What is resolution to "login timed out" error on EX4 after a backup to USB-connected HDD?

Did a backup of a WD My Cloud EX4 as recommended by Corporate WD idiots. Now I can only access the dash for about 15-30 seconds. Interface closes out with error of “Login timed out”. Subsequent attempts to access reveal that the interface is in mode of a “new” device although it accepts login password that I created initially. Unfortunately, the device continually demands that I read and sign off on the ‘user agreement’ every logon attempt. Interface does not update any transaction.
What a crock of BS!
Addendum: Interestingly, if one of my other networked PCs were mapped to the WD NAS, I can still access the directory structure. If the PC gets rebooted, no access to the NAS anymore…
Again, what a crock of BS to have to deal with after a simple backup to attached USB device! Trying to salvage data by moving directories that I still can access to different locations but this is ridiculous.

Hi @harleyfart01,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Device is out of support. Has been for years.