Which one is better for backups?

Hello

I’ve been in a partnership with WD for a long time now so I’ve recently bought WD My Passport 5TB HDD, and the thing is I’ve found it running on exFAT which is something I’ve never dealt with before.
I use my external hard disks for backing up purposes also I use them a lot in case of playing or watching movies, the thing is from what I’ve read so far, exFAT is better for those who use multiple OS “I don’t use anything but Windows at the moment” but in terms of data, there’s some risk here.
My last product was Elements and I used it for more than 3 years and it worked like a charm with no problems at all and up until now is still working but I felt the need for upgrading for a bigger space, Elements is running on NTFS.
So my questions is: should I leave as it is “exFAT” or format it in NTFS? Backups and hard working are my top priority and since I have no experience with exFAT I want to know if I am at data loss risk here.

Hi @MoShika ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Choosing between exFAT and NTFS for your WD My Passport 5TB HDD depends on your specific needs and usage preferences. Since you primarily use Windows and have no plans to use the drive with other operating systems, sticking with NTFS might be more convenient for you.