Why do I have to disconnect Eth after reboots?

So whats the issue that I require to goto device and pull eth cable and reinsert after NAS goes blink red. This happens only after the NAS reboots for say firmware or I decide to power cycle using GUI reboot option. I dont think thats a common thing but just asking to see if its not just me.

Hi @Gramidar,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

It’s a bit peculiar that you have to do a cable dance with your NAS after a reboot, right? While I’m no tech guru, I’ve had my fair share of device quirks. Sometimes, it’s a matter of compatibility or settings.
One thing you might want to check is if your NAS and router are on the same page. Maybe they need a little chat to sync up smoothly. Or it could be some firmware issue that needs an update.
Now, about crypto, speaking of smooth connections, if you’re into it, you might consider exploring tools like a crypto mixer. They can add a layer of privacy and security to your crypto transactions.

Yeah tell me about it just ran the update for .157 > .161 and did not fail me i pop’d the eth from the switch and after the nas was OMG IM NOT PLUGGED IN… I plugged it back in and was g2g. And to answer everyone no I did not put a ticket in… This is the only device on my network that wont pull from dhcp.

The device network only using port 1 and its set for dhcp ipv4 and auto for ipv6… I did at time of post set ipv6 to dhcp… thou its ipv4 that fails to get dhcp that i notice and i cant see if ipv6 was ok from the device but my dhcp server does not say it pulled for ipv6. dont think this will fix my problem.

And nothing is in the systems logs that there are issues (except that i unplugged the eth cable ).