WHo has experience with a LTO 7 HH from Quantum and Arkeia 10.2.12

HI
I play with the idea to buy a LTO 7 HH Drive. https://shop.bechtle.de/de/product/quantum-lto-7-hh-sas-externes-laufwerk–4038311

I would like to use the Ubuntu version from Arkeia 10.2.12.
Are there already TAPEs for the LTO 7 in the Arkeia system? How Can I add a Lto7 Tape to the Arkeia if they are not already available? Has anyone here have experiences with this configuration? THanks
Walter

Hello Walter,

It’s great to hear that you are considering purchasing a Quantum LTO 7 HH drive for your backup needs. As for Arkeia, I’m not sure about the availability of LTO 7 tapes in their system, as it depends on the version of Arkeia that you are running. However, you can check their website or contact their support team for more information.

In case LTO 7 tapes are not available in Arkeia, you may need to manually add the tape to the system. To do this, you’ll need to first install the appropriate device drivers for the LTO 7 drive on your Ubuntu system. Once the drivers are installed, you can then use the mt command to add the tape to the system.

Regarding experiences with this configuration, I would recommend checking forums and communities related to Arkeia and Quantum LTO drives, as there may be users who have already tried this setup and can share their experiences and tips.

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Best regards
Walter