When I connect the drive to another PC win7 it gives Q:\ isnot accessible Access is denied

Hi

I used to backup mydata from my daily winXP computer using the smartware application and still I can access it fro explorer.

now I am trying to access my drive from another computer win 7 64bit, but it is giving   “Q:\ is not accessible  Access is denied” and giving 0 size. I am still able to access it from the old win XP, but win xp is crashing now, and I need to access MYPASSPORT WD drive on win7.

any solution please.?

amin

Did you change the drive write/read permissions in your Windows XP computer?

aminbg wrote:

Hi

I used to backup mydata from my daily winXP computer using the smartware application and still I can access it fro explorer.

now I am trying to access my drive from another computer win 7 64bit, but it is giving   “Q:\ is not accessible  Access is denied” and giving 0 size. I am still able to access it from the old win XP, but win xp is crashing now, and I need to access MYPASSPORT WD drive on win7.

any solution please.?

amin

it could also be an issue with the format of the drive.  7 may not be reading it.  if your xp is still in good enough condition, you could try using another drive formatted by the win 7 and copy the data from the passport on to that drive.  Then see if 7 reads it.