Will WD My Cloud serve my purpose?

I have a home-based business, but I mainly work outside the home at libraries and archival institutions. My work usually entails editing documents to reflect new research results. At present, I typically make changes to my documents, rename them to reflect the current date, and then e-mail them to myself. What I would rather do is update my documens without having to rename them and e-mail them to myself. Will My Cloud allow me to have one document saved on my home desktop computer, but which I can edit remotely with my notebook computer?

WD My Cloud would do that for you.  If your documents are not sensitive, why don’t you use a public cloud service like google drive or drop box or iCloud, for limited storage requirements these are free.

The documents are not sensitive, but there are many of them, including a few thousand scanned PDF documents. I expect that the storage requirements for them would far exceed the free storage from Google, Drop Box, etc.

JDavidB wrote:

The documents are not sensitive, but there are many of them, including a few thousand scanned PDF documents. I expect that the storage requirements for them would far exceed the free storage from Google, Drop Box, etc.

Google drive 15GB Free

http://www.google.com/drive/about.html?utm_source=dl_page&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=web&utm_content=learnmore

Thank you for that information. At present, the total storage requirement is around 400 GB, and I am regularly adding more documents.