Where is MAC time machine backup really stored within the MybookLive?

I have MybookLive which I am using with no problems. I have made 4 shares.

I have also configred Macbook TimeMachine to sucessfully backup data to “MybookLive_Backup”.

I would like to do a “manual second backup” of the time machne backup. But where is it exactly? It is not there in any of my configured 4 shares!

Is backup different than shares? If i can access shares with //IPAdress/ , then how do I access the “backup”?

I hope my question makes sense.

You may use Go > Connect to server > yourmybooklivename.local, then mount Time Machine as Guest.

1 Like

Thanks for reply.

What you said is right, from MACBOOKPro, in FINDER window, I can see two conections

1. MybookLive which shows all my shares correctly

2. MybookLive-BACKUP which shows always as failed.

From what I have read somwhere else, the number 2 above is normal (?) MBL does not give direct access to this BACKUP drive. It is seperate from the SHARES I have created.

What I wanted is to make a manual backup of this TIME MACHINE BACKUP stored in the MBL as BACKUP. And looks like there is no way to do that?

Vadir wrote:

You may use Go > Connect to server > yourmybooklivename.local, then mount Time Machine as Guest.

I have time machine setup for auto backups on my macbook pro. I leave the TimeMachine share unmounted so the hourly & daily backups are saved on my local hard drive. One a week, I mount the TimeMachine share (in FInder GO->afp://mybooklive.local, connect as guest and select Time Machine on the next screen). The next backup then does a full backup to the MBL. When done I just eject/unmount the TM share.