What is the wireless speed of this wd tv live streaming?

I will use my wd tv live to play movies from my nas over wireless network.
I think the wireless module of this wdtv live will have max speed somehow.
So there is no need for me to go for the highest speed possible router.

What is the wireless max speed of this wd tv live streaming?

2.4 ghz N

it’s 2x Mimo so 300 Mbps theoretical max link speed

actual link speed and actual throughput will usually be lower

although, I recommend confirguring the router for the highest speed possible

2xMIMO means double antenna is it ?

Basicly yes.

Instead of one which transmits and receives causing a delay as it does one or the other.

There are two one doing transmiting and one receiving removing the delay.

Do I need to buy “dual band” router to enjoy this function? (They are so expensive compared to high speed high power 300mbps single band router).

Please advise

Basicly yes although you can get them at decent prices now.

The asus rt n56u or the netgear WNDR3700 which are both excellent routers but can be had at decent prices because they are slightly older models.

SultanBrunei wrote:
Do I need to buy “dual band” router to enjoy this function? (They are so expensive compared to high speed high power 300mbps single band router).

Please advise

A few months ago, I upgraded my Linksys wireless-G router to an ASUS RT-N66U, wireless-N, not because I was having trouble with my WD player at the G speeds, but because I wanted a gigabit wired speed, and to use the 5G wireless connection speed of the dual-band ASUS for streaming video to my iPad.  All works great.

It doesn’t appear from your comments you are using a WDTV player right now.  If so, try it with your current router.  If you experience problems, come back to this thread and we can pick up the conversation then.

In the tests I ran recently, I was never able to sustain more than about 22 Mbps via “n” Wifi, even though the Wifi router was reporting a possible speed of 300 Mbps to the SMP.  22 Mbps is not fast enough for most blu-ray quality files, and such files would frequently rebuffer.  Also tried powerline unit that claims up to 500 Mbps, and while that unit also reported highest speed connection, it was able to sustain only about 32 Mbps throughput, which is still not fast enough for some blu-ray files.  By contrast, wired/Ethernet connections were able to sustain at least 60 Mbps in my tests, and are the only networking approach that has allowed me to stream full quality blu-ray files to my SMPs without any hiccups.  Led me to finally figure out how to nicely run Ethernet to the upstairs, and to install some network wall jacks.