Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

The ‘Wiki’ Definition of a ‘MovieSheet’

_ “Moviesheets are fullscreen, prerendered images which are displayed as background when you select a folder or media file.” _

_ Source: _

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets

(this link contains info that does not relate to the WDTv Live Hub! )

Updated info on Page(1) regarding my utilization of ‘MovieSheets’ with this Theme.

2 Likes

Hey on my tv I can’t see the border of the theme where it has the information I really like this theme how do I make it so that I can see the brown border rather than it just continuing to the edge of the tv.

I’ll need a good explanation about how to do it

Thanks

3 Likes

@ teeshapie

Take a Picture with your Digital Camera and upload it so i can see if it’s Theme related or your TV’s ‘Overscan’.

Hi Joey,

Can this new ammendmant be used with tv shows ?

I mean can I create moviesheets with thumbgen for my tv shows as well as movies

Thanks Divy PS Great work as usual

@ divydave

Yes

wow, fan freakin’tastic.  Your work continues to amaze.  Big thumbs up for this

I dont have a camera at the moment but it goes right to the edges and if i adjust my screen sizes its still the same 

teeshapie wrote:

I dont have a camera at the moment but it goes right to the edges and if i adjust my screen sizes its still the same 

go into setup and change screen res from 100% to 90% or 80%

Thanks that worked looks great!!

any way to make the alternate version the main version? I like the alternate much better

Yeah, i agree

Did a couple of little tweaks today …

* Diffuse (fills the whole sceen, and background is visable without obscuring text details)

* Text is now more White/Bold   for easier reading.

* Stars Rating/Review are now ‘Gold’ colored instead of  ‘Blue’

Will update/post Screenshots … tomorrow

Joey -

Thanks a lot for your continuous hard work on this thing. It’s absolutely beautiful.

However, one thing. On my hub, all of the thumbnails have a back box around them. The thumbnails themselves have rounded edges and the reflection shows underneath, but both are inside a black box. It doesn’t appear the same on your examples (and it’s extremely obvious on the alternate ‘info’ screen). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

@ zskirkton

When creating the ‘sheets’ make sure in Thumbgen Options (Input/Output Naming) you select PNG (Instead of JPG)

When finished generating all your sheets rename them to   *.jpg

(For a lot of movies, i use Batch Renaming Software)

eg.  Batman Begins.png  to Batman Begins.jpg

Wow! What a fantastic theme. I refused to take movies out of individual folders until this theme came around. Thank you for all of your hard work. Is there any way to add other fields to the view info screen? For instance, I’d like to add MPAA to the screen and I know the correct .xml file to edit but I am unsure how to make a reference to the field I’d like to display from that specific movie. Is there a piece of code I can add along the lines of " …@@movie_mpaa…" to show MPAA or does the hub only read certain xml fields such as actors, director, running time, etc. (the ones you have already included) and therefore additional fields such as MPAA, tagline, etc. cannot be added? Thanks again for all of your hard work.

@ OSU_Buckeyes_09

Thanks.

Unfortunately info like MPAA and Movie Tagline are not able to be displayed as this is controlled by the WDTV Live Hub’s Firmware ;(

Hopefully one day WD will release a Firmware update that enables this info to be displayed (and would be great also, if all the ‘Metadata’ was available in all Views)

Maybe try posting  your request in the “Ideas” section and see if WD acknowledge it.

JS

JoeySmyth wrote:

@ zskirkton

When creating the ‘sheets’ make sure in Thumbgen Options (Input/Output Naming) you select PNG (Instead of JPG)

Perfect. Thank you!

Now I only wish I would’ve asked before I created a few hundred moviesheets the wrong way. But perfectionist that I am, I’ll be fixing 'em shortly. Thanks again!

OSU_Buckeyes_09 I have all my movies in individual folders and I haven’t any kind of problem using this theme, you just have to set the proper wiew method using the green button of the remote controll and select folder if I remember. :slight_smile:

JoeySmyth wrote:

@ zskirkton

Perfect. Thank you!

Now I only wish I would’ve asked before I created a few hundred moviesheets the wrong way. But perfectionist that I am, I’ll be fixing 'em shortly. Thanks again!

Sorry i didnt explain things more clearly :frowning:

I highly recommend in Thumbgen to ‘Tick The Box’ to create ‘Metadata’

‘Metadata’ is actually a *Zip* file which contains all the downloaded Info and Images for your movie/tv file.

eg. Batman Begins.mkv.tgmd (is a zip file which contains all the info and images)

To ‘Batch’ re-process a ton of movies… Select ‘Process files/folders’ then select ‘Create from Metadata’

A hundred movies on my slow computer takes about 10 minutes to re-process.

Personally though, i backup the *.tgmd files to my PC and only copy them back into the movies directory (the actual movie files) when i want to re-process the the sheets.

hope this all makes sense. :slight_smile:

@JoeySmyth

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured it was a Hub limitation. I’ll make a suggestion in the Ideas section when I get a chance. For now, I think I’m going to add some information such as MPAA, tagline, resolution and whatever else on the bottom of the movie sheet template you provided. In that way the information will be hidden as I move from movie to movie, but when I choose the “View Info option” it will become visible when the other movie covers are “removed” to view the entire sheet, albeit hardcoded into the sheet instead of being a result of xml info.

@Plesk90

This theme works perfectly well with movies in individual folders, I completely agree. I was just complimenting Joey on the fact that I liked the transitions between different movie kept in the same folder so much that I actually decided to reorganize my library, something I’ve been reluctant to do since getting the Hub the week it came out.