Which files to backup? Space decreasing

I’m running My Passport Ultra backing up all of my C and D bifurcated drive. (Windows 10 D has all my photos and videos. C has all programs and everything else. ) I notice that every week the amount of space left in My Passport decreases about 1%. I’m not adding any documents or photos. So I suspect its accumulating web pages and temporary files, stuff I probably do not need to back up.

What files should I not really have to back up that would cause this problem?

HI,

Every time WD Backup does a new backup it creates a new entry in the History folder. This tracks any changes to files plus the date and time or just date and time if no changes. I do not know how to remove older entries, but make sure you are not running backup every day or hour. I would think maybe twice a week and non on week-ends unless you do work then. You can see the actual date information by clicking on Restore, then Select Files to Restore and there will be a list on the right side.

AS for which files not to back up, well I omit both C:Program Files and C:program files (*86). They seldom change and you can most likely recover from other sources. Same thing for Downloads Folders. Do backup Program Data as this contains your recent activities. the Help for WD Backup lists all of the file types that ar NOT backed up if that helps you.

Cliff

Ok Thanks. Is there a place to see which files backed up?

I’m still eating up MY Passport. I think it’s the data I’m getting from internet browsing. Where does that data input get stored? I’ll uncheck that box for backing it up. Thanks.