Wish List For Future Firmware Releases

• Multichannel LPCM support

• DTS-HD Master Audio Pass-Through support

• Support for convertion AAC 5.1 and wmaPRO 5.1 to LPCM 5.1

• Skipping chapters in mkv files with next or previous buttons.

• USB spanish keyboard layout support

• 4:3 videos stretched to 16:9

• Recently viewed (video, photos and music) on home screen

• Thumbnail support for MKV to show cover art embeded into file

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE ITEMS TO THIS LIST.

2 Likes

support for external bluray drives like Asus Blu-Ray SBC-04D1S-U support for wheater information, eventually together with wake-up function support for user custom radio streams web browser integration

ADPCM audio support.

Russian layout and symbols support in youtube search onscreen keyboard.

…to not break what was fixed in previous releases :stuck_out_tongue:

Native HULU support!!!  PlayOn’s great but it would free up a PC or two.

2 Likes

A friend & I tested the TviX M-6500a with the latest beta FM (1.5.19 06/02/2010) today.
We were able to pass-through DTS-HD Master Audio for a few minutes before movie started to stutter.
Not bad for beta. Maybe it isn’t imposible to implement DTS-HD MA support without DTS license.

I really hope WD can solve this. I would hate to buy another mediabox, I like this WD TV Live HD alot even though it doesn’t support movie sheet in official FM. But in the end (for me) it’s all about watch & listen to movies in HD.

/Fenka

1. I definitely concur with the idea of being able to “stretch” videos to fill the whole screen. Zoom is decent but it’s not quite the same.

2. This is my big one: the ability to skip ahead/skip back by some time interval like 15s maybe. Right now the only way to do that is to fast-forward or rewind, but that’s hardly an ideal substitute.

3. Parental control or some other kind of protection control

4. Ability to pause/resume playback of music and video from any screen (like a global "now playing")

support of live streaming from desktop will be great thing ( something like remote desktop)

1 Like

A “Don’t remind me again” option when it detects new firmware is available.

1 Like

Support for android remote control

1 Like

+1 on the Android remote. I know they said they’re not considering development of an app because there are third party options out there, but it would be nice to have something that worked with official firmware. If they would just add telnet capability to the official firmware, we’d be good to go.

I also hope Hulu is in the next release. It was announced 4 months ago.

1 Like

Facebook must remember login and password info as typing it through remote each time is very difficult.

Audio Lipsync option while playing, similar to +/- xxx ms increments available for subtiltles synchronisation

rockrider99 wrote:

Audio Lipsync option while playing, similar to +/- xxx ms increments available for subtiltles synchronisation

+1 !!!

Adjustable size and number of video thumbnails (12 thumbs with 120x180 px, 10 thumbs with 180x240 px, etc.)

Ability to select the folders I want to display in the Video Section, Pictures Section and Music Section.

It should NOT show me all my folders in each section!  

It would be appreciate to add support for usb DVB-t  driver, I have 3 tuner from terratec lsusb 00cd:0093. TV watching and registering preferably via lan onto a nas server should be the MOST intelligent add on, adding selectable support for remote controller e.g. terratec grey one (the most complete remote ever).

• Box remains in “off” state, when power is supplied.

• DTS-HD Master Audio Pass-Through support

… anything from the Ideas Lab.