Wireless Pro - New PLEX Server version? Mine fails to update

Hi,

My Passport Wireless Pro shows on the admin console that there is a new version for Plex Server, namely 1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb. (no new version is presented as available on the Plex admin site)
I currently have version 1.7.5.4035-313f93718. When I try to update it through the admin console of WD, it fails with this error:
Plex installation was not successful. (370021).

I don’t find anything here in the forum nor on Plex site, about this error. So don’t know what it is. Could it be that the download failed? How can I force it to download again? I am suspecting that it is using a cache as when I try to run the update, it immediately fails, while the first time it took a while to download.

Also, the new version doesn’t appear on plex site as a download for Wireless Pro, but only for other WD devices. Is this new version not supported on the wireless pro? Does it require manual installation?

Thanks,
JB

The MPWP links directly to the Plex server for the latest update. I suggest you post the issue to the Plex forum for feedback on new builds, changes and issues.

I just did a quick check on my unit which didn’t have Plex installed and I was able to install the 1.8.1 build without problem but it’s not updating from the 1.7.5 build you have. I recommend to check your MPWP’s HDD file system is still good via scandisk and the Wi-Fi connection to your router is good on the downloads just in case.

Hello, as promised I am returning with feedback for my issue.
Using my home wifi network, which is very reliable one, I updated without issues.