What is progress bar supposed to be showing

I’ve been running a SmartWare backup (in File Backup mode) for several hours and I have no idea what the progress bar is trying to show.  In fact, none of the status messages concerning how much has been backed up or how much is left seem consistent.  For example, the progress bar currently shows “44.47GB out of 97.33GB copied” while the status message on the right of the MBL icon show “60.99GB backed up”.  Also there are two blocks inside the MBL icon - one shows “Files 84.1GB” and is partially filled with blue and the other shows “Additional files 37.8GB”.  Finally, I’ve been monitoring the disk usage from an ssh login to MBL, and the df command indicates that about 74GB have been written for this backup.  Anyone know how to interpret these numbers? 

Smartware tends not to be accurate, the only number that tends to be legit is the additional files, which counts for files inside the drive not copied by smartware.

“Smartware tends not to be accurate,”

That’s probably an understatement.  However, because of the high overhead of WDFME.exe taking over my computer every time I boot up and hanging on until it decides to reduce its resources, I have removed SmartWare from my PC.  I’ve gone back to Norton Ghost even though it has some features I don’t like.  However, at least I know what to expect.

archiew

“However, because of the high overhead of WDFME.exe taking over my computer every time I boot up and hanging on until it decides to reduce its resources, I have removed SmartWare from my PC.”

How did you manage to remove SmartWare, which is embedded in the firmware?

Did you actually hide and/or disable it?

Thanks.

You just uninstall it from your computer. Sure, the core files remain on the drive, but it does nothing at all if it has not been installed on your computer.