Window PC's "see" Sharespace on the LAN but MAC does not--nor can I log into it from the MAC

I don’t understand why I don’t have the same access to the Sharespace from my Mac Mini (10.5.6) as I do from the wiindows based PC’s.  The Mac is a G4. 

I see the Sharespace from the MAC as one of the network devices but I can’t access it by simply clicking on it.  If I double click on it and select log on as a specific user, using the same log in name and password that works for all Windows PC’s, I am not able to connect to it.   I have a WDTVLive Hub on my LAN which shows up as well in the network devices but when I click on it from the MAC, I get access under a “guest” account which is apparently part of the standard settings for the HUB.  No guest account exist on the Sharespace.  Is it necessary to have a guest account only for the MAC? 

The only way I have found to access the sharespace from the mac is to use finder, then select the GO tab, then select connect to server where I enter SMB://WdSharespace–then I can see the drive.

Each time I power down the MAC, I have to repeat the above procedure, not very convienent. 

How can I fix this so that I can access the sharepace directly by clilcking on it as do with the WD TV LIVE HUB?

Thanks!!

Make sure it’s got the latest firmware if you’re using Lion otherwise you won’t be able to connect to it using AFP.

Secondly, create a local account on the Sharespace and use it to authenticate to it from the Mac. It works fine on my end and always has.

Adi

adisor19 wrote:

Make sure it’s got the latest firmware if you’re using Lion otherwise you won’t be able to connect to it using AFP.

Secondly, create a local account on the Sharespace and use it to authenticate to it from the Mac. It works fine on my end and always has.

Adi

+1 on both the above. You want to create  a user account on the sharespace for authentication.

Besides which, you can automate the reconnection of drives at login. You can write a script to do this, or keep it simple and just add the currently connected drive to your user acount’s login items. It will store the connection with the active credentials.