Okay, I thought I was starting to figure out all the quirks of this Hub that I needed to but evidently not.
The latest problem is that after updating all the movies data via the “get info” option, some of the movies’ covers are now showing up as the folder covers, despite me having a file “folder.jpg” already set up that I want as the cover! I’ve tried turning the hub off and back on, and even doing “clear media library” and the **bleep** stays the same.
How do I fix this?!?!
On top of that there are a couple movies with no covers at all. I used “get info”, in the preview before I clicked the checkmark it showed the movie cover so it should be working, yet when it finishes loading there’s nothing there at all!
Please help with this too! Thanks everyone. I’m so frustrated that there’s always something not working the way it should with this thing >:(
some of the movies’ covers are now showing up as the folder covers, despite me having a file “folder.jpg” already set up that I want as the cover!
This has been talked about numerous times. A quick search would have found the answer:
rename all the metathumb files to jpg, and your folder.jpg file will work.
Okay, then explain to me why now, after having switched all of the metathumb files to jpg’s, I still have a folder showing the completely wrong picture (a picture btw, that shouldn’t even EXIST on the drive anymore since I just gave up and completely deleted it! )
Any more thorough answers?
After this is done you need to unplug your unit and recompile then all should be good
I don’t use the Hub to get anything I use Thumbgen. As far as I know I’ve never had metadata folder files. BUT i had the same problem with my folder cover art showing the backdrop file as the FOLDER cover art.
Here is what I do and it works for me and I have used FW 3.01.19 but am currently using 2.07.17:
I place all movies in genre folders with NO sub folders
Each of these have a “Folder.png” (NO .PNG files do not display “properly” but DO display) that is created by using a dummy “folder.avi” file and thumbgen to generate the “Folder.png” file. Make one .png file at a time, as thembgen overwirtes. Copy it to the proper folder on the Hub. Once you have made each of your folder covers delete the .wd_tv\thumb folder. Unplug/power down the Hub then plug it back in/power up let it recompile and go look at your folder covers.
Not syaing this will work for everyone but it’s what works for ME.
It may not be the right way to do it but it’s what works for ME.
It may not look as good as a Folder.jpg that was renamed from Folder.png but it’s what works for ME.
If you’re lucky and do it right and if I have properly described how I do it, it might work for you. :)