OK completed the border for anyone that wants verticle left display image

Download Here and replace:

\rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

\image\new_firmware_009.png

1 Like

Looks good drizzt09.

Cheers

JoeySmyth wrote:

Figured out what everyone was saying about the “pointer”  in the music playback screen not moving “down”

Well, for starters there isnt a “pointer” to begin with (i didnt include the xml code)

Here’s the album_playback.xml with the “Now Playing” Icon ( code is @@now_playing)

https://hotfile.com/dl/162361518/5cf0506/album_playback.xml.html

Hey Joey, i have one Question (maybe more):

Have you more then one Police-Album and have you a Mainfolder “Police” with Subfolders with the different Albums from Police? Then try this: go to the Mainfolder (in the Folder-View, with Media Library “on”) an go to “PLAY” all Songs from all Albums. Best Options “random Play”. NOW THE QUESTION: will the Cover change during the next song?

Joey just posted a basic Online Services screen, I can’t find the download link.?

Hi drizzt09,

love your TV template - would you like to share? :flushed:

thanks

Joey,

I noticed these 2 files are missing:

video_playback_playing_progress_bar.png

video_playback_playing_progress_bar_bg.png

My mediaplayer now selects these 2 images from the original theme, but then I get an orange bar. I have created them myself, but I thought it would help if I put this here also.

Here is a zip file with both files (if anyone is interested). Just place them in the images folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?woqqijq098gd2oo

Another thing I did was changing the images (which you see if you don’t use the get movieinfo) for your videofiles, they are in the folders called Gallery, LargeVideo and Video.

I didn’t like the movie theather icon, so I took icons from tne orginal Alaska theme (at least I think they are from that theme, I have a modified version for the WD TV Live 2011 edition here and I didn’t create them myself). They look like a folder with a movie sheet on top, looks to my opion better than the original ones in this great theme.

Here is a zip file with these files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vkg66j4f0xma84f

Slayer66 wrote:

Hi drizzt09,

love your TV template - would you like to share? :flushed:

thanks

@slayer66

the download link was right below the screenshot

JoeySmyth wrote:

Figured out what everyone was saying about the “pointer”  in the music playback screen not moving “down”

Well, for starters there isnt a “pointer” to begin with (i didnt include the xml code)

Here’s the album_playback.xml with the “Now Playing” Icon ( code is @@now_playing)

https://hotfile.com/dl/162361518/5cf0506/album_playback.xml.html

Thanks for the fast response and fix Joey. I also appreciate that you explained what the fix was - I’m actually learning something of how these themes work.

Any chance that you can add a progress bar somewhere on the Music Player screen and also show a track count i.e. Track 1/16? I know some people are never satisfied, but I think these tweaks would be useful.

Thanks again Joey

@Joey and anyone wanting to input.

I changed one of my standard movie.jpg and folder.jpg (which are120 x 180) icon for a pic in the .movie.backdrop folder - fanart_thumb00.jpg. Copied it to the movie folder and renamed it to movie.jpg. So the movie icon is now 300 x 169. Deleted .wdtv folder just to clear cache.

Then notice this, that in Gallery view, the picture on the left hand side is the full 300 x 169 image ( looks good), but the interesting bit is that the image displayed for the folder icon on the right hand side is the centre part of the 300 x 169 image – not distorted and in proportion.

So I am thinking if a movie.jpg image was created which was say 400 x 169 which on the left hand side was an image like fanart_thumb00.jpg and the right hand side the standard movie icon, and it was possible to show only the left hand side of the image in Gallery movie icons ( Left ) and only the right hand side on the Large top right image.

This would give the illusion of having two different images. Hope this makes sense ( to many rights and lefts ! ).

Hi drizzt09,

thanks for your reply, but when I click the download it just direct me to your screenshot…

sorry

@tony0204

Then notice this, that in Gallery view, the picture on the left hand side is the full 300 x 169 image ( looks good), but the interesting bit is that the image displayed for the folder icon on the right hand side is the centre part of the 300 x 169 image – not distorted and in proportion.

I deliberatly did that because i was using TVDB screencaps for a couple of tv shows i had.

This code:

<wrapper y=“147” w=“113” h=“170” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“top,hcenter” bg=“1”>

ie. pans to the top and center of the image while cropping the sides.  doesent affect posters, but will affect anything wide landscape …

I used this coding in All Video Views.

1 Like

@Slayer66

Hi drizzt09,

thanks for your reply, but when I click the download it just direct me to your screenshot…

sorry

Drizz’s download link works fine for me

1 Like

Slayer66 wrote:

Hi drizzt09,

sorry

link fixed

Thanks Joey - Understand.

So if this line was modified - could this be achivied.

So I am thinking if a movie.jpg image was created which was say 400 x 169 which on the left hand side was an image like fanart_thumb00.jpg and the right hand side the standard movie icon, and it was possible to show only the left hand side of the image in Gallery movie icons ( Left ) and only the right hand side on the Large top right image.

JoeySmyth,

Thanks so much for this and all the other themes and information you have provided for our devices.  I am using the WDTV SMP and have only had it for about a month and really like this new theme of yours (even if it was designed for the HUB it has worked great for me :wink: ).  The other moviesheet themes are full of eye candy but to me they are all annoyingly slow in gallery view (even on the SMP which is supposed to have faster hardware).  This theme is sleek, to the point and very fast to load.  I look forward to any updates to this and other themes from you that show off your talent and skill.

drizzt09, 

Thanks for taking the time to mod the gallery view xml for the vertical image and sharing it with the rest of us.  Since you have modded the 15 thumb gallery I decided to get my feet wet with some first time xml editing to do the same to the 18 thumb gallery since this is my preferred view.  I have also added the date and actor list to the right of the focused imaged.  I feel this view now contains most of the info from a standard moviesheet, but with almost instantaneous loading.  If anyone is interested you can dowload the files HERE.  Just replace \rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and \image\new_firmware_008.png.  Here’s a screen grab of the page:

WDTVLive_2012.07.06_20.53.58

Once again I want to thank dev’s like Joey for sharing their time, efforts, and knowledge with the rest of us here.  :smileyvery-happy:  Without such help most of us would be stuck with whatever came out of the box always wanting the what ifs and if onlys.

@ mollybc

Looks good !   Similar to something i playing around with today, ill post mine latter this weekend.

Sincerely

1 Like

joey man, this theme is baddass eh, thankyou so much. I get the feeling WD underestimate how important you and all the other themers are to the hub userbase, cause i know that i wouldnt have bothered with the hub if i was forced to stick with the defualt theme, instead i have 2 hubs and have purchased and recommended countless hubs and sent them in this direction to get a decent theme.

As for this theme, i cant tell you how long ive been waiting for something just like this, although i love so many of the other themes i have almost 5000 movies and i just have no time to create a sheet for each one. My most sincere thanks mate and that goes to all the other guys and girls creating these beautiful themes. Drizz thanks for the tweak too mate.

one thing i have noticed with this theme if you are interested is that if i have a movie in 2 parts in 1 folder it wont automatically go to the second part, seems to just hang and takes a bit of messing around to get out of it

Anyways, thanks again mate

@Joey

i tested something and now the alaska theme seems to work with my NAS.

i just replaced the “inc_compiling_media_library_home.xml” file from the alaska theme with the one from your aeonish media flag theme. maybe you can look over it once again, because i dont know exactly what this file does :wink:

Slezz, interesting.  Thanks for posting the info here, I will look at it when I have more time for my own themes.

Hi all,

This theme had many positive comments so I wanted to try it out but somehow I must have botched the installation.    All have have now is a white screen with “main menu” on the left and temperature and time on the right. Nothing else.  The remote does not appear to do anything . This includes the power button.    I have unplugged and plugged the unit in a few times but does not recover.  Sometimes I will get another white screen saying “Downloading information from media library” but that also is stuck for hours.

I grabbed the rar file, then unrared the one for the 15 gallery view into a folder “Alaska15” then copied the folder to the .wd_tv\theme folder.

Any help appreciated.

thx