Why drive aooeras but no SMB connection

I now have a new question concerning my WD MYCLOD HOME for two reasons: none of the answers addressed my issue, and I studied the problem more deeply.

The status is as follows:

1. I can access the admin using http://mycloud-xxxxxx, with user alpha, as this was the user on the computer that I used when I bought the WD device

2. I used the same credentials as before on my new computer, and everything worked.

3. After I enabled the LAN access, it worked and suddenly stopped; it showed only the public areas. I can access data only with web access.

4. The Windows credentials show that the drive is defined but does not appear when I do Get-SmbConnection. However, another, my older, CloudMirror appears, so SMB is enabled.

Questions

1. Can I have the user alpha on the drive and the heta login name in Windows?

2. In the Admin dashboard, there is a password REDET. What does this command do?

3. Is it possible to change the user name in the dashboard - I tried, and it did not allow it.

Hi @oregbandi ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting: