Windows 10 not seeing MyBookLIveduo

I recently bought a Windows 10 Laptop (Dell XPS).

The laptop does not see the mybookliveduo at all.

I checked the Homegroup/Workgroup settings , they are good. I have 1 Home PC  & 1 Printer on the Home Network .

My Laptop is able to access the Home PC and the Printer on the network.

With more than 8 hours spent on this issue online, I came across a Post where WD replied to a customer to RESET the MyBookLIveDuo using the RESET key at the rear. I did that and my Windows 10 Laptop saw the MyBookLiveDuo.

However when I clicked on it, it gave an error message saying it cannot find the drive.

I shutdown the Laptop and restarted , to my disappointment ,now the Laptop does not even show the MyBookLiveDuo, so I am back to square one.

When I checked the UI, the Firmware is quite old (MyBookLiveDuo 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W), where as I see there has been 3 more updates after that, a recent one in June 2015 (2.43.10 - 048 (6/22/2015)).

And when I attempt to upgrade the F/W, the UI reports that F/W is up to date !!

And I have been searching to download the FILE as there is an option to do an update via File !

Has anyone faced with the above two issues 1) Windows 10 vs MyBookLiveDuo  2) Firmware update isn’t available via UI. 

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Hi there,

I had the same problem, raised a question with WD tech support and got this in my inbox today:

We apologize for the inconvenience. The software available for the My Book Live Duo NAS drive are not supported on Windows 10. Western Digital is currently working on updates for our software so they can work properly under Windows 10. 

Seriously?  Did they not see Windows 10 coming or something?

The weird thing is, we upgraded to a Windows 10 PC in late August, and although I don’t think I’ve used any of the WD apps (like Smartware), I’ve most definitely been able to see the Live Duo as a drive, and save things to it.  It just stopped working last week, and now I can’t get it to reconnect for love nor money.  I’m not sure what has changed?

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Hi Claire

Thank you that is a surprise ! Because I thought once I get around installing latest Firmware onto my NAS, it will

work !

Someone forgot to add it in 'To do ’ list for this year I guess ! :angry:

So now we have to wait for a new roll out which probably comes with its own bugs …hmm that seems like  few months into

the future!!

Regards

Krishna

Hi Thank you

I have initiated a query with a complaint.

But ref Claire’s post,  i am not that hopeful. It is dissappointing to the say the least that they didn’t see this through, may be

it is the short attention span tech companies give to their product after sales and concentrate more on new products.

Regards

Krishna

Trancer wrote:

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Hi there,

Well, a development.  I fired up my old PC on good old Windows 7, and it couldn’t see the Duo either.  So although it doesn’t help that I can’t access any of the WD software on my flashy new Windows 10 PC, the Duo appears to have become invisible on the old PC too.  So Windows 10 is not the cause of the problem. 

It had a red light on the front.  I switched it off for a while and let it cool (although it wasn’t too warm) then tried again.  At least now I have a green light, but it still won’t connect on the old PC (or the new).

I’m now tying it down to one of two things (neither of which are related to the Windows 10 upgrade)

1. just over a week ago, our street had a power cut
  2. at some point recently, before the power cut, our Vodafone Suresignal had a hissy fit, and Vodafone told us it was because our service provider (Plusnet) had changed our IP address and they had to reset the Suresignal.  Not sure if this was just Vodafone BS, because as far as I can see our IP address is just the same as it was before.

Unfortunately, because we don’t look at the Duo on a daily basis, I didn’t notice when it gave up the ghost.  But I’d really like it back!

Any clues anyone?  I tried the ‘paperclip in the reset button for 4 seconds’ but that did nothing.  Didn’t appear to even reboot the machine.

Help?

Claire_S wrote:

Hi there,

Well, a development.  I fired up my old PC on good old Windows 7, and it couldn’t see the Duo either.  So although it doesn’t help that I can’t access any of the WD software on my flashy new Windows 10 PC, the Duo appears to have become invisible on the old PC too.  So Windows 10 is not the cause of the problem. 

It had a red light on the front.  I switched it off for a while and let it cool (although it wasn’t too warm) then tried again.  At least now I have a green light, but it still won’t connect on the old PC (or the new).

I’m now tying it down to one of two things (neither of which are related to the Windows 10 upgrade)

1. just over a week ago, our street had a power cut
  2. at some point recently, before the power cut, our Vodafone Suresignal had a hissy fit, and Vodafone told us it was because our service provider (Plusnet) had changed our IP address and they had to reset the Suresignal.  Not sure if this was just Vodafone BS, because as far as I can see our IP address is just the same as it was before.

Unfortunately, because we don’t look at the Duo on a daily basis, I didn’t notice when it gave up the ghost.  But I’d really like it back!

Any clues anyone?  I tried the ‘paperclip in the reset button for 4 seconds’ but that did nothing.  Didn’t appear to even reboot the machine.

Help?

Hi

Not sure this would help, however might clear you some points on the way .

With reference to your points 1 and 2.

I doubt if that has to do with WD not appearing because

1. I live in S.W of India so due to Monsoon weather we often have to keep all our Electronics plugged out (Incl the DSL cable that comes into Router as once I had my Router damaged when we had close calls with Thunderstorms)

So in my home we turn off the MyBookliveduo every day

1. I  do not have permenant IP address here at home. That is why often I can’t access the MyBookLiveDuo using the ‘desktop shortcut’ . So I usually go to the ‘storage’ in ‘Network’ window and rightclick-Show my device page to take me to UI.

Best regards

Krishna

Hey, people…

I still have this problem. I upgraded to Win10 in my Samsung laptop this week and, to my surprise, my My Book Live Duo is unavailable. It’s still ok, and I can see it in network, but can’t access it, or find any files. It’s still there, but unavailable. Has any of you solved the problem in the last two months? Thank you!!!

(Sorry for these mine worst English!)

Hi All, I have found a solution to this problem, which I also encountered after upgrading to Windows 10 on my Samsung laptop.
After much reading online, I called up WD tech support, and got the problem resolved by the tech. assistant in 5 minutes!
Turns out in my case Windows 10 was not automatically updating the network locations on my LAN at home, which is how I have the WD My Book Duo set up.
She instructed me to download (from the WD downloads section of the WD webpage) a program called “WD Discovery”.
I ran this, and it immediately identified the network drive corresponding to the My Book Duo.
I then went to My Computer folder and was immediately able to access the WD My Book drive before.
Hope this helps others in the same situation, I must say It is the first time in my life that calling tech support phone number led to an immediate and successful resolution of my problem, so kudos to the WD tech team, at least the one servicing the middle east which is where I live!

1 Like

MBLD 6TB
MyBookLiveDuo 02.43.10-048 : Core F/W

I don’t use a password for admin access and all my shares are public, no login required. I believe this is the problem for some of you. I believe Windows 10 does not trust network computers that have no login.

Went searching around trying to solve this myself for a while. Nothing in this thread solved it. Dabbled around and finally figured it out. Came back as many people here seem to have the issue without a resolution.

Here’s how I fixed the problem. I’m sure the first part and second part are somewhat similar but it does not work without doing part 1 first and then part 2. I do not work for WD and am not responsible for any issues or security you may encounter. Whenever editing registry back it up first unless you know what your doing.

Part 1
1. run cmd as admin, enter the two commands below
2. sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
3. sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Part 2
1. run regedit as admin, navigate to below
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
3. set the value data of RequireSecuritySignature from 1 to 0

Restart and enjoy.