Zero Bytes for Folders on G-Drive

I have a G-Raid 8TB mirrored connected via USB 3.0 to a MacPro running 10.13.6.
The Folder size summary on that drive is Zero Bytes, albeit they have gigabytes of data in them.
The individual files’ size is shown but not the total for any folder.
I have run disk first aid. It did a repair, but no change.
The drive seems to be constantly active. I have disabled spotlight for it.

Also, it never, ever reaches the promised 400mb/s read speed. The top speed I measure was around 250mb/s.

The 400s is if you leave it as a RAID0 device like it is out of the box. That is the performance mode. If you change it to RAID1 for mirror you lose the performance.

The drive is always active and that is by design. The folder size summary isn’t really an issue but you can always transfer the data off the drive, erase it in Disk Utility then transfer the data back and see if it changes.

I have never changed the Raid type. It is 0 as out of the box.

I let it run over night. Now the totals for all folders are correctly displayed.

The drive is still dog slow, though.

My USB3.0 Card is not the problem, nor is the cable.

Other devices like external SSD drives operate at maximum USB 3.0 speeds, which tops out at 650mb/s

What drive is it? You mention G-DRIVE but the G-DRIVE does not hit 400MB/s only the G-RAIDs can hit that speed. The G-DRIVEs are single drives not in RAID so they go about 220-250, the speeds you are getting.

Sorry, it’s a G-Raid (I corrected the title of the thread).
I was able to somewhat remedy the issue. Now, I get 320 write and about 320mb/s read speeds.
Still not 400mb/s as advertised, but close.
I think, the issue was, having encryption on on that drive.