Which extarnal drive

i just bought wd live.but i dont which extanal hard drive  i should buy which will support for movies.in usb port so plz tell me that which one i shoud buy

deeliuk wrote:

i just bought wd live.but i dont which extanal hard drive  i should buy which will support for movies.in usb port so plz tell me that which one i shoud buy

Hi there, deeliuk!

You can check this link for a big list of supported hardware like external drives and USB Wireless Adapters:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3805

If you just want to keep it simple, here is a list of the External Drives WD tested with the Live, so you know these will work:

Western Digital External USB Hard Drives:

Device Name Model Number
WD My Passport Studio Edition WDMSxxxxx, WDMTxxxxx
WD My Passport Elite Edition WDMLxxxxx, WDBAACxxxxxxx
WD My Passport Essential Edition WDMExxxxx, WDBAAAxxxxxxx
WD My Passport Essential SE WDMETxxxxxx, WDBABMxxxxxxx
WD My Passport for Mac WDBAABxxxxxxx
WD Elements Portable WDE1MSxxxxx, WDBAARxxxxxxx
WD Elements Desktop WDE1Uxxxxx, WDBAAUxxxxxxx
WD My Book Essential Edition WDH1Uxxxxxx, WDBAAFxxxxxxx
WD My Book Elite Edition WDBAAHxxxxHCH
WD My Book Studio Edition WDH1Qxxxxxx
WD My Book Home Edition WDH1Cxxxxx
WD My Book Office Edition WDH1Bxxxxx

As for me, I bought a Hitachi 1TB External Drive that works great. I also bought a generic SATA enclosure off NewEgg and threw a 500g WD Drive in it, and it works fine.

Hope that helps!

i have a 1.5tb samsung hardrive and it seems ok to me , no problems as yet.

I have a 320GB WD My Passport Essential.  It ■■■■■!  I started to watch a Bluray movie which was on this drive and about 4 minutes into the movie it just went off and wouldn’t play any more.  I thought it might be the movie, so I tried to watch a different Bluray movie and it did the same thing.

I know the movies are OK because I was able to watch them by streaming  from my computer to the TV using  the WD Live Media Player.

Don’t know what’s wrong with My Passport, but it must be broken or something.   I need to get another Portable HD, but I am loathe to buy another WD one in case it does it again.