When does WD plan to create official themes?

Do you guys actually thought about this? :slight_smile: I think its time to hire some graphic designers and start creating themes. 

I saw themes forum, but I dont want to downgrade firmware since it gives me hard time with large files, bugs, etc etc.

Well just so you know, many of the themes (not all) present very few to problems running on the latest firmware. They may not function exactly as you like but they will work and are, as far as I’m concerned, better than the stock theme. I don’t think anyone has ever bricked their hub using one, if I’m wrong tell me. So it doesn’t hurt to try them out and see if you like one well enough to use it…

I hope they never do. I’d much rather they focus on fixing bugs and bringing us better firmware updates than wasting energy on themes, something done much better by the user community anyway.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Miami_Son wrote:

I hope they never do. I’d much rather they focus on fixing bugs and bringing us better firmware updates than wasting energy on themes, something done much better by the user community anyway.

I couldnt agree more :slight_smile: it seems that I’m expecting a lot… looking as product of WD, they should care for everything, unless there is priority and thats the bugged firmware. In meantime, they could hire some people, and do the graphic thingy.

I hope we’ll see in near future themes by WD.

I know you mean well, but aren’t you asking subscribers to settle for less than something that works as it should?  Just because a wheel will work missing a spoke, doesn’t mean it’s of any real value, IMHO.  I think we ought to emphasize that WD needs to create more themes–or other participants need to get their hard work done right.  All get A+ for effort.

I have no interest in themes. The Hub does what I ask of it, and I am not ‘settling for less’, IMHO.

l10rdr33f4 wrote:

I have no interest in themes. The Hub does what I ask of it, and I am not ‘settling for less’, IMHO.

Same here. There is no mention of themes in the marketing or packaging. It isn’t what I bought the Live Hub for. I’m glad that other users offer more functionality by creating them, but I don’t fault WD or the Hub for not providing more in the way of themes. In my opinion, it is not a missing spoke and that analogy doesn’t apply here.