Windows 8.1 OS - Can't Connect to this device error - WD My Cloud

I opened the WD My Cloud desktop application, clicked on my device to connect to it, it took a second then that error popped up. I tried connecting locally via web browser, same thing, could not connect. I tried using the app on my android phone, could not connect. It was working fine. The only thing that has changed in my environment is that I got a new laptop… but that does not explain the error connecting via web or mobile app. 

I can’t even get my files by hardwiring usb 3.0 from the my cloud to my laptop? ? 

It would help if you can list the steps you took until you reached this error. Your setup list will help too.

I opened the WD My Cloud desktop application, clicked on my device to connect to it, it took a second then that error popped up. I tried connecting locally via web browser, same thing, could not connect. I tried using the app on my android phone, could not connect. It was working fine. The only thing that has changed in my environment is that I got a new laptop… but that does not explain the error connecting via web or mobile app. 

I can’t even get my files by hardwiring usb 3.0 from the my cloud to my laptop? ? 

try resetting your router.

download wd discovery and

net view from here. http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=904&lang=en
They will scan the network

I have the same issue. Ths is lame.

The link suggested takes me to generic download website and I can’t find what you’re referring to. Can you provide a link directly to what should be downloaded?

Ryan

Yes, down the utilities. They may help diagnose what is wrong.