Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

I want at least two genres showing on my movies info. I tried changing <Genres MaximumValues=“1” to 2 but that didn’t do the trick. Is it possible to fix in some way?

Again… Thumbgen has nothing to do with it.

The Hub reads the Movie.xml to display the Genre… it dosent matter has many Genres there are, the Hubs FIRMWARE only displays the First One.

eg.

Action

Adventure

Thriller

THE HUB WILL ONLY DISPLAY  “Action”

There are only 3 things you can do about it…

1. Manually Edit all your Movie.xml’s so all the Genres are in the First Instance of the Genre tag…

eg. Action / Adventure / Thriller

2. Lodge a Complaint to WD or Post it in the “IDEAS” Section.

3. Accept that the Firmware only displays the First & One Genre in the XML.

P.S.  All of the ABOVE, also applies to the Hub’s Scaper as Well.

i cant download thumgen tutorial from the link provided, please help.

Link is 100% Working… Tested 30 Seconds ago… Successful Download Completion.

Hi There !

Very simple question for me,

I have recently brought au WD TV LIVE (Gen 3) and I would like to know if i can apply this theme to it ?

If no, where can i find themes for it ? (Because in the menu there is an option to change a theme from a local storage but I can’t find any theme for it)

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my english !

JS: I get it now. I was comparing with devicious templates. That media info is pinned on the backdrop-image while this isn’t. Nvm then hehe. 

Another thing:

Isn’t it easier to just upload your profile-file (.tgp) for everey template instead of making a video on how to configure ThumbGen? Or am I missing something (again)… 

I Want this for the WD TV Live Media Player :smiley:

Hi JoeySmyth,

i use your theme for Firmware 2.07.17 and this Theme is so great.

Can i make the xbmc Menu Bar more Transparent? (maybe with gimp?)

Because i want to see “more” from my Backround Pics…

Thank you 

Gerd 

2 Likes

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Gerd 

nicolecoco02 wrote:

Hi There !

Very simple question for me,

I have recently brought au WD TV LIVE (Gen 3) and I would like to know if i can apply this theme to it ?

If no, where can i find themes for it ? (Because in the menu there is an option to change a theme from a local storage but I can’t find any theme for it)

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my english !

I’m in the same situation. Love this theme and would like to apply it on my WD TV Live SMP. Is it possible?

From page 1:

NO COMPATABILITY  SUPPORT FOR WDTV STREAMING MEDIA PLAYER (SMP)
(This Theme is designed for the Western Digital Live Hub Media Player)

BUT on page 67…

madweegie:
"Tried And Tested this on the SMP ( REVISION 2.07.17)

Firmware 1.05.18

Works 100% no issues to report here.

Keep in mind that to get this to upload to your SMP, extract the original rar to its folder, then go inside this folder and highlight all and add to archieve(winrar) and change it to ZIP, renaming the rar to zip does not work, Then just upload the new zip you created. (Note IE,Chrome wouldnt upload it , just stuck on the waiting screen, however firefox gave me success."

so try

Just to ‘Clarify’ and remove any “Ambiguity”   and/or  ‘Confusion’ for “SMP” Owners…

Ive changed the ‘Statement’ contained on Page(1)

THIS THEME WAS WRITTEN FOR THE “WDTV LIVE HUB MEDIA PLAYER

I am happy to offer help,assistance and support to forum members that own a “WDTV Live Hub”.

I do not own a WDTV (Streaming Media Player) “SMP” and therefore cannot offer any help,assistance or support to people wanting to use/or Install this Theme on a Device i Do Not Own.

Thanks for the explanation. I’ll try that later and give the feedback.

I have SMP and loaded this with latest firmware (Dec 2011).  For the most part, it works well.  Moviesheets had a couple issues, but there are a few ways to view your movies, not just via the Moviesheets view … and other views worked OK.  Setup menu had an extra option that the SMP does not have, but that did not impact the function of the SETUP menu at all.

Just ensure the file is a ZIP and upload it.  That’s all I did … create a ZIP and upload through the backdoor HTTP interface of the SMP.

Hi people.

I did like LordKimbo said and it worked! It’s all functional now but there’s no clock and no wether info. How can i solve this?

I’m having some troubles with 2 other things: all of my movies synopses are in english and i want it in portugueses, do i have to change the info files of all movies or can i get the synopses from another source?

The other problem is the imdb rate. It isn’t shown in any of my movies. What do i have to do to work this out?

Thanks for the help.

On the WDTV Live HUB…

* The ‘Clock’ is there on the Home Screen.  (your TV might have ‘Overscan’)

* The ‘Weather’ is not there… didnt like it  (Try Accuweather in Online Services for the Weather)

* Demo Files and Folders were Scraped from http://www.themoviedb.org/ 

Translation on the Hub only works for the Interface… (ie. translate=“1” in the xml code)

So you will have to choose another ‘Movie Provider’ in Thumbgen that is ‘Portugueses’.

* Imdb Rating is not possible.   Thumbgen does ‘scrape’ the Imdb Rating Info… but the Live Hub Firmware does not

support the variable to display it. eg.  8.5    (‘rating’ variable is used for the ‘Stars’ Graphic Element)

* This “Theme”  displays all Movie Info from the Movies XML file.

aka. The  ‘Metadata’ which the Hub is displaying in real time.

The ‘Moviesheet’ is a Fanart and Cover with No info.  

aldwin wrote:

does anyone have the templates for adding these items (imdb, etc) in the moviesheet?

EDIT: was able to create it using thumbgen designer. thanks

Hi Aldwin,

Can you please share your template? I guess there are lots of people who wants to add IMDB in this lovely theme.

There’s another way to display IMDB Ratings,Media Flags,Certifications without having to Modify the Original Moviesheet.

Will post it when it’s done.  Hopefully this Weekend.

3 Likes

JoeySmyth wrote:

There’s another way to display IMDB Ratings,Media Flags,Certifications without having to Modify the Original Moviesheet.

Will post it when it’s done.  Hopefully this Weekend.

Will check this post in every 15 mins :smiley:

and weekend is not too far