Thanks for the reply and input.
The link software you sugested may have solved the problem.
I contacted a WD Media tech support who recognized the problem immediatley.
My IP and MAC addresses had become inncorect.
When my router went for a **bleep**, I simply replaced it with a switch (hub) instead of replacing with a new router and running the appropriate set up which likely would have reset my addresses.
It has been years since I had to futz with IP's so I had forgoten how to access CMD and thus IPCONFIG.
I have noticed several other posts that resembled my issue and I suspect, like myself, others have forgoten the basics.