Windows 24H2 + WD = blue screens

Oh very strange, maybe the problem is slightly different on the SN580.

1 Like

But thanks for your help in any case! At least the PC is stable now so hopefully Iā€™ll manage until an official patch.

Yep, your .reg script definitely fixed my NVMe stalling and disk event errors. Cheers for that, lad!

I canā€™t even get to registry editor because i get BSOD before i can fix this.

Also, this thread is a bit of a mess. Can you in one post write down a conclusion of everything that works. I have 580.

I donā€™t know if i should just wipe the disk and clone the old one (with 23h2 version of Windows) to this one once again jsut like i did it 2 weeks ago. Or maybe do a clean install but last time that wasnt neccesary. Or wait for x amount of time for Microsoft or WD to fix this.

I kinda need a reply soon, this problem is heavily affecting my work and time. Iā€™m frustrated at this point. Old SSD is so full (with system stuff and improstant apps) that i canā€™t work anymore with it.
tnx

1 Like

Try safe mode. I didnā€™t get BSOD after entering safe mode. Maybe it also work for you.

ChatGPT has joined the party :wink:

2 Likes

Either value 0 or 2 dont work. Are Hmb supposed to be written by capital letters?

Also, those articlesā€¦ Should you change the key above?

Idk what to do at this point.

So far disabling HMB is the only confirmed fix for SN580. You can use this reg file Windows Registry disable HMB Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Didnā€™t work.

I have the SN580 and both the fix of setting it to 0 and setting it to 2 and setting the HMB to 64MB work on my System. Was following this thread the last days. Im not experiencing any more BSODs since i created both registry entrys with 2 and 64MB last friday. System is working like a charm since then.

Just created and account to confirm this.

1 Like

Great! Out of interest was your parent device id DEV_5041?

Yes it is the correct id.

I gave up.
Just reinstalled Windows again (some older version). If i will get he same blue screen again, then iā€™m refunding the SSD.

@Zander2 Just noticed I put the wrong ID in the reg file, you can try again with rev 3 of the file if you want to give 64MB another go

And like almost always babbled total horse ā– ā– ā– ā–  without adding anything to the discussion.
Number 4 is especially stupid, since 24H2 has a bug in sfc

I have ssn770 and since setting HMBAllocationPolicy to 0 about a week ago I have experienced 0 problems. Havenā€™t noticed much performance drop either - the games I play are not heavy on the drive though.

It seems that it works for everyone except me. What did i wrong? I used the thing that someone made and also tried manually myself. Also tried different options (0 or 2 with conbinations). Nothing.

1 Like

Are you rebooting after making the registry change?

Using the reg file and rebooting worked for my SN770. I also turn off ultra fast boot in the BIOS as it doesnā€™t flush certain Windows files like Fast Boot does.

Didnā€™t work for me neither.