Why is there is unloacated partition (32MB) came with my WD(My Passport)

Hi,

I am respectfully asking you about that when I have connected My Passport to my computer and then check over it during computer management tool, I have found that there is an unlocated partition whose size is about(32MB). And there is a 931GB primary partition. I have updated the operating program for WD by clicking ‘right-click’ and then navigated into My Passport. finally, I have chosen “WD SES Device Driver”, but I noticed that only the question mark whic

h was on the HDD inside devices manager disappeared. However, the unlocated partition is still shown until now.

I also noticed that the size of My Passport shown is 931.48 gigabytes instead of being 1,024 … gigabytes.
Where is the rest of size?

Looks like the drive was previously used on Mac

format the drive to use with your computer

the size is correct is just showing the binary capacity as opposed to the decimal quantity

Thank you so much indeed, but I didn’t use it in another system.

Who used it? Did a WD Company use it???

I have purchased new and just connected to my windows 7 system

Don’t know about that dude

did you fix the problem?

What did you reply me in order for I Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and ‘Accept as Solution’ under options for the post that solved your issue.?

I am quite surprised that you are only caring about Kudos star without giving good reply.

If you read closely that’s my signature and you are not obliged to kudo if you don’t want.

I’m just an user like you and I reply if I want

so I guess I don’t need to reply any more since you have some issues that need to handle on your own.

Good luck with your problem.

Thank you so much, anyway,

I don’t have any problem my freind, but I want to know that  support for WD customers is good or not.

In addition, if I help anyone, I don’t help them in order for they give me a kudos, because I don’t care about it at all so long as I am confident of myself.  

cooperator wrote:

Thank you so much, anyway,

I don’t have any problem my freind, but I want to know that  support for WD customers is good or not.

In addition, if I help anyone, I don’t help them in order for they give me a kudos, because I don’t care about it at all so long as I am confident of myself.  

if you want to know if support is good you should try contacting them

The community is for users helping other users, hence why it’s called " Community "

Thank  you very much indeed,

As long as this forum(community) belongs to WD, there should be some of their designers to view in the  customers’ problems.

The Moderators here are WD employees. They can and have forwarded ideas and solutions but it’s up to management to make changes.

Joe

cooperator wrote:

Thank  you very much indeed,

As long as this forum(community) belongs to WD, there should be some of their designers to view in the  customers’ problems.

Joe is right.  Us, moderators, are WD employees.  However, WD decided that the forum should be a user to user community.  That’s because we have Tech Support that is available for helping users.  If you want WD help, you can easily get it by either calling or emailing.  The link below will get you started.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en