to factory default and configuring again can help solve the crashes… (i.e. after the last firmware, a reset and reconfigure solved some stability issues for a user)

One of the things that is happening to me is that I cannot access the router when it is working. This is on top of the dropping issue.  I’ve also informally tried to keep track to see if there is a pattern/time to the drops but I can’t find it. Recently I had visitors whose waking hours were different so someone was up 24/7 for a week - no time pattern emerged.

I have netowrk dropping problems with my new N900 as well.  I updated the firmware during my setup so it’s the newest.  I would have situations where “some” of my WiFi connected devices were working fine.  i.e. my wife would be on her laptop and everything was working for her but my iPhone would not connect to the Internet nor my laptop however my laptop could access the local WiFi network devices but my iPhone could not.  This situation would flip flop and was inconsistent where different devices could access WiFi or Internet or not or any combo.

I had to reset my router daily and more than once a day if I was using Internet / WiFi heavily.

I followed some of the users who disabled Fast Track QoS and it’s been 2 days going on 3 where I have not had to reset the router.  Though my usage has been light as of late, I’ll keep an eye out.  Could be a bug in the QoS feature.

I note that mynetdashboard is missing. The icon and link used to be on my desktop but it is gone along with my ability to log on to the router in the more traditional way. I can’t recall if it disappeared with the firmware update or later.

Just tossing that out in case it is useful to finding the solution.

Well, two weeks later and no change.  I disabled the Fastrak and no luck.  I really do like this router WHEN it is working, but the old Net Gear is starting to look better and better.    I guess I’ll wait it out a little longer.  This is a shame.

If you have updated the F/W for your router try resetting the device to default and reconfigure it the way you want to.  Resetting the device after an update will usually solve the problem.

If by reset you mean turn it off and turn it on I’ve done that many times, sometimes several times a day, when it drops. 

As a followup, can I uninstall and reinstall the router? I was going to add the cloud drive but since I haven’t been able to access the router since the upgrade I can’t do that. If I can do that is there a specific procedure I should follow. I only want to spend the time once.

I have now made my ISP go crazy trying to resolve bizarre networking issues I was having until I found this thread, turned off the fast track QOS and viola my network is working fine again. So glad I replaced my old router with this one to better handle my video streaming inside my home. Does anyone know if the Enhanced WMM has similar issues (I turned it off as well).

beachgeek - When you turn on your router, can your computer connected to the router via wired Ethernet cable get an IP address? If yes, are you able to access the router’s web interface?

My desktop computer is a wired connection. If I go to Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections and click on the wired connections I get a panel and if I click on details I get an IP address, several in fact.  All the IPv 4 are 192.168.1.1 except  one where the last 1  is 145. None can be reached through my browser. I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox.

When I first installed there were 3 icons on my desktop. One connected to the router. That one disappeared when I did the firmware update. That’s why I was wondering about an uninstall/reinstall.

Count me as another MyNet N900 user who’s having frequent connections cutoffs. This router worked well for about six weeks, then suddenly it’s horribly unreliable. The only change is that we’ve sometimes had an additional device – a Macbook – on the WLAN. The only solution is to reboot the router, after which it will work fine for another few hours, only to drop connection again. All devices remain connected to the WLAN, but the Internet becomes unusable. 

I tested several different routers before settling on this one. I really don’t want to have to replace it so soon. On the other hand, this situation is hard to put up with, as two of us in the household rely on the Net for our work.

Have you tried turning off the fastrack QOS?

ccarlinx wrote:
Have you tried turning off the fastrack QOS?

I just did. I’ll give that a try for a while. All my troubleshooting up to this point has been to switch between different fw updates. 

beachgeek wrote:

If by reset you mean turn it off and turn it on I’ve done that many times, sometimes several times a day, when it drops. 

As a followup, can I uninstall and reinstall the router? I was going to add the cloud drive but since I haven’t been able to access the router since the upgrade I can’t do that. If I can do that is there a specific procedure I should follow. I only want to spend the time once.

No, rest meaning to rest it to factory defaults.

1. Login to the web UI, go to Advanced Settings / Admin / System / Rest

or

1. Push the rest button on the bottom of the router.

Any time you have issues, especially after a firmware update, you should attempt to “Rest to Factory Defaults”.