Windows 10 says MCH may be corrupt, showing as KDDFS file format

Over the last couple of days my Windows 10 PC has been losing its connection to my My Cloud Home, shows it as a KDDFS device which “might be corrupt”. It connects ok when the pc is first booted, but loses connection after 10 minutes or so. Quitting WD Discovery and starting it again also allows access for around 10 minutes. But restarting the MCH doesn’t improve anything. When I connect to MyCloud.com, it has a different look to when I last accessed it. So has there been a firmware update which has maybe caused this issue? It is showing as software version 7.15.0-160.

I can’t use it for anything while this is happening.

It is probably NOT a firmware issue, since I have the same firmware that you are running and nothing bad so far has happened. Maybe it might be something to do with WD Discovery? Also I think you mean home.mycloud.com too since they are both separate devices.

Looks like you were right. I did a full uninstall of all files, registry keys etc with Revo Uninstaller Pro, the downloaded and installed the latest WD Discovery and its been behaving itself for several hours now. So thanks for the pointer.

1 Like

You are welcome! Have a good day!