Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

I have a big problem with the theme. My movies are stored on a NAS.

When i shut down the Hub completely and start it again, then i get stuck in the main menu. But i cant even see the menu. I only see the time, the now playing CD Case and compiling media library. I cant press anything or shut the Hub down, i have to pull the power plug.

When i start it with Media Library off i also get stuck, but then i just see the time and nothing else. When i use the Internal Storage it works fine and all the other Themes work as well.

Any suggestion?

Thanks JoeySmith for your time and this great theme. Really fast and really pure. And we can see a lot of thumbs on the same page, what is really good!

I only have a small problem (I checked others posts, but I didn’t see any answer) : the image on the left corner should show an image of the movie, but it actually shows (well, on my WD) a cutted version of the cover… When I go to “show images”, this image is OK. But, then, when I go back the image is replaced by a cutted version of the cover.

Thanks ++

@Slezz

Sorry, i dont have or use a NAS… 

Does this happen with other custom themes ? or the default theme ?

I only use the Internal and attached Usb.

1 Like

it just happens with the Alaska Theme. Default and the other themes work fine. I am currently using your Aeonish Media Flag Theme.

The WD TV Live mediaplayer still supports png files, hopefully WD will correct this for the hub.

I don’t have this problem with my nas.

@Slezz

Ok i copied the Aeonish Media Flag rv_home.xml  code  made a couple of changes for it to work with Alaska…

Can you PLEASE download the TEST and let me know ASAP if it resolves the problem ?

https://hotfile.com/dl/162312768/981a231/AlaskaResurfaceTEST.rar.html

I will be online for another Hour, so please let me know soon

Regards

1 Like

thx for your fast response. i tried it but unfortunately it doesnt work :frowning:

i just see the time and the media library symbol that scans for new content. my hub keeps blinking all the time and nothing happens

Sorry, i tried… signing off

1 Like

1 think i dont like about using the hub to scrape TV shows is you have a wall of the same thumbnail.

I designed a moviesheet that replaces the generic thumbnail for TV. It is designed to have a screenshot from the episode in the top half, so when displayed on the left image just the screen shot fills the box. I will post a screen shot later this evening when I get home from work.

I am also working on a tweak to the left image. Make it a little smaller and verticle. Then move the genres and runtime to the right of the image between left image and top row of 15 thumbnails. I was going to try leaving the current frame as is and fit image on the left half of the frame and genre etc on the right side of the frame. I doubt that will work so back ground image will need to be photoshopped/gimped to turn verticle too. This is still a work in progress.

Hopefully this will help with some of the peoples requests and take some work load of Joey. These will be custom mods “IF” you want them.

@Slezz

Thought of something… One Last Try

https://hotfile.com/dl/162319695/fb64a8b/LastTry.rar.html

1 Like

i just tried it, same problem :confused:

but thanks for your effort joey. i like the speed and the gallery view of the alaska theme so i dont have to scroll through all of my movies.

but i stay with your aeonish theme then :wink:

drizzt09 wrote:

1. the highlight bar does not move down to each song that is playing, stays highlighted on the first song clicked. [list view]

@joey I’d like to add my thanks for your hard work on making this great looking theme. I downloaded the album_playback patch and copied it over the old file. The pointer still does not move down the playlist as each song plays. As I remember from the default theme the highlight does not move but a pointer moves down the playlist.

@drizzt09 is the pointer moving down the playlist with the patch for you?

@joey I’m not demanding this is fixed, I’m just giving you some feedback. I’m really pleased with the way the theme is at the moment. I’m also impressed that you are responding to peoples posts so quickly. Thanks again Joey

I tested, it’s great especially the setup part very well done, but i stay with the aeonish revision 3 in the hope (but i doubt) that you make it for the last fw as well

o/

badmem wrote:

drizzt09 wrote:

1. the highlight bar does not move down to each song that is playing, stays highlighted on the first song clicked. [list view]

The pointer still does not move down the playlist as each song plays. As I remember from the default theme the highlight does not move but a pointer moves down the playlist.

same for me. lates Firmware, Bibli ON,

and if i play a Mainfolder with several subfolders (Artist-Folder ABBA with 5 Subfolder and there the mp3s) the Albumcover dosn’t change

tony0204 wrote:

@Jersue

You need to unpack the .rar file, which contains 3 .rar files inside it. (3 Variations of the Theme)

Then for one of the Themes (.rar) unpack this to a temporary folder. Then zip the whole contents to a zip file.

This is the file you use to download to the SMP using the web interface. Does not work with Explorer, use Firefox say.

Thanks, got it to work

I have played a lot with this beta theme and I see a lot of small things which are not consistant with the theme, for example if you go to web services, you get a wrong icon in the left corner.

Would you like me / us to make a list or is is better to wait when you have made a beta 3 version?

Joey, what view is shown in your screenshots, the 4th down on righthand side (■■■■■■ Punch) and which of your 3 versions is it in?

Cheers

OK here is the screenshot of the TV template I made:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ml3xb84xc1ezbh2

still working on the rotated left image edit

Figured out what everyone was saying about the “pointer”  in the music playback screen not moving “down”

Well, for starters there isnt a “pointer” to begin with (i didnt include the xml code)

Here’s the album_playback.xml with the “Now Playing” Icon ( code is @@now_playing)

https://hotfile.com/dl/162361518/5cf0506/album_playback.xml.html

And a basic Online Services screen…

1 Like

For everyone that wanted the left image verticle to not cut off folder icons. Here is the adaptation I edited.

As you can see the frame still needs to be altered to be inline with the image but almost there.