Will a quick restore fix a "Fix corrupted system"?

I have been trying on and off for months to update to the latest firmware.  I have all the data backed up on a seperate USB drive.  

I have never been able to do a firmware upgrade since I first got the unit from bestbuy.  I updated it once and have had to always do something with SSH using putty or winSCP.   My Mycloud functions geat most of the time except really slow transfer speeds discconnects and slow UI speeds/refeshes.  Its not my router or network.  Im hardwired.   

from what I read quick restore only erases your shares ect… Not the LINUX oprating system? after the commands below nothing happens with the Mycloud.  The light stays blue for hours and the UI says downloading 0% for hours.   I just unplug have to reboot that way.  Can someone please help me out?  will calling tech support help?  do they even know how to SSH ?  thanks guys.  

cd /shares/Public

wget http://download.wdc.com/nas/sq-040001- 623-201 40904.deb.zip

rm -f sq-040001-623-20140904.deb.zip

/usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /shares/Public/sq-040001-623-20140904.deb

Hello there, I have not tried this, but lets see if another user can share some information and tips on this matter.