Why can't I access MyCloud Drives with VLC on my Nvidia Shield?

My two WD MyCloud drive’s are working great as far as accessing from my iMac’s Finder goes, but since I set up a new eero 6+ mesh network a couple of weeks ago, VLC can’t access the drives from my Nvidia Shield android device. I tried the 4-second reset, then tried Admin and that didn’t seem to work. Maybe if I could figure out how to get the IP address of the drives I could manually get them back?

Perhaps look at the Eero since the problem started when you introduced it to your network. Check to see if there is client or network isolation or something similar configure for the mesh nodes if the Nvidia Shield is connecting through a mesh node.

Check the Eero administration page (or the Eero app) to see if it lists the DHCP clients and if the My Cloud is obtaining an IP address. Don’t have a Mac but I assume there is a way in Finder to obtain an IP address of a network share that one connects to using Finder. Perhaps search the internet for how to obtain an IP address of a network Share in Finder.

I think before I look into getting help from eero, I need help with the MyCloud drives. I cannot get to the dashboard no matter how hard I try. I’ve tried Safari and tried Chrome. And when I try to “Connect” using “Admin” and no password… nothing happens, I get a popup saying there was a problem connecting to the server “WDMyCloud2”. How do I reset the drives so that I’m back to “admin” and no password? And as mentioned earlier, I have access to all the files as a “guest” on both drives.

My Cloud OS 3 Pin Reset and System Only Restore a Single Bay My Cloud Device

How to Pin Reset and System Only Restore My Cloud OS 5 Devices