Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

JoeySmyth wrote:

@drizzt09

I personally prefer the backgrounds changing, and a lot of time went into developing the Moviesheets and the code to achieve it.

> Hi Joey , Love the theme.> So the backgrounds are supossed to change?,i have changed nothing in the theme but my backdrops are the same picture saved from thumbgen but never change.> I use WDTVHubGen to create the xml’s and they do have the links for the backdrops and i am connected to the internet.> any ideas

@Tommyboy

*sigh* :cry:

“Backdrops Changing” means … they change when you navigate from movie to movie.

The Default ’ Mochi™ Theme’   Auto Cycles Backdrops Changing’ which requires an Internet Connection.

‘Aeonish Hub Theme’ does not , and will never do this. Backdrops(Sheets) are an ‘Offline’ and ‘Local Storage’ Feature.

With Default ’ Mochi™’ Theme’ if you have no Internet Connection or if it ‘Drops Out’ or ’ themoviedb.org’ goes offline, then you will have no Backdrops and/or a Black or Blank Backdrop Screen.

Thanks Joey

I prefer it the way it is , i was just making sure i had nothing wrong.

Sometimes the Terminology can be confusing , especially when working with diferent media players

Short status report:

I was able to solve the problem with the artist and album names.

The tag information was not complete. Under the point ALBUM i only wrote the name of the album.

Sounds logical but of course there have to be the name of the artist too. Never thought about that.

I still sit on the other problem with the german movie titles. Must be a problem with the XML files.

Thanks for your tips, so far.

JoeySmyth will you update also ‘Music Run’ menu?

In time…  Most probably will use the same view as “Music List View” for music run.

(eg. Music Track List on the left of Screen with the Music Cd Cover to the Right of Screen … and the Backdrop)

Havent got around to it yet.

1 Like

Is anyone using this for tv shows and if so which template are you using.

i cant figure out what i need to change in thumbgen to get it to read the individual episodes.

Tommyboy wrote:

Is anyone using this for tv shows and if so which template are you using.

i cant figure out what i need to change in thumbgen to get it to read the individual episodes.

I created a rough draft templat for TV and gave it to Joey to work into his final product. Or edit if he sees fit.

Also TG doesnt 100% properly xport info accurately for the hub in xml format. Its great for Movie Sheets but not perfect for non Movie Sheets… yet. TG designer knows what needs to be fixed and should be in the next update.

thanks drizzt09

drizzt09 wrote:

Thank You joey.

I will try this tomorrow, been up too long working on folder icons tonight and have to work in the morning. Dead tired. Thanks.

FYI, the TV XML data is not perfect using TG yet. but the the author is working on it now. Hopefully have it soon and will work perfect for TV and Movies when generating for this theme.

@drizzt09, do you know what size the thumbnail should be for it to work best as a folder icon for this theme? Help much appreciated.

geoff

I did notice my folder icons do not show properly in this theme. I have not gone through the xml yet to see what size joey has change the dimensions to. Maybe he can shed some light on this. Or maybe if it doesnt mess the them, changing the xml dimensions to the same as the JSMOD version might be easier.

Probably your best and only bet is to make folder moviesheets which are the same as the moviesheets for movies, because you can’t seperate folder thumbnails and file thumbnails, they are controlled by the same variable.  You want get the moviesheet to display, but your folder icon should display correctly.

Tinwarble wrote:

Probably your best and only bet is to make folder moviesheets which are the same as the moviesheets for movies, because you can’t seperate folder thumbnails and file thumbnails, they are controlled by the same variable.  You want get the moviesheet to display, but your folder icon should display correctly.

So what you are saying is create the folder icons the same size as the TG template for the cover image?

If that is the case it would be 326x217

Sorry, that want work, just tried it.

Looks like thumbnails at around 251 x 378 work pretty well, you may have to modify that a littte, maybe something more like 249 x 376.

I’ll try giving an exact number in a little while.

Ok, after some trial and error, looks like the best size is something like 251 x 382, although you can go smaller or larger with the folder icons, the ratio needs to be the same.

However, if you want more seperation between your folder icons (more space between your icons) then set the height larger so that you would have something like 251 X 388.

Also, I have to say ignore the other post that I had, I was over thinking the problem.

One other thing.  In the “rv_gallery_browse_page. xml”  I would add  - align=“top,right”, it’s not that big of a deal, but it might keep you from having problems.  Because, align=“right” actually means align=“center,right”, the default alignment is always “center”.

Hey after I installed this theme I started to watch a movie. When I went back into my comedy folder all my movies starting with A had gone and my collection starts with B. They are on my harddrive when I go through networks on my computer but don’t show on the hub. 

Is there any way to fix this problem permanently because I’ve looked at a few solutions but people keep saying that it just happens again after. 

teeshapie wrote:

Hey after I installed this theme I started to watch a movie. When I went back into my comedy folder all my movies starting with A had gone and my collection starts with B. They are on my harddrive when I go through networks on my computer but don’t show on the hub. 

Is there any way to fix this problem permanently because I’ve looked at a few solutions but people keep saying that it just happens again after. 

I highly doubt it is the theme causing this issue, as it would probably happen in any theme.

1. Make sure your filters arent set improperly.

2. Pull power chord for 5 seconds and reinsert, wait till flashing stops before browsing.

3. If the movies in teh ‘A’ section are all movies like “A Walk in the clouds”. Check if the movie is now in the ‘W’ section. Example: “Walk in the Clouds, A”

4. If all else fails, in setup, turn off media library, clear media library, turn on media library. Wait for flashing to complete before browsing

@drizzt09 and @Tinwarble, thanks guys for your help on the sizing of folder icons. Really appreciate it.

New here to the world of moviesheets, and while I’ve looked through this thread I’m not sure I’m following all the discussion; apologies of I’m repeating something here.

Is there a way to use moviesheets/metadata with folders? So, for example, when I navigate to a television series, in which each season is organized into a separate folder, is it possible to have the DVD cover for the thumbnail in gallery view, and maybe a season promo poster/synopsis at the top? I’m not sure how to go about doing this - thanks for any help.

zskirkton wrote:

New here to the world of moviesheets, and while I’ve looked through this thread I’m not sure I’m following all the discussion; apologies of I’m repeating something here.

Is there a way to use moviesheets/metadata with folders? So, for example, when I navigate to a television series, in which each season is organized into a separate folder, is it possible to have the DVD cover for the thumbnail in gallery view, and maybe a season promo poster/synopsis at the top? I’m not sure how to go about doing this - thanks for any help.

1. this theme is not a moviesheet theme

2. you can create folder images [put image in the folder and call it “Folder.jpg”]

3. no you can not have metadata detail info on folders… this is a firmware limitation